• Madden NFL 15 First Info, Release Date, Trailer, & More

"Madden Season" is upon us with the first game info and details being released by EA SPORTS and retailers. The initial Madden NFL 15 teaser trailer features Carolina Panthers LB Luke Kuechly and his transformation into his digital Madden self. With the tagline "See the transformation this June," speculation has been that the first major game reveals will come then with one of the major initial points being the improved face scanning technology. That same tech will be employed by both Madden NFL 15 (release date of August 26) and NBA Live 15 (available later this fall).

Continue on to see the teaser trailer as well as additional game information, news on the M15 cover vote, and the first pre-order bonus.

- Online retailers offering the game have provided the first (vague) game synopsis. As is the norm from previous years, GameStop was the first to post game info:

Welcome to Madden Season! Madden NFL 15 delivers everything you need to own your rivals on both sides of the field, including the most immersive defensive gameplay in franchise history. With all-new player-lock camera angles, pass rush tools, open-field tackling mechanics, and smarter AI, you've never been more armed to take control of the defense and challenge the best offenses in the game. Madden NFL 15 introduces a revolutionary crowd-sourced play-calling system with three distinct ways to run offense and defense: coach suggestions, Madden community picks, and concept plays providing a strategic edge to take on all rivals. Dynamic pre-game and halftime shows, in-depth player profiles, as well as enhanced on-field graphics deliver next-generation broadcast presentation.

With there appearing to be a major focus on defensive gameplay, it only makes sense for the first teaser video to feature Kuechly, 2013 Defensive Player of the Year.

- EA SPORTS will be holding another vote to determine who will grace the cover of Madden NFL 15. In conjunction with ESPN, first information - and likely voting - will be announced/begin during the NFL Draft on May 8.

This year EA is once again collaborating with ESPN to give fans the opportunity to select which player will grace the cover of Madden NFL 15. In light of last year’s record-breaking vote, fans can look forward to a highly-competitive contest featuring some big-name matchups and intense rivalries. Fans can tune in to the NFL Draft on ESPN and NFL Network on May 8 at 8pm ET for a special Cover Vote announcement.

With the defensive focus, will the candidates only be defensive players? Probably not, but wouldn't that be a nice change of pace.

- Here are some tweets showing off the new face scanning tech in action:

- Madden NFL 15 is now available to pre-order at Amazon (PS4|XB1|PS3|360) with pre-orders receiving $15 value of Madden Ultimate Team Content. The same offer is also available at GameStop.
    Comments 234 Comments
      skipwondah33 -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      Yup... IMO the worst NCAA game ever!!! Non-stop picks from psychic DB's and "leaping LB's." Since Madden 25 still has far, far too many int's this heightened D is worrisome. I hope they addressed the int issue to balance this out.
      I never thought it was the super leaping ability that was the issue but rather the trajectory the ball takes.

Trajectory is still an issue where you cannot place the ball substantially over a defenders head or that is needed on a certain type of pass. For example wanting to throw to the pylon..where literally no one but your WR has a shot at the ball. Even to this day the ball will likely be 2-3 yards short and take a nose dive type effect where the CB can intercept it. And this happens whether a defender is there or not.

But back to the Leaping issue since back then. I had videos of then and versions after, where the actual LB's never got more than 2 feet off the ground. Standing flat foot the ball always appeared no more than literally extending their arm in the air. The jumping just made it look more dramatic but in actuality based on the low trajectory of the ball inches away from their helmets, the passes could have been picked off standing still. Mind you the passes were intended for guys 15-20 yards behind the actual defender.

And this issue still remains today.
      Rudy -
      I totally agree - trajectory is an issue that causes some routes to be a worse. Vertical spacing suffers at times. The fade route is one of them.
      cdj -
      You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...e-Trailer-More
      jaymo76 -
      Sad to see they are milking the cover vote again. I figured that they were moving on from this approach. As to the release date... I think this is another bad move. No NCAA means they should move this game up to beginning of August. As it stands now, Madden, NHL and FIFA all come out within a few weeks of each other. This was a great opportunity to space things out.
      jaymo76 -
      As per pastapadre:

♦New player lock camera angles.
      ♦New pass rush tools.
      ♦New open-field tackling mechanics.
      ♦Smarter AI.
      ♦Enhanced on-field graphics.
      ♦In-depth player profiles.
      ♦New crowd-sourced play calling system (coach suggestions, community picks, concept plays).
      ♦Dynamic pre-game and halftime shows.
      bdoughty -
      Sad to see they are milking the cover vote again. I figured that they were moving on from this approach. As to the release date... I think this is another bad move. No NCAA means they should move this game up to beginning of August. As it stands now, Madden, NHL and FIFA all come out within a few weeks of each other. This was a great opportunity to space things out.
      Have to disagree. They had to push to get Madden out for the next gen systems in mid to late November. Throw in having to support the game after the release, tying up a chunk of your staff into the New Year. So they are working on a very short cycle as it is.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      Have to disagree. They had to push to get Madden out for the next gen systems in mid to late November. Throw in having to support the game after the release, tying up a chunk of your staff into the New Year. So they are working on a very short cycle as it is.
      Well, they better go back to early August then next year, because when I am making a choice between Madden, NHL and FIFA, I'll take NHL and FIFA every single time. NHL and FIFA I always know the level of product to expect and what will be released. Madden, who the hell knows what we may get from year to year.

Sent from my DROID Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass.
      steelerfan -
      In the most likely scenario, the only football game I will be buying this Fall is FIFA 15. Although PES 15 is a slight possibility. I'll buy FIFA and NHL 15 without a doubt. Madden? Not likely, unless I see big changes.
      JBHuskers -
      As per pastapadre:

♦New player lock camera angles.
      ♦New pass rush tools.
      ♦New open-field tackling mechanics.
      ♦Smarter AI.
      ♦Enhanced on-field graphics.
      ♦In-depth player profiles.
      ♦New crowd-sourced play calling system (coach suggestions, community picks, concept plays).
      ♦Dynamic pre-game and halftime shows.
      I think he got those from the leaked Gamestop details.
      GatorfanStovy -
      I"ll still get Madden since I do enjoy soccer. NHL would be awesome.I dunno understand how they do so well with NHL but not Madden. I mean they are some company but hopefulyl we see big chances come August! I know that I was impressed with a rental here this. The graphics and different running style made a huge jump from 360 IMO.If August wasn't so close I'd madden 25 for x1 but I'll just wait know. A rental do me just good to see the changes and enjoy for a week.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      To say they pushed it out is a stretch IMO. Tiburon is on the record multiple times as stating this game was in full development for two years. Patches were minimal at best and many of the features were not fixed (eg. the pink captain patches for ALL rookies, etc.). Plus with madden gobbling up the NCAA team and splitting them between two versions of Madden 15 time should not at all be a factor or issue.

Five years ago I would be willing to buy madden, NHL and FIFA. Now with one game at the end of August and two in mid September I just am not willing or able to drop $180 + tax within less than one month's time for three video games. The cost and time commitment do not make it possible. August was a great time to get into football as the summer is in full swing. The last week of August through to the end of September is a very busy time for me with work, family, etc.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      I think he got those from the leaked Gamestop details.
      Yes, you're correct on that. I should have mentioned that as well.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
      I"ll still get Madden since I do enjoy soccer. NHL would be awesome.I dunno understand how they do so well with NHL but not Madden. I mean they are some company but hopefulyl we see big chances come August! I know that I was impressed with a rental here this. The graphics and different running style made a huge jump from 360 IMO.If August wasn't so close I'd madden 25 for x1 but I'll just wait know. A rental do me just good to see the changes and enjoy for a week.
      Serious question... when you go back and read that, does it make complete sense to you?
      bdoughty -
      To say they pushed it out is a stretch IMO. Tiburon is on the record multiple times as stating this game was in full development for two years. Patches were minimal at best and many of the features were not fixed (eg. the pink captain patches for ALL rookies, etc.). Plus with madden gobbling up the NCAA team and splitting them between two versions of Madden 15 time should not at all be a factor or issue.

Five years ago I would be willing to buy madden, NHL and FIFA. Now with one game at the end of August and two in mid September I just am not willing or able to drop $180 + tax within less than one month's time for three video games. The cost and time commitment do not make it possible. August was a great time to get into football as the summer is in full swing. The last week of August through to the end of September is a very busy time for me with work, family, etc.
      We both played Madden 25 on next gen and it could have used a few more months years of development. Though that could be said about every Madden since Madden 05/06 on the PS2/Xbox.

The first college games start the last week of August and the first NFL games start in September. That is when football is in full swing, at least for me (I skip preseason games in Madden and in real life). I know the CFL starts in the Summer and pigskin fever cranks up months earlier in the Great White North. No cure other than to move to the US, where nobody cares about the CFL, most people despise soccer and hockey is only considered fun if you go to a game.
      bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Serious question... when you go back and read that, does it make complete sense to you?
      steelerfan -
      Rudy -
      I don't enjoy soccer. Maybe that means I won't enjoy Madden?

I do think with NCAA gone Madden should be bumped back up a couple weeks. I know they may like the hype of football season starting and updated rosters are easier to manage later on but it also means if there are any major flaws we have to wait 4-6 weeks for the first meaningful patch which is now at the end of September or early October. That sucks. If the game released in the first half of August it would help in this area.

I do think the dev cycle is limited for next gen this year. They did release next gen late so I'm not expecting huge changes for Madden this time. I'll be curious to see how much effort they split between the PS3 and PS4 versions.
      JBHuskers -
      cdj -
      Cover vote now underway at:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/feature/maddenvote
      bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      Cover vote now underway at:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/feature/maddenvote

#nolinemennovote