• EA SPORTS: Feel the Pageantry of NCAA Football 14

EA has posted their second article this week, this time talking about Presentation and Pageantry in NCAA Football 14. The article covers changes to announcers (including the addition of David Pollack), all new camera angles, new music & player chatter, and the additions of uniform parts such as team-specific gloves and base layers.

Continue after the break to read the full article.
    Experience the unpredictability and emotion of college football like never before withNCAA Football 14. With Presentation upgrades like all-new graphics, announcer logic, and tons of gear and updated audio, this is the best NCAA Football ever.

LIVE FROM THE BOOTH

EA SPORTS is pleased to welcome former All-American and ESPN analyst David Pollack into the mix for NCAA Football 14. Pollack is an integral part of the new-and-improved halftime show alongside Rece Davis. The duo will break down key stories and moments in the first half, as well as highlight conference standings around the country and set up the college football landscape.

Announcers Brad Nessler and Kirk Herbstreit will touch on your game's storylines while highlighting individual players, just like in real life. As the two recognize patterns throughout the game, brand-new on-screen broadcast wipes and stat banners will pop up dynamically. There are more than 100 new commentary stories in NCAA Football 14.

Rivalries and bowl games have their own intros to really capture the pageantry of the sport, and the dynamic ticker is back to keep you updated on what’s going on around your Dynasty. Schedule one of the all-new neutral site games like one of the three Kickoff Classics to really capture the feeling of running a college football program. With more than 300 new player vignettes and more than 100 specific music intros, NCAA Football 14feels like a real college football broadcast.

ALL-NEW CAMERA ANGLES

NCAA Football 14
    introduces three brand-new camera angles. The Wide camera presents the game from an angle akin to the “All 22” coach’s film. This full shot of the field keeps all players in frame and will allow players to keep tabs on all players at all times. Run your offense how you want to run it and make sure you have the right scheme in place.

The new Zoom camera stays close to the ball throughout. If strategy isn't your game and you want to get into the action, try the zoom cam that puts you on the field with your team. See and feel what it's like to take the handoff and hit the cutback lane, or read the pulling guard and stuff the hole. With the Zoom cam, you put yourself in the shoes of a college football player.

Last but not least is the Coordinator camera, which provides a view of the whole field initially, but dynamically zooms in during the play to follow the action. Identify your opponent’s coverage scheme or offensive set before the snap, identify a mismatch and exploit. No longer will you have trouble seeing the outside WR get jammed at the line in a Cover 2. See the field and react quickly to put your team on the scoreboard.

HEAR IT IN THE AIR

Few songs are more synonymous with sports and college football than the White Stripes' Seven Nation Army and Zombie Nation's Kernkraft 400. This year, NCAA Football 14brings both to life on the virtual gridiron. Real, recorded variations of these songs from your favorite school’s band and authentic crowd chants make the stadiums sound real. Would you like to hear a specific chant or song make it into NCAA Football? Let us know on Twitter and we might just be able to make that happen.

For the first time, you’ll even be able to hear player chatter on the field. The offensive line will call out their assignments to protect the quarterback, and you’ll hear the defense shouting out adjustments. There are more than 600 on-field dialogue samples to keep the action feeling fresh. With so much of the college football atmosphere coming from the sounds roaring throughout the stadium, strap on your headset or turn-up your surround sound because the sounds of college football will get you amped up for every game.

PLAY TRUE, STAY FRESH

Fans looking for the latest and greatest college football apparel will not be disappointed, asNCAA Football 14 features the latest uniforms, team-specific gloves, and base layers. With more than 200 new uniform parts in all, the dev team has gone to great lengths to make sure all the details are included, from the biggest schools to the smallest underdog programs.

To get a glimpse of what to expect, download the demo today and take a look at all of those Oregon uniform combinations.

NCAA Football 14 is available on Tuesday, July 9 for Xbox 360 and PS3. Fans can learn more at the NCAA Football website. Pre-order today to receive exclusive Conference Packs.

Keep up to date and visit the NCAA Football website, Facebook, and Twitter to find exclusive assets and unique insights into all of this year’s new features. College football enthusiasts can also get involved in the conversation by tweeting with the hashtag #PLAYTRUE.

Keep up on all the latest NCAA Football 14 news & media heading into the July 9 release date with our NCAA 14 News & Info Central page. We'll provide all the best & latest information regarding improvements to Gameplay & Infinity Engine 2, Dynasty Mode, Presentation, and new features such as NCAA Football Ultimate Team & Play a Season.

NCAA Football 14 News & Information Central: http://tgt.pw/ncaa14info
    Comments 10 Comments
      ram29jackson -
      I already miss the FSU entrance scene. I assume they took all that out
      DynastyJunkie -
      I can't wait till Tuesday. It's going to be a great game. It's going to be interesting experiencing all of the storylines throughout my dynasty.

H-Y-P-E-D
      Jayrah -
      All of the latest and greatest apparel sans the helmets...

Other than that, bring on Tuesday! I'm stoked!
      PDOGEMP 8 -
      Getting this Game right after Work on Tuesday.
      dhook27 -
      Im dowloading it today with the season pass
      lilheavy -
      I like the player chatter. The defense actually call out the strong side of the formation.
      Stan HAMsen -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      I already miss the FSU entrance scene. I assume they took all that out
      As far as "feeling the pageantry" of college football is concerned, these new music video things are a HUGE step backwards. The videos aren't bad, they are just generic. The ones I have seen could just as easily be for CFL teams.

For me, it feels more like college football when I see a team run out on the field while their fight song is played. I like the old entrances better.

Take the music videos, swap the generic highlights for ACTUAL 1st half highlights, and run the video before the 2nd half kickoff.
      PeteyKirch -
      One thing I thought of.

Last year EA apparently "forgot" to get South Alabama into the game, and promised them "extra attention" for this year, wasn't one of those things a signature entrance, and now with these "music video" intros they sort of mislead their fanbase?
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by Stan HAMsen View Post
      As far as "feeling the pageantry" of college football is concerned, these new music video things are a HUGE step backwards. The videos aren't bad, they are just generic. The ones I have seen could just as easily be for CFL teams.

For me, it feels more like college football when I see a team run out on the field while their fight song is played. I like the old entrances better.

Take the music videos, swap the generic highlights for ACTUAL 1st half highlights, and run the video before the 2nd half kickoff.
      I wouldn't say a "huge" step backwards. It's just a take in a different direction. I would like to see more pregame festivities OR highlights from previous games or something though, rather than highlights from the current game that haven't happened yet.
      xGRIDIRONxGURUx -
      the videos are just stupid... the only way they would be relevant is if the teams were in their home/away opposite of the game about to be played... as a recap of the game a season before... and while not every team has ever played each other recently, it still is a dumb idea... however if they take it to a half time deal in 15 and do a recap, and put back in the old entrances then i will for once in my life actually care about the off the field stuff in this game... otherwise for me... i just find it dumb