• NCAA Football 14 Demo Details & Impressions

EA SPORTS has released the details of the NCAA Football 14 demo which drops Tuesday, June 18th. Included in the demo are three matchups, Virginia Tech vs Alabama (Chick-fil-A Kickoff), Ohio State vs Michigan, and Oregon at Texas A&M. The quarter length is limited to 3 minute quarters, however the user will have the ability to change the rest of the gameplay settings including difficulty and gameplay sliders. New this year, users will be able to try out the additional camera angles in the game: Regular, Zoom, Wide, & Coordinator.

In addition to the three matchups, users will also have access to the new Nike Skills Trainer which attempts to teach users the finer mechanics of the game including how to run the Read Option as well as some of the more basic functions of the game such as proper passing with the lead mechanic that was added in NCAA 13. Finally, users will be given Ultimate Team giveaways as incentives for playing and sharing the demo.

UPDATE - The NCAA Football 14 demo is now listed as available on the Xbox.com website and can be queued for download on your console on this page (Gold members only).

UPDATE 2 - The NCAA Football 14 demo is now available on PS3. Search 'NCA' from the Store to find it or queue it for donwload on your console on this page.

Keep up on all the latest NCAA Football 14 news & media heading into the July 9 release date with our NCAA 14 News & Info Central page. We'll provide all the best & latest information regarding improvements to Gameplay & Infinity Engine 2, Dynasty Mode, Presentation, and new features such as NCAA Football Ultimate Team & Play a Season.

NCAA Football 14 News & Information Central: http://tgt.pw/ncaa14info
    Comments 534 Comments
      fisherjr33 -
      Default All-American - Ohio State (Me) v. Michigan

OSU - 17
      16-121-1 Rushing
      5/7-73 Passing
      Opening Kickoff Returned for a TD (105 yards)

MICH - 14
      13-36-0 Rushing
      9/10-168-2 TDs Passing

I don't think a single option run went for negative yardage for me. Defense is going to need to be turned up for both the user and CPU. No pancake blocks recorded for either team. Both Michigan scores featured some unique "physics". First one the TE caught the ball, did a half flip into a collision with two DBs, then reversed the flip, stood up and ran. The second the TE was hemmed in on the sideline with three defenders coming at him, who all ran into one another and dog piled while the TE calmly trotted into the end zone.

The increased complexity of the option in the game is a welcome addition. I do think the defensive counters at this point are woefully inadequate.
      GatorfanStovy -
      YES!! Demo time! Well after dinner and it gets done downloading it ha. 32% this is going pretty quick for 2gb. I will have to use both system demos to decided on what system to get it for. So excited though. Read option here go ! I just wish NCAA was this good on the option plays when Tebow was in oh well. Well he is sort of if I use Ultimate team ha! Any ways. More impression either tomorrow or Thursday.

How is everyone enjoying the demo so far? Besides the Center bug snap anything else in the mix far as bugs go?
      GatorfanStovy -
      All done downloaded will play later tonight. That was really quick! Got some unlocked team packs for sharing the demo and downloading it , awesome!

Just a quick glance of the menu it looked really( different but nice) After pressing start it loaded asap!!! That to me is very important because is in 13 it would take like 3 to 5 mins to log you into the darn EA servers ugh. I'm glad that is gone now. It will be a great year in NCAA I can already see it!
      ram29jackson -
      ryby6969 -
      I played 1 user vs user game on default AA and defense definitely needs some love. Still issues with corners not dropping if they have no threat while in cover 2. Also noticed some poor pursuit angles in the game. The option should be DEADLY this year.
      Rudy -
      I just played one half with A&M against Oregon. It was tied 14-14. The game does seem smoother and crisper on the PS3 this year. I think Madden will still be better in this area but it's better. I liked the crowd noises and player chatter. I can't remember a thing Herbie has said during the demo. Even after a couple years away I still tune him out. They really need to get a new team. The new physics are nice.

Right now my head is sort of spinning after only one half. I'm rusty and the co-ordinator cam is probably my biggest disappointment so far. It looked great on the videos but it seems so far away on the running plays. It will take some adjusting to. I was just playing default AA but I noticed they got rid of the pass rush slider. I don't know if that's a mistake in the demo or not. The pass block slider is all we really need but with sliders at 5 point increments it will make it tougher - real tough if the slider isn't strong enough. The cpu was certainly able to run the option against me.

I will have to play more tonight after the kids are in bed. I liked my short time so far.
      Jayrah -
      Just saw Offensive PI! First time in 4 seasons! Lob on a streak and I'm not sure what happened to get the PI cause no instant replay. CB got stopped (push off?) and safety came over while both competed for the ball and it got knocked down...

Another play had the Ohio St. QB try an immediate throw to a WR that just went to the ground a few feet away from the qb. Wonder if it's a bug on the play.
      ram29jackson -
      Jayrah -
      Speaking of Coordinator cam. I thought that was going to be the shizzle but I really don't like it. Like blimp mode. Wide was better but still a little too far away. However I LOVE the zoom cam, which pans back to normal while your looking for receivers downfield.
      PeteyKirch -
      I don't know if it was just me, but the updates after each play sort of stopped after the first 2 minutes of the 1st Quarter.

My first drive it was like every play had a stat update overlay, and then it seemed like I went 2 quarters before they popped up again.
      ram29jackson -
      Deuce -
      Played one game as A&M on default AA and won in OT 10-6. The colors are pretty amazing. The field looks great as well. Thought the crowd noise was much better and the player chatter does add to the immersion factor. It's going to take some time for me to get accustomed to how slow the runners are. Personally, I feel there is too big of a difference between regular speed and the 'turbo' speed. But overall the game is great!

Typed by thumbs.
      tyler2026 -
      There is a slight pause or glitch every time the running back receives a pitch from the QB. It happens on designed pitch plays not on option plays. Has anyone else noticed it? You can especially notice it when you are in the skills training section of the game. Also, it seems like it may be there after a catch too but not always.
      jello1717 -
      Everyone LOVED the Coordinator cam from the E3 videos, but most of us seem to dislike it in the demo. I wonder if that's because it looks better in the videos instead of in person (although everyone actually playing @ E3 seemed to love it) or if maybe EA tweaked it since E3 and we're playing with a different version.

Sadly for me, as a run first guy, coordinator cam (after 2 full games of trying it) is pretty much unplayable.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      Thanks but it still didn't work. I'll stop cluttering up the thread and play The Last of Us.

Created US account and am now downloading. Us Canadians got screwed!
      So Rudy what's the deal with Canada??? NCAA isn't available in the PSN store. I got your message but I cannot download anything. Any particular reason why Canada has not been given the release?
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by jello1717 View Post
      Everyone LOVED the Coordinator cam from the E3 videos, but most of us seem to dislike it in the demo. I wonder if that's because it looks better in the videos instead of in person (although everyone actually playing @ E3 seemed to love it) or if maybe EA tweaked it since E3 and we're playing with a different version.

Sadly for me, as a run first guy, coordinator cam (after 2 full games of trying it) is pretty much unplayable.
      Definitely seems further away now then it on the video. I like the angle but it's SO far away you can't see anything.
      Jayrah -
      Don't know about you guys but I don't see any Bama fans?... I hear them but can't see em lol. Neutral crowd sounds great though
      ram29jackson -
      last night I had to download some ps3 update, but I was able to go into the ps store.

today I go into ps store and I cant navigate anything, it just sits there cant get anything. Cn you redownload a ps system update somewhere ? I cant find anything. This is duuumb
      bdoughty -
      Well call me McDonalds because I am loving it so far. The game looks great and is a much needed change over the last few years by adding some color to the palette and just looks cleaner all around. The running game is fun so far. Yeah, you get weird stuff every so often but it is nice to have juke moves that actually work again. Finally just got rid of sprint (user/auto), which is great as it is now a speed burst and YOU have to control it, which is what video games are about. Last year the spin move was useless, not this year. Defense will be a challenge, no doubt but it is cool they created difficulty levels for offense/defense. My only gripe so far might be leaving Auto Strafe on. It seems to put you in odd positions and almost freezes you when you witch to a defender closest to the ball. Made it easy for the CPU to juke around me. Need to mess around this more and consider turning it off.

Default camera played very nicely and while I will try out the other cameras, I can be content with default. Kudos to AI in having Oregon for going fro a fake punt when it was logical (field and time) to do so, though it was stopped.
      TIMB0B -
      Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
      First play in the demo and it freezes... Terrific
      Mine froze about 10 plays in, just as I was trying to pitch to my RB.