• NCAA Football 14 - Title Update #2 Now Available

NCAA Football 14 Title Update #2 is now available. If connected online, simply start up the game and you will be prompted to download the update.

Continue on to view details of the title update. Let us know your thoughts on this update once you get a chance to play.

The title update is 496 MB on the PlayStation 3. Here are the full patch notes:

The second title update to NCAA Football 14 has arrived on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Players can download the update via Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.

The title update includes multiple fixes to streamline presentation and performance, as well as the following gameplay improvements and enhancements (among others):

Formation Subs Exploit
    Fixed an exploit that allowed users to disconnect an online H2H game without receiving a loss or affecting DNF %

Coaching Carousel Update
    Fixed an issue that prevented non-commissioner user teams from being offered new jobs in Online Dynasty

Defensive Back Hot Route Adjustment
    Fixed an issue where some Defensive Back Hot Routes would not react correctly

Old Dominion Update
    Fixed an issue where Old Dominion is referred to as “Big Blue” and not “Monarchs”

Vignette Slowdown
    Addressed an issue where postplay vignettes did not trigger after touchdowns.

Grey Facemask Issue (PS3)
    Fixed an issue where some teams had a grey facemask in-game regardless of user modifications on the PlayStation 3

PS3 Optimization
    PS3 players will notice a much quicker overall experience with reduced hitches.

NCAA FOOTBALL ULTIMATE TEAM UPDATES

Team Skill OVR Rating update
    Fixed an issue where Team Skill OVR ratings appeared to be 99, but were actually only a 94
    Players may see their OVR Team Skill Ratings adjusted after applying the title update
    Please note that individual player OVR ratings have not changed at all.
    Comments 92 Comments
      TheMacAttack -
      Finally!
      johntom2000 -
      Yes!!!!
      psusnoop -
      Anxious to see what is included
      MrToo Brand New -
      I hope they fixed the pathetic pass coverage. That's the main reason I haven't played the game as much as I normally would.
      CLW -
      Well this is probably it folks. We shall see if they tell us what was allegedly fixed and cross your fingers it doesn't open up a whole other can of worms.
      SmoothPancakes -
      I am HAPPY that we finally have an update to the game since the Day 1 patch. But for the love of god EA, where the hell is your communications team? Over a month since release, and not a single goddamn word about a patch until it's already been released. And on top of that, not a single goddamn word about WHAT's IN the patch yet. So far, I'm sorry to say, EA is completely dropping the ball with this NCAA launch.

I honestly hope they can get '14 to a playable state, to where it's as much fun as I had last year on '13. Even if they release College Football 15 next summer, after everything thus far with '14, I think I'll be skipping '15 completely. I've put up with a ton of issues from EA over the years, but I'm reaching the end of the rope with this release thus far.
      SCClassof93 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      I am HAPPY that we finally have an update to the game since the Day 1 patch. But for the love of god EA, where the hell is your communications team? Over a month since release, and not a single goddamn word about a patch until it's already been released. And on top of that, not a single goddamn word about WHAT's IN the patch yet. So far, I'm sorry to say, EA is completely dropping the ball with this NCAA launch.

I honestly hope they can get '14 to a playable state, to where it's as much fun as I had last year on '13. Even if they release College Football 15 next summer, after everything thus far with '14, I think I'll be skipping '15 completely. I've put up with a ton of issues from EA over the years, but I'm reaching the end of the rope with this release thus far.
      This, coupled with the way they have treated buyers of TW14 Just not really a company I want to support anymore
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post

First half - totally agree. Absolute travesty that they haven't said a word since release about this. Not even a hint and I was beginning to wonder if they were EVER gonna do it.

Second half - it's totally your opinion so I'm not trying to knock it, just surprised you haven't had much fun with the release so far. I'm having the time of my life because of the new engine regardless of the fixable issues

EDIT: Also, the fact that TGT had to contact EA for details on this update is nearly unacceptable.
      DynastyJunkie -
      I'm interested to see what they "fixed". I just downloaded the update.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      First half - totally agree. Absolute travesty that they haven't said a word since release about this. Not even a hint and I was beginning to wonder if they were EVER gonna do it.

Second half - it's totally your opinion so I'm not trying to knock it, just surprised you haven't had much fun with the release so far. I'm having the time of my life because of the new engine regardless of the fixable issues
      Yep. In the past, we always had some sort of mention from EA about an upcoming patch and what will be in the patch, usually around the time they submit it to Sony and MS. This time? Not a damn word until it's already been approved by Sony and MS and is available to download. And not a clue yet what it fixes (or breaks).

Agreed, it's just my opinion on it. Like I said, I've backed EA and defended them on issues for years, I've accepted issues for years, but I think I'm just starting to wear thin on them. I had a ton of fun last year on '13. I plowed through 6 seasons with Tulsa, the longest I've gone in a dynasty in a single version of the NCAA game (doing my dynasty posts here on the forum slows things down, otherwise I probably would have easily reached 15-20 seasons if I was just jumping in and out of games without having to type or post anything), because I was having fun with it.

As for '14, I do like the new engine. Compared to years past, the new engine and physics is great. It's the lack of defense that is killing the game for me. I want to play defensive battles. I want to play games that end up 7-3, 10-7, etc. I lost a game last year, playing as Tulsa against North Texas, that the final was 7-3. I lost a game against Ohio State 14-12. I had countless games where the winning score got no higher than 17, 20, 24 points. This year, with the complete lack of defense, where it's "whoever has the ball last will win", it's impossible to have games end 7-3 or 14-12 or 20-14. It's not fun for me. I want to have games that are offensive battles, and then the next week be a defensive battle. This nonstop offensive shootout, you'll win if you have the ball last crap just doesn't entertain me and ruins the game for me.

If EA fixes the defense in this game (which would be more like actually PUT a defense in this game), then I'll be good to go and all-in on '14 and will be playing it year-round again, especially since my interest in College Football 15 (if it ever ends up actually getting released) is already pretty much rock bottom. Hopefully they can make '14 a damn good game so I can play it for years down the road and keep getting my college football fix.
      MrToo Brand New -
      OFFICIAL PATCH NOTES: Improved lighting, upgraded 3D grass, patch added to Florida State uniform, decreased defensive AI and tackling angles, two new DC glitches, return of the pump fake glitch, addition of grey face masks, and improved cheerleader movements.
      MrToo Brand New -
      Quote Originally Posted by MrToo Brand New View Post
      OFFICIAL PATCH NOTES: Improved lighting, upgraded 3D grass, patch added to Florida State uniform, decreased defensive AI and tackling angles, two new DC glitches, return of the pump fake glitch, addition of grey face masks, and improved cheerleader movements.
      Obviously I'm not be serious. However that sums up my honest expectations based on past patches of previous NCAA games.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Holy hell, it looks like they actually fixed some online glitches for a change.

From OS:

"Those of you who play ranked games online. Pause glitch is gone. Im playing guy who keeps pausing trying to trigger it. He is now on his 9th pause."
      SmoothPancakes -
      And OS posters are confirming that the grey facemasks on PS3 are fixed. Teams have their proper colored facemasks again. So that issue should be corrected. Just have to wait and see what the details are on gameplay, primarily DEFENSE.
      TheGamingDisciple -
      That OS poster would be me. Thanks in advance.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by TheGamingDisciple View Post
      That OS poster would be me. Thanks in advance.
      Nice to see you over here. Yeah, there's a good sized number of people here who play online ranked games, so figured that'd be something to get shared over here. I think I'm more surprised that EA may have actually fixed a glitch in online ranked games, considering the yearly threads and comments on multiple sites about glitches continuing to carry over from year to year without getting fixed.
      JBHuskers -
      Paused 9 times? Don't you get kicked after 4 or 5?
      C00KH4X -
      In theory someone could pause the game 10 times...you get 5 each half.
      ram29jackson -
      "Those of you who play ranked games online. Pause glitch is gone. Im playing guy who keeps pausing trying to trigger it. He is now on his 9th pause."

online gaming humor at its finest
      ram29jackson -
      yet still, I want to see this list of fixes