• NCAA Football 14 Demo Details & Impressions

EA SPORTS has released the details of the NCAA Football 14 demo which drops Tuesday, June 18th. Included in the demo are three matchups, Virginia Tech vs Alabama (Chick-fil-A Kickoff), Ohio State vs Michigan, and Oregon at Texas A&M. The quarter length is limited to 3 minute quarters, however the user will have the ability to change the rest of the gameplay settings including difficulty and gameplay sliders. New this year, users will be able to try out the additional camera angles in the game: Regular, Zoom, Wide, & Coordinator.

In addition to the three matchups, users will also have access to the new Nike Skills Trainer which attempts to teach users the finer mechanics of the game including how to run the Read Option as well as some of the more basic functions of the game such as proper passing with the lead mechanic that was added in NCAA 13. Finally, users will be given Ultimate Team giveaways as incentives for playing and sharing the demo.

UPDATE - The NCAA Football 14 demo is now listed as available on the Xbox.com website and can be queued for download on your console on this page (Gold members only).

UPDATE 2 - The NCAA Football 14 demo is now available on PS3. Search 'NCA' from the Store to find it or queue it for donwload on your console on this page.

Keep up on all the latest NCAA Football 14 news & media heading into the July 9 release date with our NCAA 14 News & Info Central page. We'll provide all the best & latest information regarding improvements to Gameplay & Infinity Engine 2, Dynasty Mode, Presentation, and new features such as NCAA Football Ultimate Team & Play a Season.

NCAA Football 14 News & Information Central: http://tgt.pw/ncaa14info
    Comments 534 Comments
      Big Blue -
      I think this is the first time Michigan has been in a demo.. Go Blue!
      Jayrah -
      This is AWESOME! With all this stuff we can finally figure out what we're doing for dynasty BEFORE the game drops!
      Deuce -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      This is AWESOME! With all this stuff we can finally figure out what we're doing for dynasty BEFORE the game drops!
      Did you read this ? That means get to work!!

Typed by thumbs.
      jaymo76 -
      Nice! First up VT versus Alabama...
      AustinWolv -
      That is awesome that the settings are adjustable. Big credit to the team for that!

Also, GO BLUE! I can get rolling on my offense and defense adjustments already.

Very interested in checking out the camera settings.
      Rudy -
      This is great! A FULL demo and a couple great matchups. Excited how the cpu option and mobile QBs are in Oregon/A&M.
      Big Blue -
      Starting to get worried EA isn't going to release the final playbook today. Hopefully they pull through.
      Deuce -
      It's 6/18. I'm 99% sure...

Typed by thumbs.
      Big Blue -
      I checked EA's site and it said 6/17 but I can't find that page again. Tradition Sports said 6/17 too.

http://forums.traditionsportsonline....chedule.97724/
      Deuce -
      Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
      I checked EA's site and it said 6/17 but I can't find that page again. Tradition Sports said 6/17 too.

http://forums.traditionsportsonline....chedule.97724/
      Whew! Glad I didn't say 100%. I do see that it is supposed to be 6/17.

Typed by thumbs.
      DynastyJunkie -
      I can't wait to try out the new camera angles. And to play the Chick-Fil-A Kickoff game between Alabama and VT.

H-Y-P-E-D
      dhook27 -
      Nice team choices will be playing the heck out the Texas A&M and Oregon game to see what they improved about the Spread Option and see if this year I can run a true spread option attack.
      Big Blue -
      Okay gamechangers... This guy in my OD claims he has a "beta" for ncaa 14. Could there be any truth to this?
      DynastyJunkie -
      The Final Playbook is now on EA Sports.com
      gschwendt -
      Okay gamechangers... This guy in my OD claims he has a "beta" for ncaa 14. Could there be any truth to this?
      No. In today's day & age, if he can't take a picture or video of it with his name or face in the picture, then don't believe him. Even if he can, he could just be posing in front of a video from E3 or something. It would take a lot to convince me he had it.

That said, a number of years ago (last gen maybe), there was a guy that was doing QA for EA that started posting pictures of the game, bragging how he had it early, etc. Shortly after that, he was never heard from again.
      SCClassof93 -
      Quote Originally Posted by DynastyJunkie View Post
      The Final Playbook is now on EA Sports.com
      http://www.easports.com/ncaa-footbal...ball-14-season
      Big Blue -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      No. In today's day & age, if he can't take a picture or video of it with his name or face in the picture, then don't believe him. Even if he can, he could just be posing in front of a video from E3 or something. It would take a lot to convince me he had it.

That said, a number of years ago (last gen maybe), there was a guy that was doing QA for EA that started posting pictures of the game, bragging how he had it early, etc. Shortly after that, he was never heard from again.
      Interesting. He claims he signed up for beta testing 4-5 months after the release of NCAA 13. I think he's full of it. Thanks.
      bdoughty -
      This is a thread about the demo. The guy is either yanking your chain or not. Life goes on.

Spoiler: show
      I am not a gamechanger but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Way to go EA you crushed the dreams of the one guy predicting UTSA/Texas St in the demo.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Interesting. He claims he signed up for beta testing 4-5 months after the release of NCAA 13. I think he's full of it. Thanks.
      Like G said, tell him you want proof. Tell him you want some video of something that wouldn't have been possible from E3 or the various videos released by EA (like, say week 5 of a dynasty with UMass for example), and with his name or picture on/in them. That right there will tell you for certain, because there would be no way he could possibly achieve it.
      Deuce -
      Probably didn't need a whole play book for that. Lol.

Typed by thumbs.