• The Last of Us Remastered – Coming to PS4 Summer 2014

Back in December of 2011, we were teased with a new game that from the onset promised to be special. We were shown viral videos of something abnormal growing on Earth. Then at the VGA's we saw a great first trailer to the game. Once that trailer ended, it was revealed that this was coming from Naughty Dog; which lead to a rousing ovation at the awards show (and around the world). Finally last June, we were able to get our hands on The Last Of Us, and our minds were blown.

From Metacritic, a brief summary of the game states: Twenty years after a pandemic radically transformed known civilization, infected humans run amuck and survivors kill one another for sustenance and weapons - literally whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a salty survivor, is hired to smuggle a fourteen-year-old girl, Ellie, out of a rough military quarantine, but what begins as a simple job quickly turns into a brutal journey across the country.…

News has surfaced this week that this great game will now be heading to PS4 in the summer. Continue on to read the official release from Sony and click here for the direct product link at Amazon.

Well, it’s no secret that we have been working night and day at the studio to bring The Last of Us to PS4.

We’re calling it The Last of Us Remastered.

Moving our efforts to the PS4 has allowed us to remaster an already phenomenal looking The Last of Us in 1080p with a list of upgrades including higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, upgraded textures, along with even more improvements. We love setting challenging technical hurdles for us when working on each game – and this is no different. We’ve been working hard on The Last of Us Remastered to release a next-gen evolution worthy of the 200+ Game of the Year awards, not to mention the acclaim and expectations of our fans. We will be revealing more detailed information about the upgrades for the PS4 version in the coming months.

In addition to all the technical updates, we’re also including an exclusive director’s commentary for all in-game cinematics featuring Creative Director and Writer, Neil Druckmann; Voice Actor, Troy Baker, who plays Joel; and BAFTA Award winning Voice Actress, Ashley Johnson, who plays Ellie.

We’ve released a ton of additional content since The Last of Us launched in June 2013, including our first ever single player expansion, Left Behind. We’re happy to say that the major content releases will be included with The Last of Us Remastered:

•Left Behind single player expansion
    •Abandoned Territories multiplayer map pack
    •Reclaimed Territories pack – details will be coming soon on exactly what is included
    Whether you are new to The Last of Us or have played it already on the PS3, we hope you are all looking forward to this release. We are!

You can preorder The Last of Us Remastered for PS4 right now from many of your favorite retailers and receive these preorder bonuses:

•100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
    •Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
    •Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
    •Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
    •9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
    •Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
    If you preorder on the PlayStation Store, you will receive three extra preorder bonuses to unlocks in Factions multiplayer:

•Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill in Factions Mode
    •Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions mode
    •Early Access to the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask for use in Factions mode
    Now that we’ve finally gotten the official announcement out of the way, we’ll be keeping you updated regularly about The Last of Us Remastered until it releases Summer 2014.
    Comments 74 Comments
      JBHuskers -
      Patch 1.02 is out to cut down the matchmaking time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
      CLW -
      SmoothPancakes -
      Just finally got around to actually buying and playing this today. Just got through the part in the Capitol Building. Still have no clue what all is going on in the story, and only just starting to get a clue of what the hell I'm supposed to be doing, but I'm enjoying the game so far. I'll definitely say, I prefer the daylight in this game.
      Rudy -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      Just finally got around to actually buying and playing this today. Just got through the part in the Capitol Building. Still have no clue what all is going on in the story, and only just starting to get a clue of what the hell I'm supposed to be doing, but I'm enjoying the game so far. I'll definitely say, I prefer the daylight in this game.
      No doubt! I loved this game but I did not look forward to firing it back up when I knew it was dark and full of zombies.
      CLW -
      Welp I have finished going through the online hunter/firefly 12 week deals and only have a couple trophies left of just completing interrogation or supply raid on a couple of maps before I have all of the online trophies. Then time to go back to the story.
      souljahbill -
      After I finish my current season of NCAA, I'm going to try playing this again. The story was interesting but I wasn't a fan of the loose-feeling controls. Since I forgot how to play, I'm just going to start over. I'm not sure how far my stopping point was into the game but I don't think I was even in the middle yet.

Spoiler: show
      I'm at the part where you follow some weirdo into a school because I think we're looking for a battery or something. I forgot the exact details because it's been months.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      No doubt! I loved this game but I did not look forward to firing it back up when I knew it was dark and full of zombies.
      Yep. I'm about at a point like that, starting to get late in the day and only a matter of time before it goes dark.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Welp I have finished going through the online hunter/firefly 12 week deals and only have a couple trophies left of just completing interrogation or supply raid on a couple of maps before I have all of the online trophies. Then time to go back to the story.
      Nice. I havent looked at what all the trophies are, so not sure if I'll try for the platinum.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      After I finish my current season of NCAA, I'm going to try playing this again. The story was interesting but I wasn't a fan of the loose-feeling controls. Since I forgot how to play, I'm just going to start over. I'm not sure how far my stopping point was into the game but I don't think I was even in the middle yet.

I'm at the part where you follow some weirdo into a school because I think we're looking for a battery or something. I forgot the exact details because it's been months.
      I got a little bit past that part last night. It's not deep into the story, but it's a pretty good chunk into the game. Took me a good number of hours to reach that part of the story.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass
      Rudy -
      The worst part for me was when

Joel falls into a dark wet basement full of zombies and has to start a generator to activate things. Of course that noise attracts those pieces of crap and scare the he'll out of me.
      CLW -
      Nice. I havent looked at what all the trophies are, so not sure if I'll try for the platinum.
      It's a beast of a platinum to go for. 2 (minimum play story modes) + 40+ hours online. However, I just enjoy the game (the online is even fun for me most of the time) so I figure I'll slowly make my way to it over the next year + before UC4 comes out.

There just isn't another 3rd person shooter of this quality out there.
      I OU a Beatn -
      Platinum requires a ton of online play and if they haven't fixed the matchmaking, it'll take even longer. It's also pointless to play without a party because it doesn't take skill/rank into account when matchmaking, so you're likely to get matched up against people who've invested hundreds of hours into it already.

Opinion. Uncharted 2 and the Gears of War series, for example, are just as good if not better.
      SmoothPancakes -

Joel falls into a dark wet basement full of zombies and has to start a generator to activate things. Of course that noise attracts those pieces of crap and scare the he'll out of me.
      Haven't gotten to that part yet. But I'll make sure I'm wearing my brown pants when I get to it.

I'm in Pittsburgh, just got away from the military after escaping from the Capitol Building. Just got back outside after the trek through the subway. That was were I called it a night as it was incredibly late by that point.

It's a beast of a platinum to go for. 2 (minimum play story modes) + 40+ hours online. However, I just enjoy the game (the online is even fun for me most of the time) so I figure I'll slowly make my way to it over the next year + before UC4 comes out.

Damn, that is gonna take a while. Not sure I'll intentionally set out to get the platinum, but if I gradually work my way to it, that works for me!

And if we're both on TLOU at the same time, just hit me up if you want to do some online together. I haven't done anything other than the single player story, but I'd be more than happy to jump online with some of you guys.

CLW -
      Haven't gotten to that part yet. But I'll make sure I'm wearing my brown pants when I get to it.

I'm in Pittsburgh, just got away from the military after escaping from the Capitol Building. Just got back outside after the trek through the subway. That was were I called it a night as it was incredibly late by that point.

Damn, that is gonna take a while. Not sure I'll intentionally set out to get the platinum, but if I gradually work my way to it, that works for me!

And if we're both on TLOU at the same time, just hit me up if you want to do some online together. I haven't done anything other than the single player story, but I'd be more than happy to jump online with some of you guys.

I'm ALWAYS up for some TLOU online with people I know. I really enjoy the 1 life per round aspect of it and its really fun if you get a group of guys on the mic talking/helping each other out.

Even though I'm done with the trophy requirements for Survivors mode if you want/need help I'd be more than happy to join you in a party to help you farm out some stuff and help out.
      CLW -

LOL that part is tough.
      SmoothPancakes -
      I'm ALWAYS up for some TLOU online with people I know. I really enjoy the 1 life per round aspect of it and its really fun if you get a group of guys on the mic talking/helping each other out.

Even though I'm done with the trophy requirements for Survivors mode if you want/need help I'd be more than happy to join you in a party to help you farm out some stuff and help out.
      Sounds good man! All I have is the standard mic that came with the PS4, no idea how good of quality it is. But if needed I can go track down a decent mic to use.