• NHL 15 - Gameplay Series: Superstar Skill Stick

EA SPORTS NHL 15 will feature the new Superstar Skill Stick, a series of tight, fluid controls attached to the right analog stick.

It is designed that in conjunction with True Performance Skating, the Superstar Skill Stick will allow users to string together a series of moves in order to get off a great shot on goal. However, a poor cut or deke may lead to your player being leveled by the opposition.

Continue on to see the NHL 15 trailer for the Superstar Skill Stick.

This article was originally published in forum thread: NHL 15 - Gameplay Series: Superstar Skill Stick started by jaymo76 View original post
    Comments 5 Comments
      steelerfan -
      Thanks for posting, jaymo. I have been on the road all day and just got around to watching this.

My hope is that these "skillzzzz" are user friendly but that there is counter-balance in the ability to defend them. On previous iterations, someone with skillzzz could deke and dangle all over the ice and it was too difficult to defend. In the first GMC I was in last season, you had jackasses scoring 10 goals per game quite routinely (not to mention they game the AI with shots that the game gives an increased probabilty of scoring to). Needless to say, I dropped out before midseason and the whole GMC imploded, I believe, before one season was complete.

I started another GMC after that with snoop, JB and Eric. Our basic rule was "respect the game". That is, play true to hockey and don't abuse the EA product. We are in the stretch run of our 4th season and have had a lot of fun with it. All while playing a reasonably sim brand of hockey. I know we'll be firing up a GMC again with NHL 15 and I'm hopeful that all 4 of us will be back in (get a PS4, Eric) and I have a friend that wants in too. I believe Smooth is going to join us and I'd like to see jaymo (at least) in, too. Should be a great year for hockey!
      psusnoop -
      It's going to be a great year in NHL!!! I can't wait to resume my dominance hahahaha just kidding.

I'm with sf here, there has to be a counter balance with this. Otherwise I'm not a fan completely. While adding these scoring mechanisms we need solid defense too. Even the simplistic part of stopping a puck behind the net can sometimes infuriate me and even more so when my goalie whiffs. I'd like to see that stuff addressed and then doll the game up so to speak.
      SmoothPancakes -
      I'm definitely in! NHL and FIFA are my two guaranteed preorders next month on PS4, so I'm game for anything we get together on here for either game.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      I'm definitely in! NHL and FIFA are my two guaranteed preorders next month on PS4, so I'm game for anything we get together on here for either game.

Sounds good.

The GM Connected will definitely happen. You, snoop, JB, another friend of mine and myself are 100% in. Jaymo may be in as well. It's not going to be 100% open to anyone, more of a private league. I want us to be able to have a fun, competitive league and keep the dickbags out. Most people at TGT would be welcome, though I doubt any others would be interested.

Same goes for FIFA. I don't plan to do anything this year (unless we get a surprise Connected Manager Mode) but anything I do will be private and will exclude all assholes.

As for GMC, it will depend on how detailed sliders are in the mode as to when we will start. We will likely draft teams that missed the playoffs last year and even all of those probably won't be eligible (ex: non-playoff team with top notch goalie). The main thing is to play sim, within reason.

Until we have our hands on the game, I can't say much more because we don't know what our options will be.

I can say that we move fast. Last year, each advance was 2 calender weeks so you typically had 4-7 games per advance. We usually advanced twice a week (meaning we played a month of games in a real week) sometimes 3 times (if we didn't have alot of games).

The main thing is to keep the league moving, even if sometimes your games get simmed, so we can get several seasons in. With 82 regular season games, it's not a big deal if 10 or 15 of your games get simmed because you didn't get them played in time.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Sounds good to me! That's the good thing with the long seasons in MLB, NHL and NBA, it doesn't hurt you if some games end up summed, unlike in Madden or NCAA.