• NCAA Football 14 Ultimate Team Info From Around the Web

As more information about NCAA Football Ultimate Team is released, we'll continue to update this post with more information.

Continue on to read Ultimate Team previews from Operation Sports, Game Informer, Kotaku, and ESPN Playbook.

Operation Sports:
    It’s Episode 22 of the Press Row Podcast, a special Press Row One-on-One with NCAA Football 14 producer Ben Haumiller (@benhaumiller) and host Richard Grisham (@richgrisham) dedicated to the all-new NCAA Ultimate Team Mode – also known as “the mode they said couldn’t be done.” We talk all about how Ultimate Team came about for a college game, the different ways that players are being incorporated into the mode, and all the details about how the game is structured and played. In other words, everything you ever wanted to know about Ultimate Team but were afraid to ask.
    Click here to listen

GameInformer:
    EA Sports' Ultimate Team mode is finally coming to NCAA, and thankfully your deck won't be filled with QB #6 and HB #23, but with real-life football players.

In the Ultimate Team mode, you get a starter pack of player cards with which you play real games with in order to earn coins to buy more packs. By buying packs and competing in auctions to win specific player cards, you build up your roster with better and better players to compete against others online.
    Click here for more

Kotaku:
    A deal with the NFL Players' Association will give NCAA the rights to use 2,500 current NFL stars, pictured in their alma maters' uniforms, and build a pool of virtual trading cards just as large as Madden Ultimate Team, where the collection-and-player-management game has been running since 2010.
    Click here for more

ESPN Playbook:
    If you’re a football gamer already addicted to Ultimate Team mode in “Madden,” time to bury your wallet. The highly addictive card collecting and team building mode is finally making its way to the “NCAA Football” franchise, introducing new cards, new ways to play, and of course, new ways to spend your money to upgrade your team.
    Click here for more

Keep up on all the latest NCAA Football 14 news & media heading into the July 9 release date with our NCAA 14 News & Info Central page. We'll provide all the best & latest information regarding improvements to Gameplay & Infinity Engine 2, Dynasty Mode, Presentation, and new features such as NCAA Football Ultimate Team & Play a Season.

NCAA Football 14 News & Information Central: http://tgt.pw/ncaa14info
    Comments 39 Comments
      Coachdenz -
      Tommy how can they use real college players in this mode? I haven't been keeping up with the game a lot this year. This just seems like hey if were going out might as well go out with a bang... Taking about current law suit(O'bannon).
      Wisey105 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Coachdenz View Post
      Tommy how can they use real college players in this mode? I haven't been keeping up with the game a lot this year. This just seems like hey if were going out might as well go out with a bang... Taking about current law suit(O'bannon).
      There are no CURRENT college players in the mode. All the players used have already left college.
      gschwendt -
      All players are from the NFLPA license or individually licensed players from the past that don't fall under the NFLPA. For example, the Kotaku article mentions that Kirk Herbstreit will be a part of the mode; he never played in the NFL.
      JBHuskers -
      Been pretty busy at work today, so I haven't read through all the articles yet. But when we were down there, there was talk of making the Ultimate Team games have a shorter clock to be able to get through games quicker. That is one of the biggest reasons why I don't play Madden Ultimate Team much, but play FIFA Ultimate Team quite a bit. Hopefully that is the case; where you can fly through games, and not have to really grind to earn coins. I'll definitely give this a fair shot.
      jaymo76 -
      Zero interest in the mode before the announcement. I have even less interest now. These modes don't appeal to me but I understand why EA does them. Have fun for those of you who play this mode.
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Been pretty busy at work today, so I haven't read through all the articles yet. But when we were down there, there was talk of making the Ultimate Team games have a shorter clock to be able to get through games quicker. That is one of the biggest reasons why I don't play Madden Ultimate Team much, but play FIFA Ultimate Team quite a bit. Hopefully that is the case; where you can fly through games, and not have to really grind to earn coins. I'll definitely give this a fair shot.
      madden has 2 minute qtr games in MUT but you only get like 425 tokens
      ram29jackson -
      bummer...boring..they didn't incorporate team builder.
      ram29jackson -
      LOL at the podcast being 53 minutes. It should take no more than 10 minutes to get the majority details out. What a bunch of pointless time consuming fluff. Its already obvious the mode is MUT-like so just spit out the info and move on.
      CLW -
      This is pretty much what I figured it would be. I'm hoping/praying they do not incorporate any trophies to Ultimate Team but I'm not holding my breath.
      ram29jackson -

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

you can type in the team name you want but it also appears you get a team name for audio....maybe logo placement in stadium ? nah that's asking too much
      TIMB0B -
      It sounds to me like this is their answer to those players and the lawsuit. Pay them handsomely and feature them on Ultimate Team.
      SCClassof93 -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      Zero interest in the mode before the announcement. I have even less interest now. These modes don't appeal to me but I understand why EA does them. Have fun for those of you who play this mode.
      +1

Bet this is what we get instead of dynasty and AI improvements
      SCClassof93 -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      This is pretty much what I figured it would be. I'm hoping/praying they do not incorporate any trophies to Ultimate Team but I'm not holding my breath.
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by TIMB0B View Post
      It sounds to me like this is their answer to those players and the lawsuit. Pay them handsomely and feature them on Ultimate Team.
      For a whole host of reasons NO it cannot will not stop anything resembling the current lawsuit. (i.e. former and current NCAA players)

The ONLY thing the agreement with the NFLPA does is prevent similar lawsuits made by current NFL Players and/or their union against EA for using their "likeness" in ultimate team in NCAA 14 (and perhaps future editions of it).

I suppose EA could have tried to sneak in something along the lines of a settlement agreement for prior committed torts for its past games but its not likely and I'm not even sure the NFLPA has the authority to sign away current/former members lawsuits for torts committed against them prior to their union membership.
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
      +1

Bet this is what we get instead of dynasty and AI improvements
      Dynasty info still to come...
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      For a whole host of reasons NO it cannot will not stop anything resembling the current lawsuit. (i.e. former and current NCAA players)

The ONLY thing the agreement with the NFLPA does is prevent similar lawsuits made by current NFL Players and/or their union against EA for using their "likeness" in ultimate team in NCAA 14 (and perhaps future editions of it).

I suppose EA could have tried to sneak in something along the lines of a settlement agreement for prior committed torts for its past games but its not likely and I'm not even sure the NFLPA has the authority to sign away current/former members lawsuits for torts committed against them prior to their union membership.
      This lawsuit is totally ridiculous anyway...
      psuexv -
      I have an issue with all current NFL players being in, not all of them were great in College. These should be legends of college football.
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      This lawsuit is totally ridiculous anyway...
      I agree but unfortunately I'm not the Federal Judge in charge of the case. If I were the case would have already been dismissed and decided on appeal by now on the 1st Amendment defense/argument EA tried a LONG time ago.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
      I have an issue with all current NFL players being in, not all of them were great in College. These should be legends of college football.
      Yeah, but that's why guys like Arian Foster are rated in the low to mid 70's.
      ram29jackson -
      theres some reference by the the youtube wyza guy that 1AA schools are in the game to some extent...and M Singletary is in the game