• NCAA Football 14 Demo Details & Impressions

EA SPORTS has released the details of the NCAA Football 14 demo which drops Tuesday, June 18th. Included in the demo are three matchups, Virginia Tech vs Alabama (Chick-fil-A Kickoff), Ohio State vs Michigan, and Oregon at Texas A&M. The quarter length is limited to 3 minute quarters, however the user will have the ability to change the rest of the gameplay settings including difficulty and gameplay sliders. New this year, users will be able to try out the additional camera angles in the game: Regular, Zoom, Wide, & Coordinator.

In addition to the three matchups, users will also have access to the new Nike Skills Trainer which attempts to teach users the finer mechanics of the game including how to run the Read Option as well as some of the more basic functions of the game such as proper passing with the lead mechanic that was added in NCAA 13. Finally, users will be given Ultimate Team giveaways as incentives for playing and sharing the demo.

UPDATE - The NCAA Football 14 demo is now listed as available on the Xbox.com website and can be queued for download on your console on this page (Gold members only).

UPDATE 2 - The NCAA Football 14 demo is now available on PS3. Search 'NCA' from the Store to find it or queue it for donwload on your console on this page.

Keep up on all the latest NCAA Football 14 news & media heading into the July 9 release date with our NCAA 14 News & Info Central page. We'll provide all the best & latest information regarding improvements to Gameplay & Infinity Engine 2, Dynasty Mode, Presentation, and new features such as NCAA Football Ultimate Team & Play a Season.

NCAA Football 14 News & Information Central: http://tgt.pw/ncaa14info
    Comments 534 Comments
      jello1717 -
      They removed some gameplay adjustments. Most notably gone is Jump The Snap.

Spoiler: show

AustinWolv -
      Good, I hated those.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Coach Kernzy View Post
      Coach mode, is it still in the game??? Please please please say yes...
      It's not in the demo but I can't imagine they would remove it. The "QB Auto Pass" style of coach mode is still in the game for sure though.
      dhook27 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      hurricane is one of my favorite Youtube commentators
      Coach Kernzy -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      It's not in the demo but I can't imagine they would remove it. The "QB Auto Pass" style of coach mode is still in the game for sure though.
      Thank you much sir. I hope you're right but I don't put anything past EA. Sounds like everyone is loving the demo though.
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      As Kwizzy stated, I hope the Veer is in Pistol Diamond in other playbooks, or available for a created PB. This play is a gamechanger to me, especially for someone like me who runs OffTackle a lot from Shotty 2-Back. Overall, I love the feel of the game. The engine feels much more refined from Madden 13, visuals really pop off the screen. Pretty impressed. Still seeing some alignment issues, & deep blues still are horribly played by safeties during Cover 4.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2
      xGRIDIRONxGURUx -
      I havent read through much of the last 2 pages... but one thing I love besides the expansion of options for oregon... is I tried to hurry up and was limited to only formations for my personnel... huge addition that I dont recall getting mentioned
      gschwendt -
      New Hot Routes for passing routes...

Slot WRs
      Flat route
      Hitch route

Outside WRs
      Comeback route
      Smoke Screen

HBs
      Option route

TEs
      Flat route
      DynastyJunkie -
      I've never had much of a problem defending Oregon. But I just got my butt kicked by their offense, it's like you actually have to play them differently than a Pro style offense. I was finally able to figure them out, but I was impressed to see the noticeable difference in gameplay and style.
      Big Blue -
      First play in the demo and it freezes... Terrific
      DynastyJunkie -
      I love the gameplay. The blocking is so much better. And I love the new ability to cut with the ball carrier
      DynastyJunkie -
      Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
      First play in the demo and it freezes... Terrific
      Lol Sorry but that's hilarious
      gschwendt -
      I set the QB Accuracy for both the HUM & CPU to 0 and it's definitely evident. I'm 1/6 so far and the one completion was a WR screen. The passes are going way wide, which is very good to see.
      ram29jackson -
      ram29jackson -
      I set the QB Accuracy for both the HUM & CPU to 0 and it's definitely evident. I'm 1/6 so far and the one completion was a WR screen. The passes are going way wide, which is very good to see.
      Whats next after that/0, 1-5 or 10 ?
      xGRIDIRONxGURUx -
      bucksweep read option VT playbook Y Trips HB Weak
      dhook27 -
      89%
      ram29jackson -
      CLW -
      $35 per month for 1 year. After that I think it's $50 per month.
      WOW! I'm paying like twice that for 1/5 the speed. Where is Google Fibre when you need them.
      ram29jackson -