• Gamezone: NCAA Football 14 Will Not Have the College Football Playoff

Fans of the EASPORTS NCAA Football series have long asked for some sort of a playoff system in the Dynasty mode, if nothing else than to spice up the postseason play that is run by a pseudo BCS system. Ultimately that decision most likely comes down to the NCAA rather than EASPORTS itself. With the recent announcement of the College Football Playoff, some were hoping that NCAA Football 14 would have a playoff system implemented. Today we find out that it will not.

GameZone.com received word from an EA Representative that said NCAA Football 14 will continue to use the BCS as post-season play.

"The BCS will continue as the post-season format for all years of Dynasty," an EA representative told me on behalf of NCAA Football 14 producer Ben Haumiller.

"We don’t yet have all the info about how the playoff system will work, including who will make up the selection committee and what their criteria will be for picking the playoff teams, and it’s our policy to not include anything in-game that hasn’t been approved and finalized by the NCAA," he explained.

With the real-life details still to be ironed out, it comes as little suprirse at this point seeing as how in order to implement something like this, EA would have to have had details in place months ago and even then, would have to have the BCS system for use as the first season while the playoffs took over after that.

The article considers that a playoff system could be patched in but don't expect it considering that it would essentially require double-duty for EA to implement that... implement it in NCAA 14 with what little details are known, then correct the changes that are needed for NCAA 15. Instead, they could just implement it once, correctly, in NCAA 15.

Keep up on all the latest NCAA Football 14 news & media heading into the July 9 release date with our NCAA 14 News & Info Central page. We'll provide all the best & latest information regarding improvements to Gameplay & Infinity Engine 2, Dynasty Mode, Presentation, and new features such as NCAA Football Ultimate Team & Play a Season.

NCAA Football 14 News & Information Central: http://tgt.pw/ncaa14info
    Comments 58 Comments
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Won't happen. 110% sure.

Not til NCAA 15.
      Assuming said title is produced. I gotta BAD feeling the series may be near its end due to the lawsuits.
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Assuming said title is produced. I gotta BAD feeling the series may be near its end due to the lawsuits.
      IF that's the case... (and personally I'm not really worried about it), I hope they are able to release 15. There's are just a few things that need to be fixed up that imo would make it a multi-year playable game.
      dhook27 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      IF that's the case... (and personally I'm not really worried about it), I hope they are able to release 15. There's are just a few things that need to be fixed up that imo would make it a multi-year playable game.
      it would have to be a multi-year playable game because after 15 who knows if the series will still exists
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by dhook27 View Post
      it would have to be a multi-year playable game because after 15 who knows if the series will still exists
      That's what I'm sayin...
      GatorBait06NC -
      typical mindless EA basher
      Actually guy, not bashing anything. Just stating what everyone already knows. That NCAA is full of bugs year in and year out. Speaking of mindless, take a look in the mirror. Also realize that the one line I typed was just a summary of both NCAA and Madden. I could sit here and break down why the football games are so bad, like having no competition and EA having a monopoly over football gaming, the same glitches in the game every year, and numerous others.

Someone said the game would be better without real NCAA licensed teams and that is just preposterous. The only reason people buy the game is because it has real life teams, stadiums, etc. And because it's the only game out. So if you love College Football and want to play it, you have to buy EA's game good or bad.

Lastly, I don't think there is such thing as a mindless EA basher you moron. Do you realize that EA was voted the WORST COMPANY IN AMERICA. OVER BANK OF FREAKING AMERICA???

EA had real competition in pro basketball and 2k literally buried EA's NBA game. EA also killed NASCAR, College basketball, and is soon to kill MMA. EA got the UFC licenses even after EA MMA was the worst combat game I have ever seen. Luckily for MLB and NBA fans, Sony and 2k have stepped up and made superior games. EA has proven time and time again that they cannot release a good NFL game. The college game is better than Madden, but it is always lacking. Also, there is always some huge problem that takes months to patch.

Would a mindless EA basher remember in NCAA 09 when there was a glitch when trying to name every team or NCAA 12 when you edited a scrambling QB, it would change him to a pocket passer. What about that conference scheduling glitch where you play one team on the road every year, and it damages recruiting. Don't even get me started on the tragedy that is recruiting. Recruiting is finally starting to come around, but now we are about to transfer to a new console.

The current consoles came out, EA's games were horrible. Now that they are finally getting better, they have to start over again.

Want two more bonus reasons that bashing EA is never mindless. Season Showdown and Ultimate Team. Nobody cares about that garbage. Spend time improving the game instead of adding cheesy and gimmicky features just to squeeze a dollar out of a consumer. They want you to spend money and buy packs of cards to play with those players. EA will screw you any way that they can. You don't get voted worst company in America over a bank that almost killed the economy for no reason. Anyone who bashes that company isn't mindless. Everyone is aware except for dhook, who has prob never played a good sports game so he has nothing to compare.
      GatorBait06NC -
      Are you still talking about the playoff system that won't be in college football till 2014? Why should they put that in the 2013 version of the game? It will be in the game before we see it IRL, how is that not ok?
      There are teams in conferences now that will be in new conferences in 2014, EA allows you to make that future change. So why not allow you to input the biggest change in the history of college football.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC View Post
      Lastly, I don't think there is such thing as a mindless EA basher you moron. Do you realize that EA was voted the WORST COMPANY IN AMERICA. OVER BANK OF FREAKING AMERICA???

EA had real competition in pro basketball and 2k literally buried EA's NBA game. EA also killed NASCAR, College basketball, and is soon to kill MMA. EA got the UFC licenses even after EA MMA was the worst combat game I have ever seen. Luckily for MLB and NBA fans, Sony and 2k have stepped up and made superior games. EA has proven time and time again that they cannot release a good NFL game. The college game is better than Madden, but it is always lacking. Also, there is always some huge problem that takes months to patch.
      Two things, first that whole Worst Company in America proves that people voting are bunch of fucking retards. You're going to vote a video game company the worst company just because you don't like the products (games) they put out, even though nobody and nothing forces you to buy them, over company that basically steal money from people with bullshit fees and then swindle people (albeit fucktard people) out of their homes and cars with bullshit lending practices. But yeah, EA is truly the worst company in the America because they put out games with some broken features in it. That whole worst company in America is nothing but a hack job of "voting".

Second, I seriously hope you're just mentioning 2K when it comes to NBA, because if you mention 2K and MLB when you make your "stepped up and made superior games" comment, then you have lost all credibility with me. MLB2K was one of the glitchiest, buggiest, biggest piles of shit I have ever seen in the last 5 years. WORSE than even NCAA and Madden.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by gatorbait06nc View Post
      there are teams in conferences now that will be in new conferences in 2014, ea allows you to make that future change. So why not allow you to input the biggest change in the history of college football.
      Because we don't know the goddamn details yet. We don't know how many people will be on the "board" that will be selecting the teams, we don't know what criteria they're going to use, we don't know what polls or ranking or whatever that they're going to consider, we don't know how much leverage they're going to give to things like strength of schedule. We don't know anything other than the damn basics!!!

Edit - Damn, I typed that all out in all caps for effect, and got slapped by the forum software.
      Jayrah -
      I agree with both Gator and Smooth... Calling someone a mindless EA basher when you have less than 100 posts on a very established site full of very intelligent people is a bit off base and is worthy of a response. But Gator, why would you trust a vote that puts any video game company as the "worst company in America"? I mean, who voted... A bank? 2K mods? Was there a video game player among the group? Talk about typical, the American voting system is all about finding the people that will support your theory and polling them, which is very unreliable to say the least.

From Forbes:

Is it deserved? No. If we’re being honest, it’s not. There are dozens of companies that are technically, legitimately, actually
      worse than EA in terms of how much harm they directly cause people, and many of them are on this list. Rather, Consumerist’s poll doesn’t gauge this. Instead, it’s a measure of how annoyed the internet is with a certain brand at the moment.
      For as long as this contest is about that, EA is sure to be victorious unless they make some major changes.

Links from a hundred gaming sites and countless threads on forums like /v/, NeoGAF and Reddit all but ensured EA’s victory here from day one. It was never going to be close, and EA won this year with 78% of the vote. There are simply not enough equivalent communities on the internet where people go to complain about Bank of America’s fee structures or United’s carry-on bag policies en masse, except of course Consumerist itself."

Gator, that's your argument buddy...? It's not easy that people are pissed at EA, they're just mad this and that didn't make it into their game... SMH that's a horrible poll that means JACK DIDDLY DIDDLED YOUR SISTER'S DILLY. Or in other words, absolutely crap.

And then on the basis of basically winging the "biggest change in the history of college football", like Smooth pointed out, we still don't know what the system is all about. EA is right to not spend the money and resources to put in a system that will take an entire year to implement and probably have to get totally scrapped and overhauled the very next year based on variables that haven't been accounted for. Also, adding a system like that takes up valuable space, you can't just allow us the option to "input" it after year one and call it good. The entire BCS system that they have in place will have to be rebuilt for this based on thousands of variables.
      countryboy -
      Quote Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC View Post
      There are teams in conferences now that will be in new conferences in 2014, EA allows you to make that future change. So why not allow you to input the biggest change in the history of college football.
      So you complain that the game has bugs, which it does, and you STILL want them to very late in the cycle, rip out the logic they have for the postseason and re-write it? Do you not think that trying to quickly change something will lead to more bugs/glitches than something that takes a whole year to write?

Look, I want the playoffs in the game as well, but not at the expense of taking something out at the last minute and re-coding everything and then putting back in. It's not as simple as pressing the delete key on the keyboard, typing something out and then pressing ENTER.
      dhook27 -
      Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
      So you complain that the game has bugs, which it does, and you STILL want them to very late in the cycle, rip out the logic they have for the postseason and re-write it? Do you not think that trying to quickly change something will lead to more bugs/glitches than something that takes a whole year to write?

Look, I want the playoffs in the game as well, but not at the expense of taking something out at the last minute and re-coding everything and then putting back in. It's not as simple as pressing the delete key on the keyboard, typing something out and then pressing ENTER.
      ��this is what I mean country boy u hit it right on the spot,EA bashers think it is so easy just to put something in.
      Jayrah -
      ��this is what I mean country boy u hit it right on the spot,EA bashers think it is so easy just to put something in.
      He's at 99 posts and counting folks.
      SmoothPancakes -
      I agree with both Gator and Smooth... Calling someone a mindless EA basher when you have less than 100 posts on a very established site full of very intelligent people is a bit off base and is worthy of a response. But Gator, why would you trust a vote that puts any video game company as the "worst company in America"? I mean, who voted... A bank? 2K mods? Was there a video game player among the group? Talk about typical, the American voting system is all about finding the people that will support your theory and polling them, which is very unreliable to say the least.

From Forbes:

Is it deserved? No. If we’re being honest, it’s not. There are dozens of companies that are technically, legitimately, actually
      worse than EA in terms of how much harm they directly cause people, and many of them are on this list. Rather, Consumerist’s poll doesn’t gauge this. Instead, it’s a measure of how annoyed the internet is with a certain brand at the moment.
      For as long as this contest is about that, EA is sure to be victorious unless they make some major changes.

Links from a hundred gaming sites and countless threads on forums like /v/, NeoGAF and Reddit all but ensured EA’s victory here from day one. It was never going to be close, and EA won this year with 78% of the vote. There are simply not enough equivalent communities on the internet where people go to complain about Bank of America’s fee structures or United’s carry-on bag policies en masse, except of course Consumerist itself."

Gator, that's your argument buddy...? It's not easy that people are pissed at EA, they're just mad this and that didn't make it into their game... SMH that's a horrible poll that means JACK DIDDLY DIDDLED YOUR SISTER'S DILLY. Or in other words, absolutely crap.

And then on the basis of basically winging the "biggest change in the history of college football", like Smooth pointed out, we still don't know what the system is all about. EA is right to not spend the money and resources to put in a system that will take an entire year to implement and probably have to get totally scrapped and overhauled the very next year based on variables that haven't been accounted for. Also, adding a system like that takes up valuable space, you can't just allow us the option to "input" it after year one and call it good. The entire BCS system that they have in place will have to be rebuilt for this based on thousands of variables.
      X

People would be bashing EA more than they do now if EA added in some half-assed playoff, and in the process, broke something else trying to get the playoff added in an extremely limited amount of time. That's why I'm fine with them waiting another year. Gives the NCAA time to actually put together the FULL details and specifics of the playoff, and give EA a year to work on implementing the playoff into the game.
      CLW -
      I agree with both Gator and Smooth... Calling someone a mindless EA basher when you have less than 100 posts on a very established site full of very intelligent people is a bit off base and is worthy of a response.
      who are these very intelligent people. you must be referring to

He's at 99 posts and counting folks.
      I don't think comparing post counts is a very solid argument to throw up against someone. Especially considering my QUEST to redistribute the wealth of posts from my enemies here at TGT to others so that they have a fair shot at surviving here at TGT.
      JBHuskers -
      Let's not forget that poll is from a website running on Wordpress. Not exactly Forbes The only people who paid attention to it were those who are into gaming. (or got stuck with overdraft fees)
      dhook27 -

I don't think comparing post counts is a very solid argument to throw up against someone. Especially considering my QUEST to redistribute the wealth of posts from my enemies here at TGT to others so that they have a fair shot at surviving here at TGT.
      Jayrah -

Intelligent ppl? ... Well, now that you ask ...

On the post count issue, I wasn't "comparing" just saying that jumping on and calling someone a mindless EA basher without knowing anybody very well and while still truly un-established on any site is not a way to make friends. Bringing intelligent arguments to the table is the way to accomplish your goal there, not name calling. HOWEVER, name calling is eventually ok, we do have some class clowns and we give them crap all the time. They really are mindless...
      JeffHCross -
      This whole thread: