• NHL 15: True Hockey Physics

Narrated by producer Sean Ramjagsingh, the latest EA SPORTS NHL 15 trailer focuses on significant improvements coming to the in-game physics system, a popular request among sports games of all genres.

Thanks to the improved computing and processing power of the PlayStation 4 and X-Box One, physics can now be applied to every player on the ice. The 12 Player NHL Collision Physics now allows for multi-player collisions. Real puck physics will now find the puck able to hop over sticks, squeeze through openings (including under the arm of the goalie, ricocheting off/through jersey), and deflect in numerous, unpredictable ways.

With the improved collision and puck physics, the EA SPORTS NHL team hopes to replicate the unpredictability and physicality of the sport. Continue on to see the trailer and share your thoughts with the community.

In addition to the improved physics system, player models now have three levels of detail: the body, the equipment, and the jersey to help improve the visuals and realism of the game. For more on the improved 'next-generation hockey player,' visit this thread.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: NHL 15 - True Hockey Physics started by JBHuskers View original post
    Comments 4 Comments
      steelerfan -
      This is looking good. I have a lot of faith in the NHL series. What is shown in the video definitely looks solid. The puck physics alone should garner a level of unpredictability that has never been possible in a hockey title. Come on, September!!
      jaymo76 -
      Damn! Call me a believer. I am impressed. Plus, love the Sedin goal on Luongo...
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      This is looking good. I have a lot of faith in the NHL series. What is shown in the video definitely looks solid. The puck physics alone should garner a level of unpredictability that has never been possible in a hockey title. Come on, September!!
      psusnoop -
      NHL series has been extremely fun to watch grow. These guys continue to impress me, just don't overlook the simple things