• LEGO Batman 3 Heads 'Beyond Gotham'

The prolific family-friendly LEGO video game series continues on with the announcement of LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham coming to all major consoles in fall 2014.

The game will follow the events of LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes and the plot will center around DC characters heading to outer space in a battle versus the villainous Brainiac. While the outer-space locale may be different for what many casual Batman (and superhero) fans expect, it may provide the franchise with an opportunity to put a fresh take on the traditional LEGO game formula with new gameplay and puzzle mechanics.

While DC Superheroes offered 60 total characters (including DLC), Beyond Gotham will feature more than 150 characters from across the DC universe. Among those missing from DC Superheroes - but expected to be in Beyond Gotham given such a large roster - is the Green Arrow. Time has called his TV counterpart in the CW's Arrow franchise the "best, most fully-realized superhero franchise." The meteoric rise in Green Arrow's popularity began in October 2012 following the launch of the TV series; DC Superheroes launched in June 2012.

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham will be one of two Batman games released this year, along with Rocksteady Games' Batman: Arkham Knight. LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham is currently available to pre-order on Amazon.
    Comments 23 Comments
      jaymo76 -
      My oldest son almost fell out of his chair when I told him about this game. He loves batman and lego.
      JBHuskers -
      Being a huge Batman fan, I love the LEGO games.
      bdoughty -
      All I can say is they must have a factory in China programming all these LEGO games because they are churning them out at a record pace. Already four games on the current gen. Slow down, take a breath.
      Rudy -
      They usually release 2 a year but man are they popping out games a lot lately. With such a huge cast of characters I'm sure this will be a hit.

I wasn't a huge fan of the last two since there was no movie tie ins and Batman and Robin were too dependent on suit changing for powers. I'd rather see better utility belt options.
      cdj -
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      Awesome!
      Rudy -
      While some actors shy away from being typecast Adam West relished his role as Batman. He may believe he IS Batman!
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      While some actors shy away from being typecast Adam West relished his role as Batman. He may believe he IS Batman!
      As far as I am concerned, he is the one TRUE Batman.
      cdj -
      Here is the game cover:

Game launching 11/14 in the UK, no NA date given. However, the early guess is that it will release November 11 in the US.
      jaymo76 -
      Just in time for Xmas shopping. Nice!
      cdj -
      Season Pass available on 11/11 for $14.99 for the three DLC packs.

There will be The Dark Knight DLC:

Already confirmed, there will also be Man of Steel DLC:

Also, there will be a Batman 75th Anniversary DLC pack:

Rudy -
      Lego is going really hard after DLC now. Makes sense since their games drop in value and flood the used game markets.
      jaymo76 -
      Lego is going really hard after DLC now. Makes sense since their games drop in value and flood the used game markets.
      True. However, I will have to get all the DLC or risk my oldest son never talking to me again. lol
      cdj -
      They are really doing a good job of incorporating past and present actors for characters in this one.

Now confirmed: Stephen Amell (TV's Arrow) will be in the game.

cdj -
      Today at NYCC’s LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham panel, DLC was announced that will bring the world of Arrow into the game.

The so-called “Arrow Pack” won’t only include Oliver Queen; it’ll also include Diggle, Felicity Smoak, Helena Bertinelli (Huntress), Slade Wilson, Roy Harper, Sarah Lance (Black Canary), and Malcom Merlyn. Additionally, it’ll include a whole level exclusive to the DLC pack, as well as some brand-new vehicles.
      Rudy -
      lego Marvel is on sale for $20. I may pick that up again for the kids but they never got into the first one and are working their way through Hobbit. I'm going to wait for a sale if we get this.
      JeffHCross -
      lego Marvel is on sale for $20. I may pick that up again for the kids but they never got into the first one and are working their way through Hobbit. I'm going to wait for a sale if we get this.
      Don't know why, but yesterday Lego Marvel went down to $15 on Amazon. Not sure if it's permanent or temporary.

http://www.amazon.com/Lego-Marvel-Su...g=thegamtai-20
      Rudy -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      Don't know why, but yesterday Lego Marvel went down to $15 on Amazon. Not sure if it's permanent or temporary.

http://www.amazon.com/Lego-Marvel-Su...g=thegamtai-20
      That's on ps3. It was $20 on ps4 but not anymore.
      JeffHCross -
      That's on ps3. It was $20 on ps4 but not anymore.
      Well, it had gone down to $20 on PS3 a few days ago too, then strangely dropped again. The price has been all over for it according to CamelCamelCamel.
      cdj -
      Arrow pack:

Not 100%, but I believe it will be available today in the US, tomorrow in UK.