• NCAA Football 14 Review Central

As Reviews and Impressions are posted throughout the day, we'll continue to update this article. We've got content from Under the Code, Tradition Sports, GoodGameBro, HardCoreGamer, SmittyD1981, Kotaku, Gamespot & IGN.

Continue after the break to see the full list with links.
    Under the Code: XP and Coach Skills in NCAA Football 14
    As part of Under The Code’s coverage of the full retail version of NCAA Football 14, Paakaa10 has been putting in time as the Head Coach of the Tulsa Golden Hurricane in Dynasty mode. Today he shares his impressions of the addition of XP and Coach Skills in this year’s game, and how they impact the experience of playing a Dynasty in NCAA Football 14.

Under the Code: Power Recruiting in NCAA Football 14
    As part of Under The Code’s coverage of the full retail version of NCAA Football 14, Paakaa10 has been putting in time as the Head Coach of the Tulsa Golden Hurricane in Dynasty mode. Today he shares his impressions of the addition of Power Recruiting to this year’s game, and how it impacts the experience of playing a Dynasty in NCAA Football 14.

Under the Code: Video Playlist
    Here at Under The Code, our staff has been hard at work over the past few days recording video and creating content to share with the community using the full retail version of NCAA Football 14 from EA SPORTS. Whether you’re looking for quick clips which show off some of the new features in this year’s game, or whether you’re looking for lengthy looks at actual gameplay from this year’s college football simulation, you’re sure to find it in our YouTube playlist embedded below.

Tradition Sports: Drifter's NCAA 14 Dynasty/Recruiting Thoughts

GoodGameBro: Conference Highlights
    From Air Force to Wyoming, GoodGameBro has you covered with NCAA Football 14 Conference highlights. The playlist above includes 12 videos organized into conference. Click your favorite conference and enjoy the highlights.

GoodGameBro: H2H Online Videos
    GoodGameBro has captured some head-to-head online matches of NCAA Football 14 over Xbox Live. Each video features a condensed version of the game that removes the unnecessary “filler” content.

GoodGameBro: Ultimate Team Pack Opening Videos
    GoodGameBro has been busy collecting cards for our Ultimate Team in NCAA Football 14. The playlist above shows off 10 Ultimate Team openings of All-American packs.

GoodGameBro: Screenshots
    We have captured 65 screenshots from NCAA Football 14 to share with you. It doesn’t matter who you cheer for on Saturday, because we have every school represented in the images below.
    Make sure you check out our NCAA Football 14 Screenshots Request thread for 95 more images. Let us know what you think of the shots in the comments section below, or in our NCAA community.

HardCoreGamers: Dynasty Power Recruiting
    There are a number of really cool improvements to NCAA Football 14 this year, without a doubt, but this article will focus on the exciting changes added to recruiting — one of my favorite things to do in Dynasty Mode.

HardCoreGamers: Ultimate Team Series
    What’s good people? I started an NCAA Football 14 ULTIMATE TEAM SERIES with my pre-release copy of the game. I was lucky to be able to pull the coveted Bo Jackson card, but not to be undone, I also pulled the Barry Sanders Freshman card. Follow the cyber college career, in an alternate reality, of Hall of Fame football players Bo and Barry.

HardCoreGamer: Oregon Ducks Dynasty Series
    What’s good DynastyHeads? I started an NCAA Football 14 DYNASTY SERIES with my pre-release copy of the game. The Oregon Ducks is one of my favorite teams. Ranked #6 in the game, the Ducks are looking swagalicious once again. In this series, I’m going to take you through an entire season of recruiting — starting from day one until National Signing Day.

SmittyD1981: Gameplay Videos

Operation Sports: NCAA Football 14 Review
    The final version of NCAA Football before the next generation of consoles arrive has hit the (virtual) marketplace. EA has packed the latest iteration of its college football simulation about as full as you can, but does that mean it’s the best so far of this generation?

NCAA Football 14: The Kotaku Review
    Not only is recruiting a wider-net trawl than depicted in EA Sports' NCAA Football series, the reality is that a ton of prospects are more interested in a school than that school is in them. Like Chad. That's more properly represented in a tighter and yet more compelling Dynasty, the game's core career mode, thanks to an overhauled personnel management system. Other changes and inclusions, great and small, legitimately make this edition—which was in dire need of a new look after three capable but broadly repetitive entries—the best in the series' 21-year history.

Gaming Illustrated: NCAA Football 14 Review
    While games like Madden 25 and FIFA 14 are being developed separately for each console generation, NCAA Football 14 appears to be skipping the first year of Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Instead of producing a rushed product with a next-gen port, developer EA Tiburon has poured a ton of time into making NCAA Football 14 for Xbox 360 the best college football experience ever on the console.

Gamespot: Video Review
    Spoiler: show

IGN: One-Hour of Gameplay (and commentary)
    Spoiler: show
    Comments 13 Comments
      CLW -
      Sitting with a 77 right now on Metacritic which feels about right (probably a little high IMHO) based on what I have seen from the demo and this year's features

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-...aa-football-14

Gamespot with the lowest review so far 6:

I OU a Beatn -
      Reviews from major sites for sports games are completely worthless. Take for example Greg Miller's review for IGN. Read it about count how many times he mentions the game play. In fact, I'll save you some time - zero. Gamespot's review is almost as bad. I honestly don't know why they bother. If you're not going to get someone who knows about actual football to review the game, why even bother wasting their time?
      gschwendt -
      Review from Operation Sports added.
      http://www.operationsports.com/revie...a-football-14/
      bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
      Reviews from major sites for sports games are completely worthless. Take for example Greg Miller's review for IGN. Read it about count how many times he mentions the game play. In fact, I'll save you some time - zero. Gamespot's review is almost as bad. I honestly don't know why they bother. If you're not going to get someone who knows about actual football to review the game, why even bother wasting their time?
      There is only one review I will ever care about, my own.
      dhook27 -
      Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
      Exactly some of the guys that write those reviews dont know shit about football in real life so its worthless to me.
      CLW -
      I think I'd rate it a 7. It made a few improvements from 13 (run blocking/option) but the game is just too much basketball on grass. I hope sliders work b/c there is just no pass rush and no run d by the CPU to stop the option.
      jaymo76 -
      I haven't played any dynasty yet but based on the look, feel and sound of the game I am very satisfied. As of right now I would give the game a solid 7.5/10 rating. This mark may increase significantly once I get into dynasty though. I still have not dealt with recruiting or cosch skills.

If you liked 12 and 13 you will like this game. I find this game feels very similar to NCAA 11, which is a good thing. Once I get my sliders down it will be a long, long summer of NCAA Football 14.
      ram29jackson -
      CLW -
      Game ends with score of 77/76 on Metacritic. VERY FEW reviews though. I'm guessing EA knew it wouldn't score well so they didn't give it out to "major" sites.

http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/NCAA+14/results
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      I agree that this is the best NCAA since 06. No, it's not better but it's pretty darn close. I am having a lot of fun in dynasty right now. Running the ball is a lot better and the physics make things look and feel different.
      CLW -