• NCAA Football 14 Dynasty Info from around the web

Today is the release of NCAA Football 14 Dynasty Mode info. As various sources from around the web release information, we'll continue to update this post.
    Information comes from:
    • Game Informer
    • Tradition Sports
    • OS Press Row Podcast
    • Hardcore Gamers

GameInformer - Bolstering Its Blue-Chip Prospects?
    The phone call has been the centerpiece of NCAA's recruiting system since 2008, but series producer Ben Haumiller says it was never really meant to be that way. The mechanic was originally supposed to be a first step in a larger process, but somewhere along the way developer EA Tiburon became unwittingly more and more beholden to it. Recalling a realization the team had, Haumiller says, "We're not getting new features in dynasty because we're trying to recreate this phone call thing. Let's just cut this cord right now."

The excising of the recruiting phone call is just the start of changes for the process in NCAA 14. In its place is a more streamlined system that also puts more power in the hands of coaches and their staff.

-----

Tradition Sports - Dynasty Improvements – What it all means
    Article previews the Coaching Skills/Tree, changes to Recruiting: Point Bank, Deal Breakers, Bonus Points, Lock Outs, Dynamic Recruit Progression, Signing Day, and Pipelines.

-----

OS - Press Row Podcast - One on One with Ben Haumiller (Dynasty)
    It’s Episode 26 of the Press Row Podcast, as we welcome back 4-time guest Ben Haumiller to talk all about the new features available in online and offline Dynasty mode in this year’s NCAA 14. Ben goes into detail about the significant updates to recruiting, coaching, and more. As always. Ben’s enthusiasm for the game comes through loud and clear, as it’s an informative and entertaining session. Is it what you were hoping for?

-----

Hardcore Gamers - Recruiting to me is what gives NCAA Football its high level of replay-ability. Nothing better than stealing a 5 Star running back from one of my league members and then using that recruit to pound them into submission! This year, the focus of the development team was on creating a more faster, simpler, deeper, cleaner, experience. While NCAA Football recruiting has high replay-ability, it was also very time consuming, tedious, and repetitive. This was reflected in the community feedback the team received and they made a conscious effort to address community concerns. There is always a subtle balance between adding depth to a game mode and not also increasing the time it takes to play through the mode. The development team has done a very good job of streamlining recruiting while still adding even more depth to the already popular mode.

Keep up on all the latest NCAA Football 14 news & media heading into the July 9 release date with our NCAA 14 News & Info Central page. We'll provide all the best & latest information regarding improvements to Gameplay & Infinity Engine 2, Dynasty Mode, Presentation, and new features such as NCAA Football Ultimate Team & Play a Season.

NCAA Football 14 News & Information Central: http://tgt.pw/ncaa14info
    Comments 45 Comments
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      New matchup stick... now this I like. The EA trailer doesn't do enough justice for the additions.
      Yeah it sounds deeper than even EA is hyping it. Odd to say the least.
      gschwendt -
      Just FYI, I'm posting more details as I come across them in the Q&A thread including some of the coach skills not shown in the trailer along with how the new contract information appears.
      http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...l=1#post198171
      DJRhude -
      This all sounds interesting, I especially like the shorter offseasons
      hawkeyeguy -
      I like the stuff but it all comes down is did they do more work on the OD bugs and glitches that have turned this game craptastic the last few years? That's what I want to know
      Rudy -
      What new matchup stick Jaymo? Didn't see that.
      Jayrah -
      I thought some of the presentation stuff with dynamic season stuff was going to be in dynasty, like it has in the past. I think they're saving that for the "Season" presentation in a few weeks, which is exciting for that blog.

As far as what they worked on here; I love it. It probably won't cut MY time in recruiting down because I'm a microscope guy when it comes to recruiting. Except in the offseason, I hate the long 5 weeks, so I LOVE that the offseason will be quicker. The coaching is big too for me. This will make OD so much more enveloping.
      oweb26 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      It was in the OS podcast review I think. "G" posted it into one of his summaries on it. Read G's post around the OS Podcast it might actually be in this thread.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...-amp-A-Dynasty

See Post #17

New version of the match-up stick is in the game (unlocked with skill tree)... gives ability to compare strengths/weaknesses on the field
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      I thought some of the presentation stuff with dynamic season stuff was going to be in dynasty, like it has in the past. I think they're saving that for the "Season" presentation in a few weeks, which is exciting for that blog.

As far as what they worked on here; I love it. It probably won't cut MY time in recruiting down because I'm a microscope guy when it comes to recruiting. Except in the offseason, I hate the long 5 weeks, so I LOVE that the offseason will be quicker.
      I am pretty through the first half of the season but as the season goes along.....recruiting always became more of a chore than anything, so I think the "set it and forget it" way of recruiting will work for me.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      Yeah Gschwendt mentioned it in another thread. I am really excited about this. Matchup stick is something I have wanted to see since 07. This addition is huge for me.
      JeffHCross -
      Love the addition of the deal breaker. I love even more that it's actually called "deal breaker".
      CLW -
      Interesting from OS podcast. They had # on the fields but had to remove them due to the NCAA rule.
      beartide06 -
      Well, gentlemen, it has been quite some time since I've posted here (coming up on a year), but with good reason, I might add. I had a lot of personal events happen around late July that transpired into the fall and winter. I plan on posting a blog about those events, along with college football and the NCAA game, soon enough.

Aside from that, It's great to be back! All of the info rolling in sounds fantastic. It may not be perfect, but it seems to be another positive step forward. The match-up stick sounds intriguing. Nonetheless, I'll be making posts throughout the site once again!
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      Love the addition of the deal breaker. I love even more that it's actually called "deal breaker".
      thats one of the things we came up with in our recruiting discussions. *air five*
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
      Well, gentlemen, it has been quite some time since I've posted here (coming up on a year), but with good reason, I might add. I had a lot of personal events happen around late July that transpired into the fall and winter. I plan on posting a blog about those events, along with college football and the NCAA game, soon enough.

Aside from that, It's great to be back! All of the info rolling in sounds fantastic. It may not be perfect, but it seems to be another positive step forward. The match-up stick sounds intriguing. Nonetheless, I'll be making posts throughout the site once again!
      Good to see you back

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Good to see you back

pantherone26 -
      I'd like to know if the infinity engine changes the game enough to make us recruit differently. I don't know if I've ever even cared to research linemen's strength or quickness ratings. Mostly I look at skill position players based on speed and speed alone. I would think that with infinity in the game we would have to reevaluate prospects if it is implemented correctly.

It's also nice to know that this gen is about to end, that means we will finally get a good NCAA or two before they shift to the next gen and destroy all progress made! haha!
      beartide06 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Good to see you back

Thanks, man!
      AFrost20 -
      I am excited they have stream lined the recruiting process. I really enjoy it, but the most recent games have made it too tedious even for me. I like that you have to be strategic on who you invite to each specific official visit, instead of just loading everyone into your biggest home game each year. I hope it turns out as good as it sounds!
      SCClassof93 -
      New pic from EA Facebook
      JSmith03 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
      New pic from EA Facebook
      Looks like the that facemask is finally in...well I hope lol.
      dhook27 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JSmith03 View Post
      Looks like the that facemask is finally in...well I hope lol.
      yea i noticed that too looks like they have finally worked at least a little bit on equipment upgrades.