• The Last of Us Remastered – Coming to PS4 Summer 2014

Back in December of 2011, we were teased with a new game that from the onset promised to be special. We were shown viral videos of something abnormal growing on Earth. Then at the VGA's we saw a great first trailer to the game. Once that trailer ended, it was revealed that this was coming from Naughty Dog; which lead to a rousing ovation at the awards show (and around the world). Finally last June, we were able to get our hands on The Last Of Us, and our minds were blown.

From Metacritic, a brief summary of the game states: Twenty years after a pandemic radically transformed known civilization, infected humans run amuck and survivors kill one another for sustenance and weapons - literally whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a salty survivor, is hired to smuggle a fourteen-year-old girl, Ellie, out of a rough military quarantine, but what begins as a simple job quickly turns into a brutal journey across the country.…

News has surfaced this week that this great game will now be heading to PS4 in the summer. Continue on to read the official release from Sony and click here for the direct product link at Amazon.

Well, it’s no secret that we have been working night and day at the studio to bring The Last of Us to PS4.

We’re calling it The Last of Us Remastered.

Moving our efforts to the PS4 has allowed us to remaster an already phenomenal looking The Last of Us in 1080p with a list of upgrades including higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, upgraded textures, along with even more improvements. We love setting challenging technical hurdles for us when working on each game – and this is no different. We’ve been working hard on The Last of Us Remastered to release a next-gen evolution worthy of the 200+ Game of the Year awards, not to mention the acclaim and expectations of our fans. We will be revealing more detailed information about the upgrades for the PS4 version in the coming months.

In addition to all the technical updates, we’re also including an exclusive director’s commentary for all in-game cinematics featuring Creative Director and Writer, Neil Druckmann; Voice Actor, Troy Baker, who plays Joel; and BAFTA Award winning Voice Actress, Ashley Johnson, who plays Ellie.

We’ve released a ton of additional content since The Last of Us launched in June 2013, including our first ever single player expansion, Left Behind. We’re happy to say that the major content releases will be included with The Last of Us Remastered:

•Left Behind single player expansion
    •Abandoned Territories multiplayer map pack
    •Reclaimed Territories pack – details will be coming soon on exactly what is included
    Whether you are new to The Last of Us or have played it already on the PS3, we hope you are all looking forward to this release. We are!

You can preorder The Last of Us Remastered for PS4 right now from many of your favorite retailers and receive these preorder bonuses:

•100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
    •Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
    •Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
    •Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
    •9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
    •Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
    If you preorder on the PlayStation Store, you will receive three extra preorder bonuses to unlocks in Factions multiplayer:

•Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill in Factions Mode
    •Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions mode
    •Early Access to the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask for use in Factions mode
    Now that we’ve finally gotten the official announcement out of the way, we’ll be keeping you updated regularly about The Last of Us Remastered until it releases Summer 2014.
    Comments 74 Comments
      JBHuskers -
      Back in December of 2011, we were teased with a new game that from the onset promised to be special. We were shown viral videos of something abnormal growing on Earth. Then at the VGA's we saw a great first trailer to the game. Once that trailer ended, it was revealed that this was coming from Naughty Dog; which lead to a rousing ovation at the awards show (and around the world). Finally last June, we were able to get our hands on The Last Of Us, and our minds were blown.

From Metacritic, a brief summary of the game states: Twenty years after a pandemic radically transformed known civilization, infected humans run amuck and survivors kill one another for sustenance and weapons - literally whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a salty survivor, is hired to smuggle a fourteen-year-old girl, Ellie, out of a rough military quarantine, but what begins as a simple job quickly turns into a brutal journey across the country.…

News has surfaced this week that this great game will now be heading to PS4 in the summer. Continue on to read the official release from Sony and click here for the direct product link at Amazon.

Well, it’s no secret that we have been working night and day at the studio to bring The Last of Us to PS4.

We’re calling it The Last of Us Remastered.

Moving our efforts to the PS4 has allowed us to remaster an already phenomenal looking The Last of Us in 1080p with a list of upgrades including higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, upgraded textures, along with even more improvements. We love setting challenging technical hurdles for us when working on each game – and this is no different. We’ve been working hard on The Last of Us Remastered to release a next-gen evolution worthy of the 200+ Game of the Year awards, not to mention the acclaim and expectations of our fans. We will be revealing more detailed information about the upgrades for the PS4 version in the coming months.

In addition to all the technical updates, we’re also including an exclusive director’s commentary for all in-game cinematics featuring Creative Director and Writer, Neil Druckmann; Voice Actor, Troy Baker, who plays Joel; and BAFTA Award winning Voice Actress, Ashley Johnson, who plays Ellie.

We’ve released a ton of additional content since The Last of Us launched in June 2013, including our first ever single player expansion, Left Behind. We’re happy to say that the major content releases will be included with The Last of Us Remastered:

•Left Behind single player expansion
      •Abandoned Territories multiplayer map pack
      •Reclaimed Territories pack – details will be coming soon on exactly what is included
      Whether you are new to The Last of Us or have played it already on the PS3, we hope you are all looking forward to this release. We are!

You can preorder The Last of Us Remastered for PS4 right now from many of your favorite retailers and receive these preorder bonuses:

•100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
      •Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
      •Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
      •Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
      •9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
      •Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
      If you preorder on the PlayStation Store, you will receive three extra preorder bonuses to unlocks in Factions multiplayer:

•Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill in Factions Mode
      •Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions mode
      •Early Access to the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask for use in Factions mode
      Now that we’ve finally gotten the official announcement out of the way, we’ll be keeping you updated regularly about The Last of Us Remastered until it releases Summer 2014.

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...S4-Summer-2014
      CLW -
      Looking forward to this bad boy again especially the DLC which I haven't gone through yet.
      JBHuskers -
      Yeah I never bought the DLC. Unlike Tomb Raider, this might be a day one.
      I OU a Beatn -
      I didn't even notice that bullshit "Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions mode" for ordering via the PS Store. Seriously? That's a pretty enormous advantage right out of the gate.
      gschwendt -
      CLW -
      I OU a Beatn -
      Seems Sony cut the price on this. It's $49.99 on Amazon and a bunch of other places. Best Buy confirmed they'll be doing the same, meaning Gamer's Club Unlocked members can get it on launch day for $40 + tax.
      JBHuskers -
      Yeah I went ahead and locked in my pre-order when Amazon dropped it to $50.
      CLW -
      Yep $50 is a pretty fair price for an HD/remake for a game even if it was/is the greatest game of all-time.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Yep $50 is a pretty fair price for an HD/remake for a game even if it was/is the greatest game of all-time.
      Last month, I sold this and Tomb Raider combined for $42, just for the sole purpose to buy this on the PS4. Fair trade IMO.

As for the PS4 Tomb Raider, I'm waiting til that is $15-$20 even though it was amazing, but not Last Of Us amazing.
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Last month, I sold this and Tomb Raider combined for $42, just for the sole purpose to buy this on the PS4. Fair trade IMO.

As for the PS4 Tomb Raider, I'm waiting til that is $15-$20 even though it was amazing, but not Last Of Us amazing.
      Yeah I have the TR via GameFly. It's like $23.74 "used" (i'm the only user). If you want I could always buy it and ship it your way once the case comes in.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Yeah I have the TR via GameFly. It's like $23.74 "used" (i'm the only user). If you want I could always buy it and ship it your way once the case comes in.
      Maybe a week from today #PayDay we'll see. With just getting a 3DS, I'm probably slowing down until TLoU
      CLW -
      CLW -

Ordered this bad boy for Day 1 via Amazon cannot wait to play through it again.
      CLW -
      JBHuskers -
      skipwondah33 -
      I was wanting to get this for PS3 but never did. May get this for PS4 now even though I could get the PS3 copy from GameFly for cheaper.
      CLW -
      Really pumped about this on the PS4 and I'm getting it on release day from the fine folks at Amazon.
      JBHuskers -
      Me too. Paying $40.00 as I had a $10 credit.