• NCAA Football 14 Dynasty Info from around the web

Today is the release of NCAA Football 14 Dynasty Mode info. As various sources from around the web release information, we'll continue to update this post.
    Information comes from:
    • Game Informer
    • Tradition Sports
    • OS Press Row Podcast
    • Hardcore Gamers

GameInformer - Bolstering Its Blue-Chip Prospects?
    The phone call has been the centerpiece of NCAA's recruiting system since 2008, but series producer Ben Haumiller says it was never really meant to be that way. The mechanic was originally supposed to be a first step in a larger process, but somewhere along the way developer EA Tiburon became unwittingly more and more beholden to it. Recalling a realization the team had, Haumiller says, "We're not getting new features in dynasty because we're trying to recreate this phone call thing. Let's just cut this cord right now."

The excising of the recruiting phone call is just the start of changes for the process in NCAA 14. In its place is a more streamlined system that also puts more power in the hands of coaches and their staff.

-----

Tradition Sports - Dynasty Improvements – What it all means
    Article previews the Coaching Skills/Tree, changes to Recruiting: Point Bank, Deal Breakers, Bonus Points, Lock Outs, Dynamic Recruit Progression, Signing Day, and Pipelines.

-----

OS - Press Row Podcast - One on One with Ben Haumiller (Dynasty)
    It’s Episode 26 of the Press Row Podcast, as we welcome back 4-time guest Ben Haumiller to talk all about the new features available in online and offline Dynasty mode in this year’s NCAA 14. Ben goes into detail about the significant updates to recruiting, coaching, and more. As always. Ben’s enthusiasm for the game comes through loud and clear, as it’s an informative and entertaining session. Is it what you were hoping for?

-----

Hardcore Gamers - Recruiting to me is what gives NCAA Football its high level of replay-ability. Nothing better than stealing a 5 Star running back from one of my league members and then using that recruit to pound them into submission! This year, the focus of the development team was on creating a more faster, simpler, deeper, cleaner, experience. While NCAA Football recruiting has high replay-ability, it was also very time consuming, tedious, and repetitive. This was reflected in the community feedback the team received and they made a conscious effort to address community concerns. There is always a subtle balance between adding depth to a game mode and not also increasing the time it takes to play through the mode. The development team has done a very good job of streamlining recruiting while still adding even more depth to the already popular mode.

Keep up on all the latest NCAA Football 14 news & media heading into the July 9 release date with our NCAA 14 News & Info Central page. We'll provide all the best & latest information regarding improvements to Gameplay & Infinity Engine 2, Dynasty Mode, Presentation, and new features such as NCAA Football Ultimate Team & Play a Season.

NCAA Football 14 News & Information Central: http://tgt.pw/ncaa14info
    Comments 45 Comments
      gschwendt -
      Tip of the hat to oweb26 for the GameInformer article.
      oweb26 -
      Hey no prob, I am happy for the automated points system, that alone will cut time down dramatically that is spent on recruiting.
      JBHuskers -
      You can still tweak the points from week to week if you want based on where you're sitting on the big board of that recruit, but it is so much quicker.
      gschwendt -
      Added a link to Tradition Sports' article.
      oweb26 -
      It really does look like they streamlined alot of stuff......especially offseason being one week, I normally simmed it anyway after the first week, so that is huge for me.
      Tryhard Nation -
      Not sure how I feel about one week of recruiting. After the national championship there are four weeks where coaches to out and recruit their hardest of the year.
      KIDZER0918 -
      I like that they slimmed it down to two weeks!
      baseballplyrmvp -
      this....changes....everything.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by KIDZER0918 View Post
      I like that they slimmed it down to two weeks!
      You'll get a substantial pool of points for those two weeks too so you can try to just push for one guy, or to fill out your requirements.
      gschwendt -
      Added the OS Press Row Podcast
      CLW -
      This looks interesting. Appears to have streamlined somethings yet at the same time added some new wrinkles that should increase strategy (how do I use my Coaching Skills XP).

I just hope it isn't "easier" as one article said to build your dynasty team up. I've always thought recruiting was too easy (especially at the big schools) and once your career lands you a HC at a traditional power its pretty much all over for the rest of the country.
      gschwendt -
      Listening to the Press Row Podcast which seems to get more meat and potatoes than articles... I'll continue to update this as I go.

• Dynamic Pitches still in the game
      • Deal Breakers - if you are below a certain level for a pitch that a recruit considers most important, you won't even be able to recruit him.
      • Dynamic Pitches can help you overcome Deal Breakers (ie build up championship team rating through season)
      • Competitive/Complimentary visits... you have to be more strategic as to when you invite guys. If you invite a QB, you'll get a bonus for inviting an OL or WR that same weekend but two QBs in the same weekend will have a negative effect.

• The later in the season your visit, the more bonus you'll get.
      • Set your points, can tweak from week to week or "set it and forget it"
      • Every team has the same number of recruiting points each week.
      • There are limits on how many points you can offer a player each week but through coach skills, you can increase that number.
      • Bonus points become the separator... bonus points come from the old recruit pitches.

• Scouting uses the same pool of points as calls do. Will have to balance your budget with calling vs scouting.
      • Wanted to get Playoffs into the game but details still aren't ironed out... eg what criteria selection committee will use, will teams be seeded so as to avoid home field advantage (ex. LSU in the Sugar Bowl)
      • HC Skill Trees: Game Management & Recruiting. Trees individual to Offensive Coordinator and Defensive Coordinator
      • Earn XP for coach skills based on events in the game (on the field, recruiting, etc.)
      • Can use skill tree to help shore up some of your dificiencies...
      • HC Skills include: Kicker De-Icer, Overcome HFA effects, Player Motivation boosted in big games, can build recruiting style as start season strong vs end strong, Instant commit is a skill now,
      • Coordinator skills center around boosts to player ratings in the game: Can boost carry rating, QB guru teaches better THP/THA
      • CPU will utilize their sets of skills
      • Users can edit the coaching file just like a roster file... can edit coaches to match how you think their skill should be

• You can see what coaches are rated so that you can see how you stack up in recruiting & game
      • When you move from a Coordinator to HC, you get to apply your rank points to your HC skills.
      • In the offseason, if you want you can re-spec your skill tree and/or your assistants.
      • 27 total Head Coach skills
      • 9 skills for each coordinator
      • When you create your dynasty, you can set your preset skill level... if you want all users to start off high, you can do so.
      • New version of the match-up stick is in the game (unlocked with skill tree)... gives ability to compare strengths/weaknesses on the field
      • All applies to Online Dynasty as well as offline dynasty
      • Coaching contracts now based on program recent history vs projected (ex. Alabama expects to win 10 to 11 every season)
      • Contract screen now tracks 30 years of each schools history... shows real life results (ex what did Wyoming look like in the 80s)
      oweb26 -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      This looks interesting. Appears to have streamlined somethings yet at the same time added some new wrinkles that should increase strategy (how do I use my Coaching Skills XP).

I just hope it isn't "easier" as one article said to build your dynasty team up. I've always thought recruiting was too easy (especially at the big schools) and once your career lands you a HC at a traditional power its pretty much all over for the rest of the country.

Outside of setting the CPU to "cheat" or your own "house rules" I don't think you/they can overcome this. The CPU is so "static" that an user will always become dominant.

At a minimum the CPU would have to become alot smarter.
      texacotea -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Listening to the Press Row Podcast which seems to get more meat and potatoes than articles... I'll continue to update this as I go.

• Dynamic Pitches still in the game
      • Deal Breakers - if you are below a certain level for a pitch that a recruit considers most important, you won't even be able to recruit him.
      • Dynamic Pitches can help you overcome Deal Breakers (ie build up championship team rating through season)
      • Competitive/Complimentary visits... you have to be more strategic as to when you invite guys. If you invite a QB, you'll get a bonus for inviting an OL or WR that same weekend but two QBs in the same weekend will have a negative effect.
      I like this, its like pitching them the opportunity to play together. Also like where recruiting is heading.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post

Yeah, no more bringing a recruit in for UMASS or a bye week also
      morsdraconis -
      Wow. The temptation... Damn.
      gschwendt -
      • The later in the season your visit, the more bonus you'll get.
      • Set your points, can tweak from week to week or "set it and forget it"
      • Every team has the same number of recruiting points each week.
      • There are limits on how many points you can offer a player each week but through coach skills, you can increase that number.
      • Bonus points become the separator... bonus points come from the old recruit pitches.
      gschwendt -
      • Scouting uses the same pool of points as calls do. Will have to balance your budget with calling vs scouting.
      • Wanted to get Playoffs into the game but details still aren't ironed out... eg what criteria selection committee will use, will teams be seeded so as to avoid home field advantage (ex. LSU in the Sugar Bowl)
      • HC Skill Trees: Game Management & Recruiting. Trees individual to Offensive Coordinator and Defensive Coordinator
      • Earn XP for coach skills based on events in the game (on the field, recruiting, etc.)
      • Can use skill tree to help shore up some of your dificiencies...
      • HC Skills include: Kicker De-Icer, Overcome HFA effects, Player Motivation boosted in big games, can build recruiting style as start season strong vs end strong, Instant commit is a skill now,
      • Coordinator skills center around boosts to player ratings in the game: Can boost carry rating, QB guru teaches better THP/THA
      • CPU will utilize their sets of skills
      • Users can edit the coaching file just like a roster file... can edit coaches to match how you think their skill should be
      gschwendt -
      • You can see what coaches are rated so that you can see how you stack up in recruiting & game
      • When you move from a Coordinator to HC, you get to apply your rank points to your HC skills.
      • In the offseason, if you want you can re-spec your skill tree and/or your assistants.
      • 27 total Head Coach skills
      • 9 skills for each coordinator
      • When you create your dynasty, you can set your preset skill level... if you want all users to start off high, you can do so.
      • New version of the match-up stick is in the game (unlocked with skill tree)... gives ability to compare strengths/weaknesses on the field
      • All applies to Online Dynasty as well as offline dynasty
      • Coaching contracts now based on program recent history vs projected (ex. Alabama expects to win 10 to 11 every season)
      • Contract screen now tracks 30 years of each schools history... shows real life results (ex what did Wyoming look like in the 80s)
      jaymo76 -
      New matchup stick... now this I like. The EA trailer doesn't do enough justice for the additions.