• NCAA Football 14 Uniform Store Details to be Announced Next Week?

Screenshot of the NCAA Football 13 Uniform Store

NCAA Football 14 Developer Christian McLeod was recently a guest on the GoodBullHunting.com podcast discussing changes to NCAA Football 14, particularly those surrounding Texas A&M. As part of that conversation, at 14:20, McLeod was asked by the host, "Is the black alternate uniform something we might see in the full version of the game?". McLeod's answer was seemingly cut from the podcast.

Continue below for the rest of the article.
    When asked about it in the comments, the author replied:

While that doesn't give a clear indication what to expect regarding the black uniforms, it does at least give us an indication that we can expect hear something regarding the first update to the Uniform Store by or during launch week.

The Texas A&M black uniforms were one of several uniforms noted to be missing from the E3 version of NCAA Football 14. A video from KOACHK at E3 showed all of the available preset uniform selections for each team.

We knew based on tweets during a Q&A session earlier this week that certain teams would be included in a Uniform Store update and that details would be available "soon".

When reached for comment, a representative of EA SPORTS answered:
    "While we don’t have anything to say right now, we should have more details to announce soon."

For those that didn't follow the game last year, the Uniform Store was added to NCAA Football 13 as a way for EA to be able to deliver uniforms that weren't able to be included with the disc. Last year, the Uniform Store was opened on 9/18 and included many uniforms as a free update but also included some available for purchase. It was updated a few other times throughout the year with additional uniforms for purchase that were unveiled as the college football season went on.

We'll continue to update you on the NCAA Football 14 Uniform Store as we get more details.

Keep up on all the latest NCAA Football 14 news & media heading into the July 9 release date with our NCAA 14 News & Info Central page. We'll provide all the best & latest information regarding improvements to Gameplay & Infinity Engine 2, Dynasty Mode, Presentation, and new features such as NCAA Football Ultimate Team & Play a Season.

NCAA Football 14 News & Information Central: http://tgt.pw/ncaa14info
    Comments 26 Comments
      SCClassof93 -
      RAM will be fapping in 3, 2, 1
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
      I think Hitler's comments about NCAA 10 are just as relevant today if he were still around I'd love to hear his thoughts on 14:

erod328 -
      I wonder if we'll get more than one free bulk update on the unis this year. Even if it's at the end of the season, that would be icing on the cake. The one-offs I understand trying to make a buck by micro-charging, but there's no way you can get every new base home/away in the game on day one if no one finds out about them until opening kickoff.
      CLW -
      I seriously cannot believe any of you guys honestly care about all of these ridiculous uniform combos that a team trots out 1 time per season. Give me a home and road jersey and focus on gameplay.
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
      its only interesting if I get to use those teams online against other people and see the visuals of different uni's. Its interesting but in some cases theres more than enough and too many for uni's they only wear once from a previous year. I'm more interested in finding more teambuilder guys. They add a couple hundred new uniforms but cant spend a couple days to add to a teambuilder site ?
      DynastyJunkie -
      Interesting, I'm excited about this game. Gameplay is the most important but cool unis makes the game that much more fun. T Minus 11 Days
      jaymo76 -
      Don't picture myself buying any unis as I didn't last year but I will be more than happy to d/l any free ones. It's a nice touch for those wishing to stay up-to-date but if I m not using a team with new unis then it really doesn't bother me.
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      I hope they really don't mess up this time
      bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by OSUCowboyofMD View Post
      I hope they really don't mess up this time
      After the butchering of the DLC UCLA uniform, I truly believe Tiburon could screw up a wet dream.
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      I seriously cannot believe any of you guys honestly care about all of these ridiculous uniform combos that a team trots out 1 time per season. Give me a home and road jersey and focus on gameplay.
      EA... Do. NOT. listen. to. this. sacrilege!
      GiantsOfTheNorth -
      I also noticed that on the uniform reveal MANY of Oregon's uniforms from NCAA 13 have been taken out (i.e., 2009 uniforms, Fighting Ducks, etc.). Will uniforms like these be available from the uniform store??
      erod328 -
      Whatever happened to this announcement? Did I miss something during my weeklong celebration of 'Merica's birthday?
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by erod328 View Post
      Whatever happened to this announcement? Did I miss something during my weeklong celebration of 'Merica's birthday?
      No. It was an assumption that things would be announced this week. It may still happen but we don't have any firm dates on when we'll be hearing anything.
      jaymo76 -
      wonder if they can use the store to patch in new facemasks for most of the PS3 team helmets???
      ram29jackson -
      nothing wrong with gray facemasks just an old school look/approach
      coogrfan -
      La Tech is tweaking it's helmet design this season (the T is now red). I'm telling you that in order to put the following in context:

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m...071113aaa.html

"The Athletics Department has already worked with EA Sports to ensure that the new helmet designs will be available in NCAA Football 14 once the company releases its initial uniform update patch. That update is expected to be pushed to game consoles around the last week of August."
      coogrfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      wonder if they can use the store to patch in new facemasks for most of the PS3 team helmets???
      Possibly, although the fact that most of the helmets in question are correct on the 360 leads me to think this is something that can be fixed via a conventional patch.
      erod328 -
      The last week of August?! It must be all about timing. That'll create new excitement for NCAA after Madden drops.

OR ....

They could be waiting to include any special opening day unis they didn't know about.
      coogrfan -
      According to something called Playstationlifestyle.net (?), a "uniform pack" for NCAA Football 14 will be available on Tues 07/23. Note that I haven't seen any confirmation of this anywhere else.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...3-chaos-rings/
      coogrfan -
      Confirmed by Steve_OS over at Op Sports.

"Just received confirmation that the NCAA Football 14 Uniform Pack DLC will arrive Tuesday (timing based on 1st party). It will be free and contain about 20 teams. The full list of teams will be released Monday."