• NCAA Football 14 at E3

While NCAA Football 14 was not featured during the Electronic Arts E3 press event on Monday (as the company focused on PS4 & Xbox One), it is expected that floor attendees will provide extensive game media and info throughout the week.

As media & game info emerge, we will update this article. Continue on to learn the top 15 players in NCAA Football 14, Team Ratings, hands-on impressions, gameplay videos, developer interviews & more.

Keep up on all the latest NCAA Football 14 news & media heading into the July 9 release date with our NCAA 14 News & Info Central page. We'll provide all the best & latest information regarding improvements to Gameplay & Infinity Engine 2, Dynasty Mode, Presentation, and new features such as NCAA Football Ultimate Team & Play a Season.

NCAA Football 14 News & Information Central: http://tgt.pw/ncaa14info
    Comments 504 Comments
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
      Disagree. Real life has EVERYTHING to do with it. The timing isn't that off. The defense should be able to blitz and throw off the offense's timing. In this game they have added everything under the sun to benefit the offense & the defense doesn't have half of the tools used to counter those offensive weapons.

This would be a very welcome addition. Obviously it has to be done realistically, shouldn't be overpowered, and should draw a flag when the ball is in the air, but that should go without saying.
      I agree completely. But the flag with ball in the air thing is even questionable. In CFB if the defender had his hands on the receiver before the ball goes in the air they generally will not throw the flag. Should they? Probably, but if you're allowed contact down the field it's up to the qb to see that contact is happening and avoid the throw. CB's get away with that all the time in college. Otherwise you could see the animation coming and just chuck it out there knowing you'll receive PI, which could also get abused. I would hope though, that on defense you can do it on either side in game separately AND that it could be beaten with a slant or something inside otherwise the abuse is very prevalent the other way
      d2721 -
      Love the new stat overlay updates
      Kwizzy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      I agree completely. But the flag with ball in the air thing is even questionable. In CFB if the defender had his hands on the receiver before the ball goes in the air they generally will not throw the flag. Should they? Probably, but if you're allowed contact down the field it's up to the qb to see that contact is happening and avoid the throw. CB's get away with that all the time in college. Otherwise you could see the animation coming and just chuck it out there knowing you'll receive PI, which could also get abused. I would hope though, that on defense you can do it on either side in game separately AND that it could be beaten with a slant or something inside otherwise the abuse is very prevalent the other way
      Exactly. If these things are implemented the way they should be then everything will have a counter. If you wanna play 5-7 off, I'll throw slants until you adjust. Problem is, that defensive stuff isn't as obvious to the masses and therefore doesn't get as much attention when it comes to implementation.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
      Exactly. If these things are implemented the way they should be then everything will have a counter. If you wanna play 5-7 off, I'll throw slants until you adjust. Problem is, that defensive stuff isn't as obvious to the masses and therefore doesn't get as much attention when it comes to implementation.
      Absolutely. I started using the unbalanced Strong-I formation on a lot of short yardage plays and it resulted in a lot of people running blitzes at me in those situations. They would keep their DBs off and with the double slants, I would literally just rock & fire right at the snap to hit the outside receiver. It would pick up 3-5 practically every time they were in off-man coverage. That's some of the nuances that EA needs to somehow teach... hopefully in the future this Skills Trainer their implementing will go further with that sort of thing.
      gschwendt -
      CLW -
      LOTS of guys rated in the mid 80s. won't take long to build up a monster team that way.
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Absolutely. I started using the unbalanced Strong-I formation on a lot of short yardage plays and it resulted in a lot of people running blitzes at me in those situations. They would keep their DBs off and with the double slants, I would literally just rock & fire right at the snap to hit the outside receiver. It would pick up 3-5 practically every time they were in off-man coverage. That's some of the nuances that EA needs to somehow teach... hopefully in the future this Skills Trainer their implementing will go further with that sort of thing.
      the general public doesn't care about the 1st down marker and strategy, they want 15 or more yards every play if they can. Like Ive said before, I played 180 games online and I never press cover and no one ever threw a 5 yrd pass or drag route ( at least not enough to even have a memory of any small percentage.) As simple as that is, no one likes to think that much LOL
      Oneback -
      Speaking of press coverage, do we have any word on if its fixed this year on the PS3?
      countryboy -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Yeah your a dummy if you run that play but the keys don't look as bad as I thought (assuming they go away at the snap). Also aren't the keys disabled on AA/Heisman?
      from what I remember reading, yes they are disabled on AA/Heisman
      bdoughty -
      I usually like the action close up but that "coordinator cam" footage looks good.
      ryby6969 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
      Speaking of press coverage, do we have any word on if its fixed this year on the PS3?
      According to what I have read, yes it is fixed this year.
      gschwendt -
      I don't think this phases too many people here but sharing nonetheless

ram29jackson -

CLW -

WTF!? this game is simply UNPLAYABLE NOW! Next thing you know they b takin away my RASTAHS!
      Rudy -
      Damn. That co-ordinator cam is sweet. Steve_OS said the Madden guys won't have it and won't patch it in and that's a shame. I feel a pull towards NCAA 14 again lol. If the cpu can truly run the option this game could be sweet. I really hope the demo let's us use this camera.
      SmoothPancakes -

Not one bit.
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      How is Grice or Foster in Ariz. St. top 10?! Alot of better players I see are underatted...hmmm
      For MD, a guy who has only played 3 games is an 86? I don't even remember seeing the guy on the field ever? Interesting
      bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      Damn. That co-ordinator cam is sweet. Steve_OS said the Madden guys won't have it and won't patch it in and that's a shame. I feel a pull towards NCAA 14 again lol. If the cpu can truly run the option this game could be sweet. I really hope the demo let's us use this camera.
      If EA leaves out the camera options in the demo... Heads will roll. I am one of those who wants Madden and NCAA to be as similar as can be allowed. Madden does get the extra treatment but on occasion gets stiffed. Why they have left out the ability to lock on a player on defense is... Maddening. Any news on that coming to Madden? I like to do this with NCAA quite a bit.
      SCClassof93 -
      Getting more excited for 7/9. May have to take the game with me to Cali in late July
      Rudy -
      Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      If EA leaves out the camera options in the demo... Heads will roll. I am one of those who wants Madden and NCAA to be as similar as can be allowed. Madden does get the extra treatment but on occasion gets stiffed. Why they have left out the ability to lock on a player on defense is... Maddening. Any news on that coming to Madden? I like to do this with NCAA quite a bit.
      I read on twitter that a Madden dev told someone at E3 that people weren't asking for the defensive lock camera and so they didn't bother with it.

I've seen this asked for many times on OS and other places. NCAA has the tech, it's still early enough, I don't see why they can't add it. Either way we aren't getting any of these NCAA camera option in Madden this year. The only change they made was to tweak the zoom camera angle from last year.