• NCAA Football 14 Ultimate Team Info From Around the Web

As more information about NCAA Football Ultimate Team is released, we'll continue to update this post with more information.

Continue on to read Ultimate Team previews from Operation Sports, Game Informer, Kotaku, and ESPN Playbook.

Operation Sports:
    It’s Episode 22 of the Press Row Podcast, a special Press Row One-on-One with NCAA Football 14 producer Ben Haumiller (@benhaumiller) and host Richard Grisham (@richgrisham) dedicated to the all-new NCAA Ultimate Team Mode – also known as “the mode they said couldn’t be done.” We talk all about how Ultimate Team came about for a college game, the different ways that players are being incorporated into the mode, and all the details about how the game is structured and played. In other words, everything you ever wanted to know about Ultimate Team but were afraid to ask.
    Click here to listen

GameInformer:
    EA Sports' Ultimate Team mode is finally coming to NCAA, and thankfully your deck won't be filled with QB #6 and HB #23, but with real-life football players.

In the Ultimate Team mode, you get a starter pack of player cards with which you play real games with in order to earn coins to buy more packs. By buying packs and competing in auctions to win specific player cards, you build up your roster with better and better players to compete against others online.
    Click here for more

Kotaku:
    A deal with the NFL Players' Association will give NCAA the rights to use 2,500 current NFL stars, pictured in their alma maters' uniforms, and build a pool of virtual trading cards just as large as Madden Ultimate Team, where the collection-and-player-management game has been running since 2010.
    Click here for more

ESPN Playbook:
    If you’re a football gamer already addicted to Ultimate Team mode in “Madden,” time to bury your wallet. The highly addictive card collecting and team building mode is finally making its way to the “NCAA Football” franchise, introducing new cards, new ways to play, and of course, new ways to spend your money to upgrade your team.
    Click here for more

Keep up on all the latest NCAA Football 14 news & media heading into the July 9 release date with our NCAA 14 News & Info Central page. We'll provide all the best & latest information regarding improvements to Gameplay & Infinity Engine 2, Dynasty Mode, Presentation, and new features such as NCAA Football Ultimate Team & Play a Season.

NCAA Football 14 News & Information Central: http://tgt.pw/ncaa14info
    Comments 39 Comments
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      This is pretty much what I figured it would be. I'm hoping/praying they do not incorporate any trophies to Ultimate Team but I'm not holding my breath.
      Guaranteed there will be a few.
      psuexv -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Yeah, but that's why guys like Arian Foster are rated in the low to mid 70's.
      Well that at least makes sense
      SmoothPancakes -
      Guaranteed there will be a few.
      Because EA was spawned from the depths of Satan's anus when it comes to achievements.

Thanks a lot EA. Force me to play this crap if I want to get all the achievements in the game. Thanks for nothing.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      theres some reference by the the youtube wyza guy that 1AA schools are in the game to some extent...and M Singletary is in the game
      I listened to some of his video and he was confused. He didn't realize that there are 126 FBS schools now; he thought some of those were FCS/1AA schools.
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      I listened to some of his video and he was confused. He didn't realize that there are 126 FBS schools now; he thought some of those were FCS/1AA schools.
      LOL nevermind then
      PeteyKirch -
      Well, at least I'll get to use Ray Rice when I pick Rutgers.

I wonder how many players from each school there will be.

I figure ND, UF, Miami, USC, Texas, and Bama will most likely have 10-15 each.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      LOL nevermind then
      I went back through the article and re-read the section that EA SPORTS NO LONGER HAS THE LICENSE FOR FCS SCHOOLS!!! Well, there goes my dream of seeing FCS back in NCAA Football. That is a major, major disappointment!
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      I went back through the article and re-read the section that EA SPORTS NO LONGER HAS THE LICENSE FOR FCS SCHOOLS!!! Well, there goes my dream of seeing FCS back in NCAA Football. That is a major, major disappointment!
      Why would they carry the license for something they don't use? I'm sure that, if they decided to add those schools in on next gen, they could get the license again.

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.
      Jayrah -
      Yes I fail to see the issue here as well... I don't care in the least about the FCS schools, mostly because I would still never put them in my schedule
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      Why would they carry the license for something they don't use? I'm sure that, if they decided to add those schools in on next gen, they could get the license again.

But that's my point Steeler. The fact they dropped the FCS license was what disappointed me as I was holding out hope that FCS would make it back in this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      Yes I fail to see the issue here as well... I don't care in the least about the FCS schools, mostly because I would still never put them in my schedule
      Then on this we will agree to disagree. A good portion of teams schedule FCS every year. I like the added "realism" of being able to schedule JMU over "FCS East." Back on PS2 I would schedule an FCS/Div II school every season just to add to the variety and experience. If people such as yourself don't want to schedule FCS I have no problem with that. However, there are a good portion of us that miss this feature from PS2 days.
      GatorfanStovy -
      So i will be able to us Tebow and Harvin again sweet ?
      steelerfan -
      Understood, jaymo. No hope for 14, let's hope next gen changes things.

Jayrah -
      But that's my point Steeler. The fact they dropped the FCS license was what disappointed me as I was holding out hope that FCS would make it back in this year.
      Then on this we will agree to disagree. A good portion of teams schedule FCS every year. I like the added "realism" of being able to schedule JMU over "FCS East." Back on PS2 I would schedule an FCS/Div II school every season just to add to the variety and experience. If people such as yourself don't want to schedule FCS I have no problem with that. However, there are a good portion of us that miss this feature from PS2 days.
      Yeah I hear ya. Guess I just hate the 70-0 shilacking
      JBHuskers -
      The good thing about next gen, you will be able to do more, and hopefully the PS3 is not tied down by the 360 (because the game has to have the same content). Little things like crowd, sidelines, etc. should be doable with next gen. Hopefully the 360 specs are up to par with the PS4 specs. If they're better , then DAMN cuz the PS4 specs are nice.
      Jayrah -
      The good thing about next gen, you will be able to do more, and hopefully the PS3 is not tied down by the 360 (because the game has to have the same content). Little things like crowd, sidelines, etc. should be doable with next gen. Hopefully the 360 specs are up to par with the PS4 specs. If they're better , then DAMN cuz the PS4 specs are nice.
      You mean the 720?
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      You mean the 720?
      Yeah, or whatever the hell they will call it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
      GatorfanStovy -
      The new name is Xbox One people
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
      The new name is Xbox One people
      yeah I saw that the very next day when they released the info.