• First Next Gen Golf Details Revealed - License Deal with Tiger Ends

Electronic Arts has announced that EA SPORTS and Tiger Woods have ended their long-standing partnership, meaning his name will be removed from the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR franchise. In the future, EA SPORTS will work exclusively with the PGA TOUR as they develop golf titles for mobile devices and next-gen consoles. Darren Rovell is reporting that Woods is already in talks with another company.

While not confirmed in the blog from Daryl Holt, EA SPORTS VP and GM of Golf, it is expected that the next EA SPORTS golf title will be released in 2015.

Continue on to read the blog and view the first screen from EA SPORTS next-gen golf.

http://www.ea.com/news/first-next-ge...tails-revealed

EA SPORTS golf fans have always loved authentic courses and players, but they've also asked for more choice and customization in how and where they play. We're working on a new approach to deliver the best golf experience to our fans — we think you'll love it, and so we’re excited to share the first screenshot of our next generation golf game currently in development.

EA SPORTS and Tiger Woods have also made a mutual decision to end our partnership, which includes Tiger's named PGA TOUR golf game. We’ve always been big fans of Tiger and we wish him continued success in all his future endeavors.

Moving forward, we will continue to work with the PGA TOUR exclusively to create groundbreaking golfing titles and our partnership remains strong.

EA SPORTS is committed to creating a new golf experience that leverages the best technologies across EA to deliver a stunning and immersive game for mobile and next generation consoles.

We'll have more news soon.

Comments 30 Comments
      CLW -
      Nothing really earth shattering there. Tiger lost allot of marketing power after his private life came to life. Honestly, surprised EA stuck with him that long as I doubt his name on the game brought ANY extra sales to the table and no telling what EA was paying for the rights to use his name etc... for the game.
      gschwendt -
      Here's the full screen comparison:
      (click here to open in new window/tab)

JBHuskers -
      The next gen sure looks sexy!
      HANDSWARD -
      Oh yea, it's sexy! Just wait til you see it in person!
      Tarhead10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by HANDSWARD View Post
      Wow cant wait to see Augusta!!
      JBHuskers -
      bdoughty -
      Now if it can just have some realistic cameras to properly view the course. Also consider being able to swap the camera on the fly using the D-pad, IN FLIGHT (not IN REPLAY). See Hot Shots Golf for examples.
      cdj -
      FLASHBACK: Take-Two files domains for 2K Golf Links
      bdoughty -
      Alright, we might just have some new blood in the golf game market. The more the better.
      gschwendt -
      cdj -
      Pastapadre tweeted that EA will save $15M a year by dropping Tiger. I find it hard to believe they were paying him that much, however.
      cdj -
      CLW -
      My problem with the series has NEVER been visuals. Rather it just feels like a glorified game of darts where a player simply has to log the time to master how many "clicks" to move the shot left/right short/long adjusting for wind, height, etc... It just gets boring quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      Pastapadre tweeted that EA will save $15M a year by dropping Tiger. I find it hard to believe they were paying him that much, however.
      WOW. That's a ridiculous amount of money they should have dropped him years ago and just called it PGA Tour X.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      Personally, I'm not sure golf is a game "worthy" of a yearly release. There just isn't that much EA can do on a yearly basis that would excite me. Add new courses via DLC if you want to make money.
      SCClassof93 -
      And so it begins.......months of ignoring customer complaints on the current game that desperately needs a second patch to fix the first.........and the promo on a new game begins............good luck
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
      And so it begins.......months of ignoring customer complaints on the current game that desperately needs a second patch to fix the first.........and the promo on a new game begins............good luck
      I believe we had this convo over 6 months ago and I told you the 2nd patch was NEVER coming.
      SCClassof93 -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      I believe we had this convo over 6 months ago and I told you the 2nd patch was NEVER coming.
      I remember and I remember telling you that if they i.e. devs, managers, whoever etc left this game broken I would no longer be a customer.
      JBHuskers -
      Post-release support for all titles has been non-existant. Focus has shifted I guess.
      SCClassof93 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Post-release support for all titles has been non-existant. Focus has shifted I guess.
      As has my focus as a game consumer
      bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
      As has my focus as a game consumer
      If I had the willpower I would agree with you but golf games are my weakness.
      JBHuskers -
      I don't get people publically "taking a stand" against buying something like they're in the majority

Spoiler: show
      P.S. I'll see you on PGA Tour 15 on the PS4 SC