• Info on Watch Dogs Season Pass, ARE, & More

- The standard for Ubisoft and other major gaming titles, Watch Dogs will have its own Season Pass, allowing customers to save money by pre-paying for DLC. Thanks to an early posting at Gamestop, new characters, missions, and weapons will be available for $19.99. This represents a savings of 30% over purchasing DLC individually.

- A website that provides both an alternate reality experience and a creepy look into your Facebook account has launched at digitalshadow.com. Digital Shadow will use your Facebook friends and information to show how much can be gleaned about your life just through social media. If you use Digital Shadow, let us know your thoughts on the results.

- GameSpot has put together a look at "Watch Dogs and the Terrifying Power of Smartphones."

- A developer for Watch Dogs talks about how 'some games are dumbed down to make money.' - “I feel like games are dumbed down because we want to make money, and sometimes we underestimate what players can do. ... I hope Watch Dogs can show everyone that it’s possible to do online games without being intimidated by a lobby, that it’s possible to see another player without being scared it’s going to be a 12-year-old shouting a bunch of insults, and that it’s possible to make a game where you can test the systems and push at the edges without feeling like you’re working. I hope it can do all that, and if it could be a game that helps players have a bigger conversation about our relationship with technology, that would be awesome too.”

- If you want to look like game protagonist Aiden Pearce, musterbrand has launched the (expensive) Watch Dogs Collection.

- The Watch Dogs: Official Game Guide is now available in both hardcover and paperback.

- The latest Watch Dogs video helps gamers learn about what drives Aiden Pierce:

Comments 216 Comments
      gschwendt -
      cdj -
      - The standard for Ubisoft and other major gaming titles, Watch Dogs will have its own Season Pass, allowing customers to save money by pre-paying for DLC. Thanks to an early posting at Gamestop, new characters, missions, and weapons will be available for $19.99. This represents a savings of 30% over purchasing DLC individually.

- A website that provides both an alternate reality experience and a creepy look into your Facebook account has launched at digitalshadow.com. Digital Shadow will use your Facebook friends and information to show how much can be gleaned about your life just through social media. If you use Digital Shadow, let us know your thoughts on the results.[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]

- GameSpot has put together a look at "Watch Dogs and the Terrifying Power of Smartphones."

- A developer for Watch Dogs talks about how 'some games are dumbed down to make money.' - “I feel like games are dumbed down because we want to make money, and sometimes we underestimate what players can do. ... I hope Watch Dogs can show everyone that it’s possible to do online games without being intimidated by a lobby, that it’s possible to see another player without being scared it’s going to be a 12-year-old shouting a bunch of insults, and that it’s possible to make a game where you can test the systems and push at the edges without feeling like you’re working. I hope it can do all that, and if it could be a game that helps players have a bigger conversation about our relationship with technology, that would be awesome too.”

- If you want to look like game protagonist Aiden Pearce, musterbrand has launched the (expensive) Watch Dogs Collection.

- The Watch Dogs: Official Game Guide is now available in both hardcover and paperback.

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...-Pass-ARE-More
      gschwendt -
      8 Minutes of Watch Dogs multiplayer

gschwendt -
      Hands on impressions of Watch Dogs

Playstation

Polygon
      gschwendt -
      CLW -
      I was really hyped for this game but for some reason lately I've lost interest. It just feels like another version of GTA to me now and the story will be shallow.
      cdj -
      Here are the contents of the Watch Dogs Season Pass:

Word had gotten out that the $19.99 Season Pass for Watch Dogs (PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One) would feature another single-player campaign starring a new playable character. It's true. His name is T-Bone and this trailer tells you most everything you need to know about the "brilliant but eccentric hacker," and overviews what else is included.

Frankly, that content doesn't look terribly compelling on the whole. We'll see. I do like the sound of the Digital Trip in which Aiden goes after cyborgs. Like the mecha spider mission before it, this may be one of the most interesting parts of Watch Dogs. Otherwise, the DLC is more standard missions, weapons, outfits, etc. with a 25 percent savings compared to buying packs individually.

Pass holders will also get one-week early access to add-on content, if that matters to you.
      cdj -
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      I was really hyped for this game but for some reason lately I've lost interest. It just feels like another version of GTA to me now and the story will be shallow.
      I'm still looking forward to this game. I sort of feel the same on interest, I think maybe because with the release date being pushed back to where it is now, it's just been that much longer that we've had to wait on it to be released, had to go through the information release cycles, it's sort of have killed off the anticipation of the release. It'd be like EA moving the NCAA release back from July to October for one year, for whatever reason. I think by the time October would roll around, I just don't think there would be that typical anticipation that we all had or saw others have when you were getting into those final weeks of June and first week of July.

The NCAA release date couldn't get here fast enough, but if the release date got bumped back a couple months for whatever reason, I think that would sort of kill the anticipation. By that time, real college football and the NFL would be in full action. Madden, NHL and FIFA would have already been released, so the anticipation for NCAA by that time would have been essentially killed. It just wouldn't be the same agonizing wait like it was with an early July release.

Plus, hell, if you go back and look at the beginning of this thread, Watch Dogs was first unveiled and this thread was first created on June 4th, 2012, during the 2012 E3. This game is going to release just one week shy of the two year mark since it was first unveiled to the world at E3. That's two years of waiting for and anticipating the release of this game, of having information and various bits and pieces of this game released. Eventually the overall build up of the prolonged wait would dampen the anticipation and interest of any person.

That said, I'm confident Watch Dogs will still be a fun game and I'll fully enjoy it and get my money's worth from it, but I agree that the anticipation and the full blown interest in it has gone downhill lately due to the pushed back released and extended wait and extended information cycle. Depending on when my tax refund hits my bank account, hopefully either tomorrow or Tuesday, when I go out to Gamestop to pick up my PS4 and MLB The Show, I'm also going to put down a preorder on Watch Dogs for the PS4 (depending on what preorder bonus Gamestop has vs. that of Amazon). I originally intended to get this game for Xbox One, but with the 60 extra minutes of gameplay and other bonus content that is PS3/4 exclusive, may as well go with the PS4 version to get that extra content for the same price (and have a second game to actually play on my PS4 alongside MLB The Show).
      SmoothPancakes -
      For those who have pre-ordered Watch Dogs, or will be pre-ordering here in the next week, are you guys going with Amazon or Gamestop? I'm trying to decide which pre-order bonus would be the better one.

If I pre-order through Amazon, I'll get the Signature Shot Pack, which contains exclusive single player mission, which upon completion of, you'll unlock access to the Black Viceroys Outfit and the Biometric Assault Rifle.

If I pre-order through Gamestop, I'll get the Palace Pack, which contains an exclusive single-player mission, which upon completion of, you'll unlock access to "Investigation Bonus" (Unlock exclusive investigation opportunities inside the network) and the "ATM Hack Boost" (Boost your cash rewards when hacking bank accounts).

Not sure which one would come more in handy in the game. The outfit I couldn't care less about, but depending on what happens in the story and how the gameplay is, the Biometric Assault Rifle may very well come in handy. Otherwise, that ATM Hack Boost sounds intriguing, being able to get more cash than I otherwise would when hacking bank accounts.

Depending on when my tax refund hits my bank account and I head out to Gamestop to pick up my PS4 and MLB The Show, by, probably, either tomorrow or Tuesday I'll have to figure out which route I'm going to go for pre-ordering. If I pre-order through Gamestop, I'll probably just say hell with it and pay the whole game off right then and there while I'm picking up my PS4, that way I won't have to worry about it when May 27th comes around, just walk in, pick it up and walk out.
      I OU a Beatn -
      Best Buy for me. $48 with Gamer's Club Unlocked and a $10 reward certificate.

I'm picking up Wolfenstein next week for $48 and a $20 reward certificate, so if I get that reward certificate in time for Watch Dogs, I'll really be all set. Fingers crossed.
      gschwendt -
      I'm essentially going all-digital on my purchases for foreseeable future so I've got this one pre-ordered from PSN.
      cdj -
      I prefer front-door delivery, so I went with Amazon, though reading the descriptions I think the GameStop perks sound slightly better.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
      Best Buy for me. $48 with Gamer's Club Unlocked and a $10 reward certificate.

I'm picking up Wolfenstein next week for $48 and a $20 reward certificate, so if I get that reward certificate in time for Watch Dogs, I'll really be all set. Fingers crossed.
      Yeah, that's the only problem, no Best Buy here in town. So every time I hear about any deals they have going on in-store, I can't do a damned thing about it. Missed out of some good sales in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      I'm essentially going all-digital on my purchases for foreseeable future so I've got this one pre-ordered from PSN.
      I'm really looking into that once I get my PS4. I already am probably 70% digital on my Xbox One, having only bought 5 or so games as a physical disc, opting to buy everything else on the Xbox Marketplace.

I remember reading something about Sony looking at making it possible to pre-download and pre-install games, so then you just simply have to wait until whenever the time comes that it unlocks via a command or something on Sony's servers, allowing you to instantly start playing it that morning of the release, instead of having to wait for a store to open or wait for UPS to drop it off. That would be something I would absolutely take advantage of. I already do it every chance I get when buying PC games on Steam. If Sony and Microsoft went that route with the PS4 and Xbox One, I doubt I'd ever buy a physical copy of a game ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      I prefer front-door delivery, so I went with Amazon, though reading the descriptions I think the GameStop perks sound slightly better.
      Yeah, that's my thought on it. Just looking at the two descriptions side by side, while that Biometric Assault Rifle could come in handy, depending on how powerful and useful it is in the game, that's basically it for that bonus as I couldn't care less about the outfit. But Gamestop's bonus, with whatever the investigation opportunities will be, and then the increased money from hacking bank accounts, if it's a somewhat significant increase in the amount of money you receive, that could be a game changer right there, especially in the early parts of the game.

Right now, I'm probably leaning towards pre-ordering it at Gamestop while I'm there getting my PS4. I'm already going to be spending the money on the system, a year subscription to PS Plus and MLB: The Show, may as well just go all in and pre-order Watch Dogs and pay it off in full right then and there while I'm standing there. Either that, or I'd go the same route as G and probably just get it digitally from PSN since I'm probably going to go mostly, if not all, digital as I go into the future with the PS4.
      cdj -
      bdoughty -
      I have never really understood going all-digital, at this current time, where digital is the same price. If they eventually make digital games $10-15 cheaper, I might bite.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      I'm really looking into that once I get my PS4. I already am probably 70% digital on my Xbox One, having only bought 5 or so games as a physical disc, opting to buy everything else on the Xbox Marketplace.

I remember reading something about Sony looking at making it possible to pre-download and pre-install games, so then you just simply have to wait until whenever the time comes that it unlocks via a command or something on Sony's servers, allowing you to instantly start playing it that morning of the release, instead of having to wait for a store to open or wait for UPS to drop it off. That would be something I would absolutely take advantage of. I already do it every chance I get when buying PC games on Steam. If Sony and Microsoft went that route with the PS4 and Xbox One, I doubt I'd ever buy a physical copy of a game ever again.
      The most recent update to the PS4 allows for pre-loading a title before it releases and Watch Dogs will be the first one. Granted, they may fuck it up somehow but right now it seems like a good idea.
      Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      I have never really understood going all-digital, at this current time, where digital is the same price. If they eventually make digital games $10-15 cheaper, I might bite.
      I rarely trade in any of my games anymore so price different doesn't matter to me. The benefit of being able to swap games without having to replace the disk, plus less wear & tear are big benefits for me. Added, from time to time, I've found digital copies of games for PS3/PS4 on Amazon for cheaper prices (obviously not right at launch).
      bdoughty -
      Fair point. I did buy the digital version of Trials Fusion because I knew how much time I would spend with it. Saving me the hassle of having to get up and insert the disc each time. Damn, that really does sound lazy when you type that out.
      JBHuskers -
      I've rarely seen Amazon digital go for cheaper than retail disc.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      The most recent update to the PS4 allows for pre-loading a title before it releases and Watch Dogs will be the first one. Granted, they may fuck it up somehow but right now it seems like a good idea.

I rarely trade in any of my games anymore so price different doesn't matter to me. The benefit of being able to swap games without having to replace the disk, plus less wear & tear are big benefits for me. Added, from time to time, I've found digital copies of games for PS3/PS4 on Amazon for cheaper prices (obviously not right at launch).
      That is me exactly! I have traded in, maybe, 5-10 games total during the entire time I've had my 360. I just don't really ever trade games in. I get random itches for a game from time to time. So for me, the price and trade in value doesn't matter. And most games, I buy new on release day, when the digital and physical prices are the same, so there is often no difference there.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      Fair point. I did buy the digital version of Trials Fusion because I knew how much time I would spend with it. Saving me the hassle of having to get up and insert the disc each time. Damn, that really does sound lazy when you type that out.
      That's also why I'm on boars with digital. I like being able to instantly switch from one game to another instead of having to get up and switch discs. That, and I'm just plain running out of shelf space for my 360 games, my Xbox One games, NY DVDs, my blu-rays, and now in the next couple days my PS4 games. Storage space is at a premium right now. Going all digital just makes it simpler.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass