• Richard Sherman Voted Madden NFL 15 Cover Athlete

Announced Friday night on ESPN, Seattle Seahawks defensive back Richard Sherman has been voted by fans to grace the cover of Madden NFL 15 defeating Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton.

The company wanted a "next generation athlete" to be the M15 cover athlete. The selection of Sherman also coincides with the company's early Madden marketing efforts that have mentioned significant defensive gameplay improvements coming to the game.

The selection of Sherman is double-sided. His NFC Championship Game post-game rant has helped him become one of the league's most talked about players as he has received extensive national coverage since the event (including joining Michelle Obama's "Let's Move" campaign), providing a huge platform to now discuss and promote Madden NFL 15. However, he is unafraid to be outspoken - potentially a good and bad thing - and has gone on the record to criticize the NFL in a hypothetical situation, claiming they would not issue a lifetime ban to a (perceived) racist owner as the NBA has with Donald Sterling.

Continue on to see the M15 E3 2014 Gameplay Trailer and to learn more about M15 features & the Madden NFL 15 Ultimate Edition.

- The Madden NFL 15 product page has added additional information on game features along with game images. Some basic information on the Madden NFL 15 feature set:

Deliver on Defense: Set the tone on defense with more control thanks to an all-new arsenal of pass rush moves, contain the open field with intuitive tackling mechanics, and play as a team with redesigned zone and man coverage logic all while being immersed in the play from the other side of the line, with defensive player lock cameras. Madden NFL 15 delivers on defense.

NFL Films Inspired Presentation: Relive the greatest moments in games played with dynamic pre-game and halftime shows , and get your all-access field pass with NFL Films inspired in-game camera angles dropping you right in the heart of an NFL game. Gain a new perspective of the game with six new gameplay cameras to toggle through pre-snap on every play. Madden NFL 15 NFL inspired presentation.

Know Your Opponent: Call your plays with confidence using data from millions of online games played by Madden gamers and test your new found skills through intense challenges and conditions in The Gauntlet. Madden NFL 15 gives you the advantage to know your opponent.

- Also announced via the M15 product page is the Madden NFL 15 Ultimate Edition.

Transform into your rival’s worst nightmare with the Madden NFL 15 Ultimate Edition. For only $69.99, you will receive the standard edition of Madden NFL 15 PLUS 30 Madden Ultimate Team (MUT) Pro Packs and a Draft Class Pack featuring 10 of the first round draft picks from the 2014 NFL Draft.

- More news and media are expected to be released on Monday.
    Comments 19 Comments
      GatorfanStovy -
      boo But it was coming. No one else had a chance. Time look for custom covers.

Whats up with UT edition . I'm so gonna be on that.
      bdoughty -
      cdj -
      Photo shoot taking place this evening:

SmoothPancakes -

As for Madden 15 Ultimate Edition, if it has over $40 worth of MUT content, look for it to cost at least $100 retail. In other words, EA taking advantage of the MUT craze to rape even more people at the cash register.
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post

As for Madden 15 Ultimate Edition, if it has over $40 worth of MUT content, look for it to cost at least $100 retail. In other words, EA taking advantage of the MUT craze to rape even more people at the cash register.
      It will cost $70, it was buried in the description. However, the "perks" are not a tangible item so determining the actual value is very subjective. If people pay the extra $10 and don't get a very good team (in their opinion), some might consider it a waste of money. As we've discussed for other EA games, sometimes the pre-order UT cards are great, other times very lackluster.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      It will cost $70, it was buried in the description. However, the "perks" are not a tangible item so determining the actual value is very subjective. If people pay the extra $10 and don't get a very good team (in their opinion), some might consider it a waste of money. As we've discussed for other EA games, sometimes the pre-order UT cards are great, other times very lackluster.
      Wow. I'm honestly surprised it's that low. I figured it'd be an absolute minimum of $80-$90.

As for me personally, eh, I've never cared about these Ultimate Team things and still don't care, so I'm good. I'm not sure I'm going to even bother getting Madden at all this year, so I may not have to worry about neither $60 nor $70.
      I OU a Beatn -
      I'll definitely get the $70 version. I have no idea why, but Ultimate Team really got it's hooks in me with Madden 25.
      JBHuskers -
      It's pro packs. Maybe just one gold per pack.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
      GatorfanStovy -
      x2 on getting the UT combo! Any head start on some good players will help early on getting the season games out of the game.

Once I rented M25 I was hooked again for next gen. So I will for sure get this deal. An extra 10 bucks not that bad of a deal and if you pre order u get another pack or 2. Really good deal you even get 90 overall players or higher.
      GatorfanStovy -
      Will the UT edition be available for pre order?
      bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
      Will the UT edition be available for pre order?
      cdj -
      I'm guessing it will go on Amazon (and other sites) this upcoming week.
      CLW -
      GatorfanStovy -
      I meant when my bad guys.. Because if you think the 15 $ for pre order then the UT edition for 70. That is a major boost to your team right off that bat for a cheap price. Towards the end here I got so addicted to UT. It's really fun. So why not get a head start early on for a just 10$.
      skipwondah33 -
      People love that ultimate team stuff.

I tried to give all my points away a few versions ago for it because I've never actually did anything with it.

If your into it that does sound like a good deal. EA knows what it's doing and people will definitely get it.

Oh and yeah knew Sherman would win it.
      SmoothPancakes -
      With all of the massive focus on defense in this first news of Madden 15, I am now more convinced than ever that this whole cover vote was rigged in Sherman's favor. Be it either just plain shitty voting choices outside of Sherman or even some vote manipulation, there is no doubt he was already chosen by EA before the vote even occurred.
      Canes Fan -
      I mean the stars were aligned for him to be voted in. Super Bowl champ, Publicity, plays defense and despite his antics he's a good player.
      psuexv -
      Apparently Sherman is portioning EA to put the whole LOB on the cover, saying he wouldn't be the player he is without them. PR stunt for him, maybe but he's saying the right things.
      GatorfanStovy -
      Lame. But what ever. Make the curse follow Seattle