• NBA 2K15 - Introducing 2KTV

NBA 2K15 will include a new in-game video show/hub called "2KTV." The in-game channel will feature host Rachel DeMita and provide updates on game features, NBA 2K community-inspired content, and interviews with NBA players, coaches, and experts. The first full episode on 2KTV will air on the game's launch, October 7.

More on the show: The real-life DeMita — not an animated replica — will greet you every time you put on the game. She’ll provide a brief update on the latest happenings in the NBA 2K community. She might be back later with highlights of your game and ask you how you did it.

The actual show will be streamed into the game once a week and is planned to last about 15 minutes. It will feature fast-paced segments from highlights of actual NBA 2K games played by users who allow 2K to access their systems through the DVR function, plus highlights of NBA 2K tournaments and other large-scale events and interviews with actual game users and tournament winners and exclusive interviews with NBA players, coaches and experts.

(Image courtesy dimemag.com)
    This article was originally published in forum thread: NBA 2K15 - Introducing 2KTV started by cdj View original post
    Comments 4 Comments
      CLW -
      Interesting.
      steelerfan -
      Not that it'd ever buy a basketball game, but I think I could do without 15 minutes of user highlights per week.

"We go to the highlights. A wicked alley oop by '420hoopzzz' has him back within 5 points of 'XxXBallah69XxX'."

Yeah, I'm fine without that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      Not that it'd ever buy a basketball game, but I think I could do without 15 minutes of user highlights per week.

"We go to the highlights. A wicked alley oop by '420hoopzzz' has him back within 5 points of 'XxXBallah69XxX'."

Yeah, I'm fine without that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass
      cdj -
      In terms of showing community highlights, IIRC NBA LIVE 10 had this within the hangar (open gym that game started you in to shootaround) as they would put the weekly top five/ten in there that would auto-play. The bigger difference here seems to be the 'tv show' aspect with the host, interview clips, and planned/announced weekly 'shows'. I wonder how many of these clips will be new, relevant content or if they were recorded when the players/coaches did in-studio voiceovers & work for the game.