• NCAA Football 14 Demo Details & Impressions

EA SPORTS has released the details of the NCAA Football 14 demo which drops Tuesday, June 18th. Included in the demo are three matchups, Virginia Tech vs Alabama (Chick-fil-A Kickoff), Ohio State vs Michigan, and Oregon at Texas A&M. The quarter length is limited to 3 minute quarters, however the user will have the ability to change the rest of the gameplay settings including difficulty and gameplay sliders. New this year, users will be able to try out the additional camera angles in the game: Regular, Zoom, Wide, & Coordinator.

In addition to the three matchups, users will also have access to the new Nike Skills Trainer which attempts to teach users the finer mechanics of the game including how to run the Read Option as well as some of the more basic functions of the game such as proper passing with the lead mechanic that was added in NCAA 13. Finally, users will be given Ultimate Team giveaways as incentives for playing and sharing the demo.

UPDATE - The NCAA Football 14 demo is now listed as available on the Xbox.com website and can be queued for download on your console on this page (Gold members only).

UPDATE 2 - The NCAA Football 14 demo is now available on PS3. Search 'NCA' from the Store to find it or queue it for donwload on your console on this page.

Keep up on all the latest NCAA Football 14 news & media heading into the July 9 release date with our NCAA 14 News & Info Central page. We'll provide all the best & latest information regarding improvements to Gameplay & Infinity Engine 2, Dynasty Mode, Presentation, and new features such as NCAA Football Ultimate Team & Play a Season.

NCAA Football 14 News & Information Central: http://tgt.pw/ncaa14info
    Comments 534 Comments
      Kwizzy -
      Quote Originally Posted by xGRIDIRONxGURUx View Post
      bucksweep read option VT playbook Y Trips HB Weak
      Picture please? Sounds excellent.
      I OU a Beatn -
      I'm just glad it's finally smooth to play. The past several editions have been so jerky I couldn't stand it. This is how the game should have felt all along.

I do think it's going to be all offense, especially online. When I'm able to go 14/17 for 189 and 4 Touchdowns all while rushing for 100 yards in a 12 minute game on Heisman, I'm not too encouraged by the potential of there being a whole lot of defense.

Still, I'm so overjoyed that it's finally smooth that I really don't care. Hopefully online is just as smooth.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      Whats next after that/0, 1-5 or 10 ?
      It goes in steps of 5 (0, 5, 10, 15, etc.)
      Big Blue -
      The running game is almost exactly what I've wanted for a long time. Feels great. Power backs are viable.
      AustinWolv -
      Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
      The running game is almost exactly what I've wanted for a long time. Feels great. Power backs are viable.
      Ooooh, that sounds like some good fun then, especially mixing in change of pace backs.

Y'all are getting me excited.
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
      I'm just glad it's finally smooth to play. The past several editions have been so jerky I couldn't stand it. This is how the game should have felt all along.

I do think it's going to be all offense, especially online. When I'm able to go 14/17 for 189 and 4 Touchdowns all while rushing for 100 yards in a 12 minute game on Heisman, I'm not too encouraged by the potential of there being a whole lot of defense.

Still, I'm so overjoyed that it's finally smooth that I really don't care. Hopefully online is just as smooth.
      its been that way since day one. That's what its meant to be. Defense is not sexy nor entertaining for the masses
      CLW -

Yeah I've been RESIGNED to the fact that there will be ZERO defense in this game (unless sliders by some miracle that only Tebow could pull off actually work). However, I suppose an argument can be made that that is where football is now. No more 7-0 scores we are now in the era of "basketball on grass".
      ram29jackson -
      demo
      beartide06 -
      I'm going to make this post quick since I'm at work. I'll post with more impressions later, hopefully.

During one of the plays, I was Texas A&M playing Oregon, the center snapped the ball, but it never went to the QB. The center held onto the ball and was immediately tackled by the nose guard. I'm pretty certain it's some sort of bug, but I could be wrong. Has anyone else had this occur?
      Body15 -
      I have played 3 games, haven't seen a halftime show yet
      ram29jackson -
      I OU a Beatn -
      its been that way since day one. That's what its meant to be. Defense is not sexy nor entertaining for the masses
      Did you play last year? There was plenty of defense last year. This feels kind of like Madden 13, which literally had zero defense. The coverage seems decent enough, but if someone is willing to mix in read options (which appear to be extremely ridiculous in the game I played), you're not going to be able to sit back in coverage. Oh well, hopefully I'm able to figure something out.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
      Picture please? Sounds excellent.
      bdoughty -
      C'mon download, need some football. Thanks for someone who mentioned the Painkiller demos was up, snagged that too.
      Kwizzy -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Ooh that's nice. Are you reading the DE or the DT then? With the 2 guards pulling I'd assume the DE but Nebraska runs it where they pull the center & guard and read the DT. Either way that's a nice addition.
      ram29jackson -
      Did you play last year? There was plenty of defense last year. This feels kind of like Madden 13, which literally had zero defense. The coverage seems decent enough, but if someone is willing to mix in read options (which appear to be extremely ridiculous in the game I played), you're not going to be able to sit back in coverage. Oh well, hopefully I'm able to figure something out.
      you know I did. But you just said it just now. In all the videos i'm looking at ( not downloaded demo yet ) the read option-or any option- just seems to make DEs and other player just stupid and sucks them away from the play. The QB is getting 3 yards no matter what it appears...
      CLW -
      There was defense last year? I missed it.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Well, the masses in this country are a bunch of fucktards, so what the masses find sexy or entertaining shouldn't matter.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
      I have played 3 games, haven't seen a halftime show yet
      That's because there is no halftime show in the demo. Halftime shows are only in dynasty mode. The demo games are all Play Now games.
      ram29jackson -