• EA Access for Madden 15 Limited to 6 Hours

A point of concern since the EA Access service was announced, the actual amount of pre-release gametime with Madden NFL 15 will be "six gameplay hours." This comes via the EA Access Twitter account in response to a question from an assumed customer of the service.

EA Access costs $4.99 a month (or $30 a year) and allows users to play older EA titles for free while also giving them five days of early access to new EA titles. While a limited playtime makes sense for games with a storyline (Dragon's Age, Battlefield, etc.), many sports gamers have expressed disgust at going from unlimited three day playing time with EA SPORTS Season Ticket to now six hours over five days. (Season Ticket returns to PS3/360 this year.)

EA Access is only available on Microsoft's Xbox One as Sony (PlayStation 4) allegedly declined carrying the program, citing it a poor value for consumers. With full details now available, do you agree with Sony's decision? Continue on to share your opinion and to see some initial reactions to this time limit via Twitter.

This article was originally published in forum thread: EA Access for Madden 15 limited to 6 hours started by gschwendt View original post
    Comments 29 Comments
      cdj -
      I am seeing tweets that EA Access with Madden 15 is now up and running with people already playing/streaming.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      I am seeing tweets that EA Access with Madden 15 is now up and running with people already playing/streaming.
      Yup. I just watched three people with the game. They are going to blow their six hours tonight and then have to wait a week to play again. On another topic... so jealous!!!
      jaymo76 -
      Looks like EA caught on. All of the 15 feeds have now stopped.
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      Looks like EA caught on. All of the 15 feeds have now stopped.
      *smh* They can't stream the game? What did EA think people were going to do? They're totally fucking everything up.
      bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      *smh* They can't stream the game? What did EA think people were going to do? They're totally fucking everything up.
      CLW -

Or not.....
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      Par for the course. Despite the fact that EA is a video game company in the modern age, they're concerned with controlling the message like they're a newspaper company in the Yellow Journalism age.
      bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Or not.....
      They are listening, in an Orwellian 1984 kind of way.
      gschwendt -
      I don't think the issue was that they were streaming, rather that they were accessing the game early and streaming. It was a glitch with EA Access that allowed them play early.

Most big companies do the same thing if you get an early retail copy and stream it.

Streaming on Thursday wouldn't be a problem to my understanding.