• Madden NFL Team Logo & Design Contest

The Madden NFL team is looking to fans to help re-design team logos and uniforms for relocated teams within Connected Franchise.

The game currently features seventeen cities for re-location with three team options for each. Designs for new cities and teams will be accepted, however entrants are encouraged to use those currently in the game.

From Senior Designer Josh Looman: "The uniforms in our Relocation Mode looked good last year, but I thought we could take them to the next level. I wanted to make them feel a little more modern, a little more cutting-edge. Our whole goal in Madden is to create a product that looks like the NFL, that feels like the NFL. So we want something eye-catching, but not so crazy that it would look completely out of place in the NFL, or like something a high school team would wear."

There may be as few as three winning entries or as many as 20-25, depending on the quality of submissions. The deadline for entries is March 7. For official rules and downloads, visit EASPORTS.com. Further details and clarification can be found at ESPN Uni Watch.

City Team Name Options
    San Antonio Dreadnoughts, Marshalls, Express
    London Bulldogs, Black Knights, Monarchs
    Los Angeles Dreams, All Stars, Aftershocks
    Mexico City Diablos, Golden Eagles, Conquistadors
    Toronto Huskies, Mounties, Thunderbirds
    Orlando Orbits, Wizards, Sentinels
    Salt Lake City Elks, Pioneers, Flyers
    Brooklyn Dodgers, Beats, Yanks
    Memphis Hounds, Egyptians, Steamers
    Chicago Cougars, Blues, Tigers
    Sacramento Miners, Condors, Redwoods
    Columbus Aviators, Panhandles, Caps
    Portland Snowhawks, Lumberjacks, River Hogs
    Austin Bats, Armadillos, Desperados
    Dublin Shamrocks, Celtic Tigers, Derbys
    Houston Oilers, Gunners, Voyagers
    Oklahoma City Night Hawks, Bisons

For a look at the current re-location city, team, logo, and uniform options, check out this YouTube video:

TGT Takeaway

• The intent of this project is great and should be recognized as such, however the team is asking for a lot in terms of logo creation. This will restrict the contest to graphic designers or those with a high level of design ability.
    • While well-received by the community, this initiative has some asking for a more robust team/uniform creator similar to that found in All-Pro Football 2K8 and NCAA Football.
    • A way to allow those with limited (or no) Photoshop skills would have been for nominations/voting for new re-location cities or for users to submit concept art (sketches) that the Madden NFL team could have fleshed out.
    • With each team option currently containing Modern and Traditional uniform options, the potential new assets added could end up being just a drop in the bucket. This is an initiative that will hopefully continue and be expanded upon in the future.
    • Hopefully the Madden NFL team (and other sports franchises) will continue to utilize and expand community submissions and input to help improve the game (such as this) versus other methods, such as the over-played annual 'cover vote.'
    Comments 3 Comments
      ram29jackson -
      they can make teambuilder but they made it too difficult with all this junk to make a team for the madden game ?

I wouldn't mind trying a couple because I like doing it but to get nothing but a free game is laugh worthy.
      Jayrah -
      Heck, I'd take a free game for this!

I think this is actually an awesome thing Madden is doing here. For some reason I like the way this is set up better than teambuilder, even though it ultimately cuts limitless options. The thought of "want it to look and feel NFL" is something that really appeals to me. I don't want to have to create a uniform for my team, but I don't disagree with those that would want to.
      jaymo76 -
      I'm glad they will be adding more options but I would really like to see more user customization. Let me choose the logo AND the colour scheme as well as uni designs. That would be a good step IMO.