• NCAA Football 14: Prima Official Game Guide Available to Order

Amazon has listed the NCAA Football 14: Prima Official Game Guide which will be available on July 9. Normally $24.99, the guide can currently be purchased for just $18.03.

While most of the current book description matches that of the NCAA 13 guide, it is worth noting the guide will contain a code for a free valued NCAA Football Ultimate Team pack including a cover athlete card.

We will update this article as more details on the NCAA Football 14: Prima Official Game Guide becomes available.

UPDATE: There will be no NCAA Football 14 Strategy Guide this year due to a licensing issue.

Keep up on all the latest NCAA Football 14 news & media heading into the July 9 release date with our NCAA 14 News & Info Central page. We'll provide all the best & latest information regarding improvements to Gameplay & Infinity Engine 2, Dynasty Mode, Presentation, and new features such as NCAA Football Ultimate Team & Play a Season.

NCAA Football 14 News & Information Central: http://tgt.pw/ncaa14info
    Comments 40 Comments
      ram29jackson -
      do you really need this? No

but I still find them to be colorful and entertaining and informative reminders to reference when I can get one.

I don't think I can this year though ?

That said, they should a better job of being a 'how to' book. There should be a front section of every single button command and how to do it.

in last years book there would be paragraphs about.."hey, this year you can do this or that or bla bla" and no where on the same page is the button command
      GatorfanStovy -
      If game guides were 10 bucks but damn they are not even worth it. Why is this a thread , really
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
      If game guides were 10 bucks but damn they are not even worth it. Why is this a thread , really
      Because there are a lot of people who are interested in the guide.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      And probably because of this little included sentence:

it is worth noting the guide will contain a code for a free valued NCAA Football Ultimate Team pack including a cover athlete card.
      With as crazy as the wild jackals are about Ultimate Team in other games, I'm sure anything for a free Ultimate Team pack will be news to them.
      GatorfanStovy -
      Still i just don't get buying guides for sport games .
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post

With as crazy as the wild jackals are about Ultimate Team in other games, I'm sure anything for a free Ultimate Team pack will be news to them.
      Well even before that, there are just guys that love to have one for reference, something to read on the shitter, whatever.
      sgibs -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      do you really need this? No

but I still find them to be colorful and entertaining and informative reminders to reference when I can get one.

I don't think I can this year though ?

That said, they should a better job of being a 'how to' book. There should be a front section of every single button command and how to do it.

in last years book there would be paragraphs about.."hey, this year you can do this or that or bla bla" and no where on the same page is the button command

ram,

thanks for that feedback. last year we switched up how we wrote the guide from the same ole same ole format that I think you are referring to from years past.

Last year was all Top 5's. Similar to your "How to" recommendation. Top 5 Ways to Improve Overnight. Top 5 Playbooks. Top 5 Defensive Formations etc etc.

We decided to go this route because of feedback like yours and also form personal experience on how we consume content on the web. I found that most times I was only reading Top 10 Lists etc (think bleacher report) mainly because the content is easily consumed and you can read it extremely quickly. It also gave a big time re-design of the book itself which makes it visually more pleasing.

Sorry if we didnt make things clear enough. That is something we will sure to focus on more of in the future.

Hang tight on that "How To" request. i think you will be pleasantly surprised when the guide comes out this year.

If you ever have any questions about NCAA or Madden email me. sgibs@maddentips.com - would love to get more feedback and try to answer some of those questions we didnt get to from last year.

Gibs

#LockUp
      sgibs -
      ordering it on Amazon does save you 25% of the actual price you will get in stores and its only $8 more than $10!

thats about the price of 2 gallons of gass or 2 gallons of milk

what would you price a guide?
      sgibs -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      thanks Juskers
      sgibs -

I cant deny that the Ultimate Team card this year was something that we have been excited about, but dont discount the actual tips in the book.

The major taking point that we use from the game is called the 5 Sets for Success.

Its a systematic approach to how you play NCAA or Madden. You 5 get audibles all of which need to be used and set. Each audible serves a purpose in attacking a specific defense that your opponent can run.

We give you the following audibles...

2 Running plays from the same formation (one run left, one run right)
      1 Man Beating Play
      1 Zone Beating Play
      1 Blitz beating Play

You then have a play you come out in at each snap which is called your Base Play.

The Base Play is your favorite play and the play you have the most success with. You know this play inside and out and could run all game IF you wanted.

With the audibles in place and your Base play in hand you then have the ability to run the ball on your opponent all over the field. Use the run left audible when your opponent shows weakness off the left edge (think a Bear Under front) you can then quick audible from that same formation to get to your run middle and attack the middle of the field when you see a Dime front. The last run is the run right and thats used to attack the right (think Nickel Sets)

When your opponent shows man defense from tendencies you then audible to your man beater.

When your opponent shows zone defense from tendencies you then audible to your zone beater.

Finally when your oppnent shows blitz defense from tendencies you then audible to your blitz beater.

This is just the tip of the iceberg of the overall scheme as we show you how to identify defenses (think MOFO & MOFC coverage) and then from tehre you pick apart your opponent and light up the score board.

There is a lot more that we cover. The guide is over 200 pages and the Madden guide is over 350 pages. There is plenty to read and learn from the guides and if you ever have any questions.

email me. sgibs@maddentips.com

#LockUp

- Gibs
      sgibs -
      Still i just don't get buying guides for sport games .
      NCAA and Madden are very complex games and I know that if someone needs help learning the game and succeeding within the game I can help them.

Im the guy.

If you ever have any questions...again email me sgibs@maddentips.com
      ram29jackson -
      another drive by celebrity guest appearance
      sgibs -
      another drive by celebrity guest appearance

when i smell madden questions I come huntin'
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by sgibs View Post
      ram,

thanks for that feedback. last year we switched up how we wrote the guide from the same ole same ole format that I think you are referring to from years past.

Last year was all Top 5's. Similar to your "How to" recommendation. Top 5 Ways to Improve Overnight. Top 5 Playbooks. Top 5 Defensive Formations etc etc.

We decided to go this route because of feedback like yours and also form personal experience on how we consume content on the web. I found that most times I was only reading Top 10 Lists etc (think bleacher report) mainly because the content is easily consumed and you can read it extremely quickly. It also gave a big time re-design of the book itself which makes it visually more pleasing.

Sorry if we didnt make things clear enough. That is something we will sure to focus on more of in the future.

Hang tight on that "How To" request. i think you will be pleasantly surprised when the guide comes out this year.

If you ever have any questions about NCAA or Madden email me. sgibs@maddentips.com - would love to get more feedback and try to answer some of those questions we didnt get to from last year.

Gibs

#LockUp
      you can still jazz up the appearance while giving quick and easy instructions. The 2 basic things I miss are the instruction booklets inside games and when NCAA had a visual playbook on the disc in 2004 or 05 or whatever where you got an animated explanation how to do whatever command. You don't need to reinvent the wheel.
      sgibs -
      you can still jazz up the appearance while giving quick and easy instructions. The 2 basic things I miss are the instruction booklets inside games and when NCAA had a visual playbook on the disc in 2004 or 05 or whatever where you got an animated explanation how to do whatever command. You don't need to reinvent the wheel.
      is this what you were looking for?

that booklet was put online

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...n-nfl-13-guide

as far as the disc build do you mean the training camp thing? I loved that as well - it was awesomeeeee. Loved that bus moving form city to city.

#DBSwatChamp
      ram29jackson -
      is this what you were looking for?

that booklet was put online

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...n-nfl-13-guide

as far as the disc build do you mean the training camp thing? I loved that as well - it was awesomeeeee. Loved that bus moving form city to city.

#DBSwatChamp
      not sure if we are talking about the same thing? I mean in NCAA where a playbook would open on a desk and Kirk H. would explain button commands.
      SCClassof93 -
      when i smell madden questions I come huntin'
      I actually enjoyed the guide more than the game last year . Like J.B. posted earlier many of us just enjoy the read/info/opinions etc. BTW you have access to team ratings/prestige I assume? Be nice if we did not have to wait for all those E3 vids next week
      sgibs -
      Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
      I actually enjoyed the guide more than the game last year . Like J.B. posted earlier many of us just enjoy the read/info/opinions etc. BTW you have access to team ratings/prestige I assume? Be nice if we did not have to wait for all those E3 vids next week

E3 is right around the corner haha.

ill be making updates all day on twitter and vine. if you want anything specific let me know

if you want to post it at the link below...

http://www.maddentips.com/forums/sho...en-25-Requests
      SmoothPancakes -
      E3 is right around the corner haha.

ill be making updates all day on twitter and vine. if you want anything specific let me know

if you want to post it at the link below...

http://www.maddentips.com/forums/sho...en-25-Requests
      Oh nothing much, just every rating for every team in NCAA Football '14.
      SCClassof93 -
      Oh nothing much, just every rating for every team in NCAA Football '14.
      Yep! Since we will get them during E3 and since you have them why not post all 126 team ratings for offense/defense etc and prestige? If time is an issue just prestige and overall rating will do