• NBA Live 14 - Ultimate Team Playoff Content Update

The NBA Playoffs are in full swing and alongside will be playoff content for NBA Live 14, most notably in Ultimate Team.

In a blog posted Saturday before the start of the post-season, EA SPORTS announced new content including: playoff rosters, a new Ultimate Team Playoff Pack, and Playoff-themed Fantasy Challenges. The Playoff Pack contains eight cards featuring players and items from the 16 playoff squads. Users are guaranteed four player cards with at least two being gold. The Playoff Pack costs 5,000 coins or 150 NBA points.

Also available is a free Playoff Gift Pack containing one new Playoff Player card. Continue on to see video of our free Playoff Gift Pack opening along with several Playoff Packs and a look at the Round One Playoff-themed Fantasy Challenges.

Comments 12 Comments
      thatBuckeye -
      Will they have any legends available or no?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
      cdj -
      I don't think so, but that's just my guess.

They will be adding top playoff performers, though:

cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by thatBuckeye View Post
      Will they have any legends available or no?

Well, looks like maybe so:

I'll log on shortly to see if completing the challenge unlocks him or if he is in packs.
      thatBuckeye -
      Im gonna try to get on a bit later today.

cdj -
      It's looking like that is a new player card in packs, no corresponding challenge.
      cdj -
      Another legend added:

cdj -
      Today's new special cards:

cdj -
      JBHuskers -
      That's odd that Steph Curry is rated higher than Aldridge.
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      That's odd that Steph Curry is rated higher than Aldridge.
      That could be misleading depending on how the OVR is determined. I'm guessing a high three-point rating is pretty important and could overcome lower ratings in multiple categories.

The new Live ratings dev has been on OS (of course) and says that they will be re-configuring how the OVR is determined next year.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      That could be misleading depending on how the OVR is determined. I'm guessing a high three-point rating is pretty important and could overcome lower ratings in multiple categories.

The new Live ratings dev has been on OS (of course) and says that they will be re-configuring how the OVR is determined next year.
      Yeah, I'm thinking you're right, Aldridge was so dominant in the first two games, he should have been a 93 OVR.
      cdj -