• EA SPORTS NHL 15 Lays Out Content Update Schedule

While NHL 15 has been praised pre-release for its gameplay, graphics, and presentation, it has been roundly criticized for what is considered a neutering of features from its last-gen counterpart. However, with the capability of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, the NHL development team is able to update the game with features and options.

On the EA Forums, Producer Sean Ramjagsingh has laid out the content update schedule for NHL 15. This includes Playoff Mode, improvements to Be A Pro and Hockey Ultimate Team, GM Draft, Online Team Play, and more. Continue on to read the full posting from Ramjagsingh.

Thanks for being part of this journey as we head into the launch of NHL 15 on the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4, the start of a new generation of hockey videogames. We’re incredibly proud of the next-generation gameplay and presentation experience we’ve created for all our fans. From the Next-Generation Hockey Player and True Hockey Physics to the Unrivalled In-Arena Experience and a revolution in Broadcast Presentation, I’m extremely proud of what our team has delivered in one year on new technology. The focus on a new gameplay and presentation engine will not only deliver a great game now, but also give us the foundation to deliver next-generation hockey experiences to you for the years to come.

However, we’re not done. We’re committed to keeping the experience fresh throughout the hockey season, in addition to the roster and ratings updates you’ve always received, the list below contains the free content updates for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 we’re working on and our expected window on when you will see them in the game:

September:

Playoff Mode
    Create a custom offline tournament bracket with up to 16 teams from any of the 12 leagues in the game. Play or simulate each game and track player and team stats throughout the tournament.

Be A Pro - Coach Feedback
    Get the coach’s feedback while you are on the bench. The coach will give you tips on how to stay on top of your game and grade you on your play.

3 Stars of the Game
    At the end of the game, see the three stars and their high level stats. Will apply to every game mode.

Hockey Ultimate Team
    Several content updates, including:
    • Changed layout and navigation in HUT store
    • New animations for player items
    • Improved edit lines screen to better identify players that are injured or require contract extensions

October:

Online Team Play
    Online multiplayer mode where every player on the ice can be human controlled.

GM Draft
    For the first time in the NHL franchise, you will be put on the clock and feel the pressure like real NHL GM’s. You will now only have 3 minutes to make a draft pick. If the pressure is too much, you can also call timeouts to extend the amount of time you have to make a draft pick or potentially negotiate a trade. You can make trades at any time during the draft. The CPU will also propose trades to each other and the user throughout the draft.

------

As always your feedback is fundamental to how we make NHL better and better, so we will also be looking to what you want to see implemented in the game.

Thanks
    Sean
    Comments 3 Comments
      steelerfan -
      The only one that is a big deal to me is the Draft. I really hope scouting is better though.

I'll be happy with the 3 Stars addition, but won't really miss it before it's there.

If nothing else, this should calm some of the hoard of haters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A
      cdj -
      It's definitely a start. Thank goodness the current tech allows for updates such as these. Not all that long ago people would have to wait for NHL 16. Hopefully these updates don't slow down NHL 16 development though.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      It's definitely a start. Thank goodness the current tech allows for updates such as these. Not all that long ago people would have to wait for NHL 16. Hopefully these updates don't slow down NHL 16 development though.
      I wouldn't think it would slow NHL 16. 16 was slowed by having this stuff on it's plate to begin with. Stuff that should have been in 15 all along.

Like you said, I'm just glad out can be "patched in" these days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A