• Pre-Ordering WWE 2K15 Gives You "The Icon," STING!

An announcement was made on Monday Night Raw last night where those who pre-order WWE 2K15 will get a special treat. Those who put down that order before the release date of October 28th will get access to two generations of The Icon, Sting. You will get the Sting who donned neon tights, colorful facepaint, and a blond flattop from 1987-1995, and you will get the Sting who resembled The Crow from 1996 to today as playable characters.

The Stinger was a personal favorite of mine in his NWA/WCW days when I would be tuning in from my grandma's house at 5:05 on Saturday nights. The facepaint and colorful neon tights made him an instant fan favorite with the kids. His in-ring abillity made him an instant fan favorite with the adults. Two feuds stand out to me with both incarnations of Sting; which involved two of the best stables ever in professional wrestling. The early 90's against The Four Horsemen, and the mid 90's against the nWo. The addition of Sting to the first entry in the current generation of systems is a great addition, and I cannot wait for more to come. Hit the jump below to see the video trailer and official statement from the WWE.

Courtesy of WWE:

NEW YORK – 2K today announced the long-awaited debut of Sting in "WWE 2K15," the forthcoming release in the flagship WWE video game franchise. Sting will be available for those who pre-order the game at any participating retailer for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, as well as the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 computer entertainment systems. "WWE 2K15" is currently scheduled for release on Oct. 28, 2014, in North America and Oct. 31, 2014, internationally.

One of the most popular and revered competitors in WCW history, Sting will be featured in "WWE 2K15" through two unique playable characters: the mysterious, ghost-like persona with trademark black-and-white face paint who was the face of WCW during the “Monday Night War” era, as well as his earlier look, sporting bright colors and a blond, flattop hairstyle.

“The only thing for sure about Sting is nothing’s for sure, except my debut in 'WWE 2K15,'” said Sting. “I’m honored to have my legacy immortalized in a video game. It’s showtime!”

Making his WCW debut in 1991, Sting generated worldwide recognition for his unique presence and in-ring prowess. Across more than a decade, he amassed eight WCW championships and competed against many notable rivals, including “Hollywood” Hulk Hogan, the New World Order (nWo), Vader, Rick Rude, The Four Horsemen and Ric Flair.

“We’re eager to introduce fans to Sting in a compelling new way, while debuting the next generation of gaming in the 'WWE 2K' franchise,” said Chris Snyder, Vice President of Marketing at 2K. “Pre-ordering 'WWE 2K15' is the ultimate way to embrace the history and individuality of Sting’s impressive career.”

Developed collaboratively by Yukes and Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, "WWE 2K15" is not yet rated by the ESRB. "WWE 2K15" is currently scheduled for release on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4 and PS3 on Oct. 28, 2014, in North America and Oct. 31, 2014, internationally.

For more information on "WWE 2K15" and 2K, visit www.2k.com, become a fan on Facebook, follow the game on Twitter using the hashtags #WWE2K15 and #FEELIT or subscribe on YouTube.
    Comments 2 Comments
      JeffHCross -
      Well. Did not expect that. May have to consider the game after all.
      CLW -
      No Online Fed NO PEACE!