• Officially No Madden NFL 15 Demo

After a week of rumors on a possible release date for a Madden NFL 15 demo and then if one will even be available, it was confirmed today on Twitter by Community Manager Andrew Johnson that there will not be a demo for the game.

With EA Access now available for all Xbox One users, those who wish to play Madden NFL 15 (PS4 & XB1) will need to sign up for the subscription service. EA Access will allow users to play the game five days early, however there has no word on if there will be any limits to the amount of time played in that period.

Will the lack of a demo hurt your interest in the title? If on Xbox One, does this news make you more likely to subscribe to EA Access? Share your thoughts with the community.

EA SPORTS issued the following statement to Polygon regarding the lack of a Madden NFL 15 demo: "The difficult decision not to do a demo for Madden was strictly a result of the team's commitment to deliver the highest-quality game possible. We chose to put 100 percent of our development resources toward the full game." Madden NFL 25 released at launch for both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in November, leading to a shorter development cycle for Madden NFL 15.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Officially No Madden 15 Demo started by gschwendt View original post
    Comments 41 Comments
      SmoothPancakes -
      Well, that definitively settles that.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass
      steelerfan -
      I wonder if demos are going away in EA Sports titles altogether.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A
      JeffHCross -
      Stupid, stupid, stupid.
      oweb26 -
      Officially no madden for me.
      GatorfanStovy -
      NOO! I wanted to at least get a taste for it. Oh well. 2 more weeks people!
      JBHuskers -
      I play the demo maybe once and that's it, so it's not a big deal for me.
      souljahbill -
      jaymo76 -
      Hate to be right on this one but things were just adding up to not seeing a demo. I fully expect however that a move like this will be a real cash cow for EA as a lot of xbox people will drop the $5 or $30 for the year to buy EA ACCESS to try the game out. I suspect this move is 100% financial.
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      Hate to be right on this one but things were just adding up to not seeing a demo. I fully expect however that a move like this will be a real cash cow for EA as a lot of xbox people will drop the $5 or $30 for the year to buy EA ACCESS to try the game out. I suspect this move is 100% financial.
      Spend money to build a demo or earn money letting people play early?

Easy decision.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      Spend money to build a demo or earn money letting people play early?

Easy decision.
      Agreed. This just makes Sony saying "no" to Access so much more difficult as I would have no problem dropping $30 for the year to try out all the sports titles as I usually buy all of them (with the exception of UFC).
      skipwondah33 -
      I'd pay $5 to play the full game instead of the demo...with limited teams

That's worth it alone. And if it is a time limited subscription model (I haven't read much about the EA Access thing honestly), still worth it because I don't play the demo about 2-3 times because I don't care for playing CPU...and limited teams of course.
      I OU a Beatn -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      Agreed. This just makes Sony saying "no" to Access so much more difficult as I would have no problem dropping $30 for the year to try out all the sports titles as I usually buy all of them (with the exception of UFC).
      That amount of backlash that Sony is about to receive if EA is no longer offering demos due to EA Access will be enormous - probably enough to get them to quickly change their minds and allow EA Access on their platform.

I honestly have no problem with this. I'd much prefer paying $30 a year for 3 or 4 days of FULL access rather than a 15 minute demo where I can't even tinker with any settings.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
      That amount of backlash that Sony is about to receive if EA is no longer offering demos due to EA Access will be enormous - probably enough to get them to quickly change their minds and allow EA Access on their platform.

I honestly have no problem with this. I'd much prefer paying $30 a year for 3 or 4 days of FULL access rather than a 15 minute demo where I can't even tinker with any settings.
      That is usually an old build anyways.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post

Me too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A
      WolverineJay -
      Disappointed for all PS3 and 360 owners who have yet to move on to the next gen systems. EA has released zero info on the last gen version of M15 and a demo would help confirm it plays much better than M25 on those systems.

I get that they want to promote the shiny new systems, but a great deal of gamers still only play on PS3 and 360 and it sure feels like they are being neglected. A Madden 15 demo would have helped prove that the last gen games aren't just roster updates. I was looking forward to testing the improved defense and tuned pass accuracy but now I'll have to wait until after the 26th to watch PS3 video to see if the differences made it into last gen. Again I'm disappointed but not surprised since it was already written on the wall with how EA has marketed M15 this year.
      gschwendt -
      Comment from EA:
      "The difficult decision not to do a demo for Madden was strictly a result of the team's commitment to deliver the highest-quality game possible. We chose to put 100 percent of our development resources toward the full game."

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/11/599...demo-ea-access
      skipwondah33 -
      Quote Originally Posted by WolverineJay View Post
      Disappointed for all PS3 and 360 owners who have yet to move on to the next gen systems. EA has released zero info on the last gen version of M15 and a demo would help confirm it plays much better than M25 on those systems.

I get that they want to promote the shiny new systems, but a great deal of gamers still only play on PS3 and 360 and it sure feels like they are being neglected. A Madden 15 demo would have helped prove that the last gen games aren't just roster updates. I was looking forward to testing the improved defense and tuned pass accuracy but now I'll have to wait until after the 26th to watch PS3 video to see if the differences made it into last gen. Again I'm disappointed but not surprised since it was already written on the wall with how EA has marketed M15 this year.
      Actually I felt it was written on the wall last year with Madden 25 on PS3.

It had no support and only 1 patch (CFM injury patch I believe) as they were clearly focused on the next-gen release of 25. From most I have heard from the gameplay were very different between the two..and of course the next-gen versions had support.

Once I experienced that I already knew there was no way I'd be getting it for PS3...and this was before I even bought my PS4.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by WolverineJay View Post

Unfortunately that is just the world we're in. The next thing is already here and in version two of the series, in regards to Madden.
      gigemaggs99 -
      Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
      Actually I felt it was written on the wall last year with Madden 25 on PS3.

It had no support and only 1 patch (CFM injury patch I believe) as they were clearly focused on the next-gen release of 25. From most I have heard from the gameplay were very different between the two..and of course the next-gen versions had support.

Once I experienced that I already knew there was no way I'd be getting it for PS3...and this was before I even bought my PS4.

Well BOOOOOOOO, I am still on the fence about a PS4. I have my PS3 and really enjoy it. I want the new Madden, was actually thinking about getting a used copy of Madden 25 for PS3 but everywhere I go I read that NCAA 14 was a better football game. So I figured, ok I'll wait until Madden 15 comes out on PS3 and just it. I have a hard time making the choice between:

$60 for Madden 15 on PS3 vs $400 for a PS4 + $60 for Madden 15 on PS4, the $400 is a big knock when trying to explain it to the boss (a.k.a. wife).
      skipwondah33 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
      Well BOOOOOOOO, I am still on the fence about a PS4. I have my PS3 and really enjoy it. I want the new Madden, was actually thinking about getting a used copy of Madden 25 for PS3 but everywhere I go I read that NCAA 14 was a better football game.
      They both are nearly the same in terms of Defense...there isn't hardly any lol

That and the AI gets stupid in terms of defending the Read Option...which I believe broke the game.

Case in point, I've seen a DE on the Toss side of a toss play choose to Contain the QB like he's playing option even though the ball had already been tossed (and of course it was no option play.

And I've also ran for 130 yards with Tom Brady on 30 carries strictly running nothing but Read Option and keeping the ball every single play with him. Friend and I were testing it out and he knew I was using read option and keeping ball with Brady every play. On All-Madden and wasn't like he didn't know what he was doing haha.

Just think NCAA has more variation of it and it's easier to run with it..