• NBA 2K15 Begins News & Info Push

With less than two months until release, information had been low key for both basketball titles until this past week. NBA 2K15 began their info push with the first look at the game with a quick video of cover athlete Kevin Durant in action and info on some game features.

In their weekly livestream, NBA 2K revealed that the popular Crew mode would be returning to last-gen consoles (PS3 & 360) and teased that some elements (and perhaps then-some) would be in the current-gen systems (PS4 & XB1) - to be revealed at a later date.

First reported by Good Game Bro, it was confirmed today that former EA SPORTS GameChanger and NBA Live developer Scott O'Gallagher is now a member of the NBA 2K dev team. Confirmation came via updates to O'Gallagher's social media profiles and also in a quick Instagram video showcasing NBA 2K devs as they work in crunch time. The clip featuring O'Gallagher has him alongside former NBA Live developer Mike Wang, perhaps in a jab (unintentional or otherwise) towards EA SPORTS.

Continue on to see the Durant trailer and also to learn about MyLEAGUE (current-gen only), an offline-only, option filled mode, similar to Association Mode.

In an interview with Operation Sports, NBA 2K15's Rob Jones, Sr. Producer Visual Concepts and Erick Boenisch, Sr. Producer, Visual Concepts talked about MyLEAGUE, an offline franchise mode available exclusively on PS4 & XB1. Similar to Association Mode, MyLEAGUE features a bevy of new options and features.

Some excerpts:

MyLEAGUE offers both a single season or up to an 80 year franchise experience. You will have complete control over every aspect of how your league plays out.

Here are some of those options:

• Custom Roster
    • Season Length
    • Conference Quarterfinals, semifinals, finals and NBA Finals
    • Fantasy Draft Option
    • Salary Cap
    • Hard Cap
    • Trade logic settings
    • General settings including team chemistry, lineup management and prospect scouting
    • Difficulty settings
    • Trade Negotiations Difficulty
    • Contract negotiation difficulty
    • CPU re-Resigning Aggressiveness
    • Morale difficulty and effects
    • Chemistry difficulty and effects
    • Trade frequency settings
    • Blockbuster trade frequency
    • Injury effects
    • Draft class quality
    • Player progression rate
    • In-season training effects
    • Player non-financial ambitions factor
    • Normalize played to sim minutes
    • Can manage/play with all teams

The first question is the question everyone is wondering, will virtual currency play any role in MyLEAGUE?

VC doesn’t play any part in this mode, except that you can earn VC as games are played. MyLEAGUE was created specifically for members in our community that wanted a way to spend their time playing the game at its core.
    NOTE: 2K Sports will NOT have online MyLEAGUES but they will have ONLINE leagues returning this year.

Here is a question our old Association mode guys want to know: Can you control multiple/all teams?

Yes, you can control from 1-30 teams in MyLEAGUE. Additionally, you can also import Classic and Euroleague teams into the mode.

How will “injury effects” be handled in the mode? Can we change the type of injury someone gets or adjust the amount of time a player is inured?

This question allows me to introduce one of many new features that we’ve created for NBA 2K15. Injuries have been completely re-written for NBA 2K15; internally we like to call the new system ‘Injuries 2.0’. Historically, players in our game had a single Durability rating that would define how likely they were to get injured. When a player then got injured, a body part would randomly get chosen. Not great.

With ‘Injuries 2.0’, every player has a unique durability rating for 16 different body parts (think left foot, right foot, left ankle, right ankle, etc.). This level of control allows us to pick a player like Russell Westbrook and say that he has a right knee with a significantly higher chance of getting injured than his left knee, or any other body part for that issue. In short, player injuries are going to be a lot more relevant, and a lot less random.

Body parts are going to wear down over the course of a career, as more miles are put on the body. Significant injuries to a body part will often shorten the lifespan of that body part before it becomes a real problem later in a player’s career. These injuries, depending on the severity, can forever change a player. Some players will never get back to their former selves after they blow out a knee, for example. NBA 2K15 also introduces the concept of career ending injuries to our game. In truth, they don’t happen very often (as they shouldn’t!), but they do happen. Players with continued injury problems to a body part will feel those aches and pains and retire at an earlier age than a player who has managed to stay relatively healthy throughout their career.

What adjustments can we make to the draft class? Can we edit names/attributes/abilities?

Yes, you have full editing over the draft class. In addition, we have added back in a robust create a player system. Details on this will come closer to launch.

Can we use custom rosters? If so, can we save the custom rosters to the hard drive this year?

You can use a Custom roster and yes, you can save it locally, making editing and generating rosters and draft classes easier than ever.

Can we save our League to the hard drive and not the cloud?

Yes, it is saved locally.

Click here for the full interview.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: NBA 2K15 to feature MyLEAGUE (offline Association Mode) on PS4 & XB1 started by cdj View original post
    Comments 4 Comments
      SmoothPancakes -
      bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      I will still feel a little dirty buying 2K15 after all the crap I dealt with.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      I will still feel a little dirty buying 2K15 after all the crap I dealt with.
      Oh no doubt. I certainly would myself. But it is hard to deny the improvements 2K is making to NBA 2K. This one mode completely blows NBA Live out of the water. It's a tinkerer's dream! If I could have this much control over every franchise in FIFA, Madden, MLB and NHL, I'd be in heaven!

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass
      CLW -