• The Last of Us Remastered – Coming to PS4 Summer 2014

Back in December of 2011, we were teased with a new game that from the onset promised to be special. We were shown viral videos of something abnormal growing on Earth. Then at the VGA's we saw a great first trailer to the game. Once that trailer ended, it was revealed that this was coming from Naughty Dog; which lead to a rousing ovation at the awards show (and around the world). Finally last June, we were able to get our hands on The Last Of Us, and our minds were blown.

From Metacritic, a brief summary of the game states: Twenty years after a pandemic radically transformed known civilization, infected humans run amuck and survivors kill one another for sustenance and weapons - literally whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a salty survivor, is hired to smuggle a fourteen-year-old girl, Ellie, out of a rough military quarantine, but what begins as a simple job quickly turns into a brutal journey across the country.…

News has surfaced this week that this great game will now be heading to PS4 in the summer. Continue on to read the official release from Sony and click here for the direct product link at Amazon.

Well, it’s no secret that we have been working night and day at the studio to bring The Last of Us to PS4.

We’re calling it The Last of Us Remastered.

Moving our efforts to the PS4 has allowed us to remaster an already phenomenal looking The Last of Us in 1080p with a list of upgrades including higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, upgraded textures, along with even more improvements. We love setting challenging technical hurdles for us when working on each game – and this is no different. We’ve been working hard on The Last of Us Remastered to release a next-gen evolution worthy of the 200+ Game of the Year awards, not to mention the acclaim and expectations of our fans. We will be revealing more detailed information about the upgrades for the PS4 version in the coming months.

In addition to all the technical updates, we’re also including an exclusive director’s commentary for all in-game cinematics featuring Creative Director and Writer, Neil Druckmann; Voice Actor, Troy Baker, who plays Joel; and BAFTA Award winning Voice Actress, Ashley Johnson, who plays Ellie.

We’ve released a ton of additional content since The Last of Us launched in June 2013, including our first ever single player expansion, Left Behind. We’re happy to say that the major content releases will be included with The Last of Us Remastered:

•Left Behind single player expansion
    •Abandoned Territories multiplayer map pack
    •Reclaimed Territories pack – details will be coming soon on exactly what is included
    Whether you are new to The Last of Us or have played it already on the PS3, we hope you are all looking forward to this release. We are!

You can preorder The Last of Us Remastered for PS4 right now from many of your favorite retailers and receive these preorder bonuses:

•100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
    •Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
    •Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
    •Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
    •9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
    •Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
    If you preorder on the PlayStation Store, you will receive three extra preorder bonuses to unlocks in Factions multiplayer:

•Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill in Factions Mode
    •Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions mode
    •Early Access to the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask for use in Factions mode
    Now that we’ve finally gotten the official announcement out of the way, we’ll be keeping you updated regularly about The Last of Us Remastered until it releases Summer 2014.
    Comments 74 Comments
      CLW -
      The Last of Us PS4 Steeply Discounted With PS3 Version Trade-In

Although Sony isn't offering a deal for owners of the PS3 version, GameStop will slash the price of The Last of Us Remastered on PS4 if you bring in your PS3 copy.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the.../1100-6421240/
      JBHuskers -
      I sold my PS3 version + Tomb Raider for $43, and I got another Amazon gift card for buying the PS4 Camera so now it's only costing me $29.96.

Still that's a sweet deal if you still have your PS3 copy.
      gschwendt -
      Was hoping Sony would offer a discount for a digital upgrade.
      CLW -
      CLW -
      Lots of other 10s and 9.5s coming in as well

http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...critic-reviews
      I OU a Beatn -
      It really doesn't look all that different graphically, but the 60 FPS definitely makes a world of difference...especially in the online modes. It's like a completely different game than what I played on PS3.
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
      It really doesn't look all that different graphically, but the 60 FPS definitely makes a world of difference...especially in the online modes. It's like a completely different game than what I played on PS3.
      Yeah IF i read/heard correctly they moved the shoot back to the triggers thanks to the DS4.

I'm pumped for this one tomorrow.
      CLW -
      Commies Only Bundle for our 1-2 Canadian Members:

CLW -
      I OU a Beatn -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Yeah IF i read/heard correctly they moved the shoot back to the triggers thanks to the DS4.

I'm pumped for this one tomorrow.
      By default, it's on the triggers. You can move it back to the L1/R1 if you want, though.

I wish you could turn the stupid light on the controller completely off. I haven't tried any SP yet, but it's green the ENTIRE time while in the menu and playing Factions. It's super annoying.
      CLW -
      CLW -
      By default, it's on the triggers. You can move it back to the L1/R1 if you want, though.

I wish you could turn the stupid light on the controller completely off. I haven't tried any SP yet, but it's green the ENTIRE time while in the menu and playing Factions. It's super annoying.
      I haven't ran into any issues with the light bothering me (although I keep my controller pretty low - near my lap) and the light prob just hits only my desk so there is no glow on my monitor. Didn't they give the ability to turn the "volume"/strength of the light down/off in the PS4 settings?
      I OU a Beatn -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      I haven't ran into any issues with the light bothering me (although I keep my controller pretty low - near my lap) and the light prob just hits only my desk so there is no glow on my monitor. Didn't they give the ability to turn the "volume"/strength of the light down/off in the PS4 settings?
      Yeah, I have it on the lowest setting right now, but it's still pretty bright, ha. I'll just have to change how I hold it. It reflects off my TV pretty badly even on dim.

Online is still fun as hell by the way.
      CLW -
      http://www.twitch.tv/playstation

live performance starting now...
      CLW -
      Forgot how [CENSORED] AMAZING the sound track in TLOU was just listening to the guys play the music live
      Rudy -
      That IGN video makes it hard to see much of a difference. I still want to play this again on PS4 whenever I get one.
      CLW -
      CLW -
      Apparently after the video above the live attendees got a never released scene that occurs AFTER the game ends:

THE LAST OF US: REMASTERED / 28 JUL 2014
      SECRET ENDING SCENE FROM THE LAST OF US REVEALED AT LIVE SHOW

The poignant ending scene was performed live by Troy Baker & Ashley Johnson.

BY LUCY O'BRIENAt the live performance of The Last of Us in Los Angeles this evening, game director Neil Druckmann introduced a special, unrecorded scene that takes place after the ending of the game. The scene was performed live on stage by principal actors Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson.
      According to attendees at the event posting on NeoGAF, Druckmann requested that nobody film during the scene, and stressed that it will never be released or revealed in any other form.
      With that in mind, heavy spoilers ahead.
      The Last of Us - One Night Live01:29

The scene was reportedly written by Druckmann as a "goodbye" to Joel and Ellie, and takes place at Tommy's dam one night after the closing events of the game. Some reports put it at four years later, but the general consensus is broadly "after".
      Joel is talking to Ellie in her room at Tommy's, explaining that Tommy is trying to set him up to marry a girl named Esther. According to various accounts of the scene, Ellie is acting distant and reserved, until Joel pulls out a guitar and sings a song (which Joel's voice actor Troy Baker performed live.) Joel tells Ellie a joke, and the pair laugh together, the tension broken. Joel leaves the guitar with Ellie as a gift, and the scene ends with Ellie alone on her bed, strumming a chord.
      Does Druckmann's claim that the scene was written to farewell the pair mean we won't see them in a possible sequel? That's anyone's guess, although it's interesting that it evokes the "fan art" for the game created by Last of Us artist Marek Okon in May so strongly.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/...d-at-live-show
      CLW -
      Yeah, I have it on the lowest setting right now, but it's still pretty bright, ha. I'll just have to change how I hold it. It reflects off my TV pretty badly even on dim.

Online is still fun as hell by the way.
      I never even tried online on PS3 (mostly b/c I know I suck at shooters) but I'll give it a try. I assume you can pick to some extent who you play with/against? I.e. if sev TGTers got online could we all 4 be on the same team?

I decided to take the day off from work today and as soon as UPS arrives I'll be popping this bad boy in - so if any of you guys wanna chat/play let me know.