• NCAA Football 14 - Latest Screenshots

Over the past week, EA SPORTS has posted additional NCAA Football 14 screenshots featuring Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Miami, Texas, Texas A&M, Virginia Tech, and West Virginia. Continue on to view the screenshots and share your thoughts in the comments below.

Make sure to keep up with all of the latest game info with our NCAA Football 14 News & Information Central.

Keep up on all the latest NCAA Football 14 news & media heading into the July 9 release date with our NCAA 14 News & Info Central page. We'll provide all the best & latest information regarding improvements to Gameplay & Infinity Engine 2, Dynasty Mode, Presentation, and new features such as NCAA Football Ultimate Team & Play a Season.

NCAA Football 14 News & Information Central: http://tgt.pw/ncaa14info
    Comments 50 Comments
      dhook27 -
      no new elite adidas or UA socks c'mon EA hopefully they are added
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by dhook27 View Post
      no new elite adidas or UA socks c'mon EA hopefully they are added
      They got the players' cups all wrong too. I happen to know for a FACT that players wear the biggest cups in all the land. this game is simply UNPLAYABLE fml!
      jaymo76 -
      This visuals look great... they do every year. However, I do prefer the models better in Madden. Still shots in this series always look great. Where they lose their crispness is in acutal gameplay footage.
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      I'm really disappointed how we've had the same cleats for 4 years in a row now and no new socks either! If those were added, visuals would be complete lol
      Jayrah -
      Socks just simply aren't a big deal to ... 99.9% of the NCAA crowd. I'm a gameplay guy as much as the next, but, since there is a team for only presentation and graphics we can expect things like that to be addressed. If the gameplay team and graphics team were the same, I can say that I wouldn't ever expect that to be updated, but honestly we should realistically be able to expect that all gear and/or uniforms get updated year to year or at least every couple. Here are a few good things that stand out to me about all the new screenies:

+ The shots and lighting are once again even more gorgeous than last year. The UF/UGA shot is especially pretty on the lighting end of things

+ Surprisingly the crowds don't look as bad as I thought. Matter of fact they could probably add more characters to the NCAA crowd. I just wished they reacted better and with more realism in both movement and sound. It's been getting better though for sure.

+ The cutbacks look awesome in this game but I have yet to see a defender in "break down" mechanic, which is supposed to be new. I hope the defender look as crisp as the offense when changing direction.

Now for things that could be fixed... All EA needs to do is take a football pic and compare it to their own. Then improve based on that.

Quick hits on easy things that could be improved on as far as uniform goes:

- Shoulder sleeves need to be elastic and no longer extend further down the arm than the pad. Numbers and stripes should then be scaled to match length. Basically if you look at the pictures, the NCAA sleeves need to be redone completely and the problem is that the shoulder pad and arm are all one rounded piece.

- On that note, the shoulder pads are just simply too bulky. They have gotten better but need to be more "flexible" or form fitting to the edge of the shoulder. IRL the piece that protects the side (right above the bicep) is a flexible flap that rolls straight down under the shoulder pad.

**However even though I would like it, I don't think they'll update player models until next gen comes out. It just wouldn't make any financial sense. Hopefully when that does happen the models resemble a true to life characters, including a little bigger helmet-to-shoulder pad ratio.

**So onto things that COULD/SHOULD be updated

- Updated face masks would make a pretty big difference in these shots imo. As you can see in the real life pictures, the revo-facemasks are not close and badly need updating.

- Emblems and numbers are too small and stripes are too big. It's pretty clear that the emblems and numbers need to be about 33% more than their current size and while the stripes really aren't that big of a deal, it would help the overall look.

- Helmet colors and emblems aren't nearly dark enough. It's still as if they are "washed out" a little bit. Same deal with the Emblems here as they should be significantly bigger.

I see all that just in these pictures as a fan. These guys say they LIVE the game, yet it's pretty amazing to me how the NCAA graphics team has allowed things such as emblems and helmet color to be that far off tune. It's not about major lighting any more, it's about NOT paying attention to the details, which is shocking for people that spend all that time photo-comparing and watching film and art designing. Just simply shocking.
      oweb26 -
      Maybe its just me, but they are close enough and can't you choose to make their sleeves tight to the shoulder pads? I can't remember the name of the option but I am pretty sure you could.

Anyway maybe its just me and simply put that I dont care about things like that.
      dhook27 -
      also add adidas gloves for schools sponsored by adidas
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
      Maybe its just me, but they are close enough and can't you choose to make their sleeves tight to the shoulder pads? I can't remember the name of the option but I am pretty sure you could.

Anyway maybe its just me and simply put that I dont care about things like that.
      You would care if the player models looked better. And yes there's the option to do the short sleeves, however it bunches up the numbers and emblems when it shouldn't, and the point is that there aren't long sleeves any more and anybody who claims to keep up with and watch as much college football as much as they do should know that. It's a pretty simple concept.

No it's not a big deal but it would make a fairly significant difference in the look and feel of the players and since these dev guys are simply devoted to presentation and graphics there's no excuse for missing details like that. Remember the same thing was said before we moved to this generation of consoles and it HAS made a significant difference in the approach to the look of the game and the way players move and react. It all kind of ties in as "if it looks better, it will feel better". Even if you're only an animation guy and don't care about models all that much, if it looks better you can appreciate it more and it will feel more realistic, which is what we all want.

Again though, my issue is that there is an entire team devoted to the graphics of the game, to miss clear details like that is pretty bad. It's the same approach they take to the rest of the game too though. For anyone who watches as much football as they do, it shouldn't have to take bringing in an offensive lineman to get the blocking schemes right. It also shouldn't take an offensive lineman to deal with the basics of reworking the blocking game. It's the same concept in my mind as having a graphics team do a piss-poor job with the shoulder pads and facemask options.
      Wisey105 -
      Take a closer look at the Gameplay teaser video.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Wisey105 View Post
      Take a closer look at the Gameplay teaser video.
      And what would you know? Oh... wait... nevermind
      Wisey105 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      And what would you know? Oh... wait... nevermind
      Whaaat? I totally, just spotted it in the video...honest...

We are still trying to finish up some stuff, so I haven't been paying as much attention to the playbook stuff. I don't really notice it until they come out. Still in my own little world right now. I'll talk about more when I can.
      Jayrah -
      Always love that wisey comes and hangs out with us! Love ya wise!!!!
      countryboy -
      This!

And I'm hoping they added UofL's gloves that make the Cardinal when put together.
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
      This!

And I'm hoping they added UofL's gloves that make the Cardinal when put together.
      Those definitely won't be in the game. EA WAY too lazy to go team specific on gloves. Plus if there's one thing that you will NEVER see in game, it's the inside of the gloves lol. I don't think I've ever seen it in a REAL game to be honest.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      Those definitely won't be in the game. EA WAY too lazy to go team specific on gloves. Plus if there's one thing that you will NEVER see in game, it's the inside of the gloves lol. I don't think I've ever seen it in a REAL game to be honest.
      Ahem...

real life version:
      Spoiler: show
      dhook27 -
      Ahem...
      Yes will they be for every team that has logos on gloves tho? Hopefully OH ST gloves are in too.
      Deuce -
      Ahem...

real life version:
      Ok...that's pretty funny. Of course, I didn't think they'd be in the game either.
      bdoughty -
      Wow something you only see in replays/cut scenes and we still do not have something as basic as the chain crew on the sidelines. Tecmo Super Bowl on the NES has yard markers for cripes sake. Color me unimpressed.
      Jayrah -
      Ahem...

real life version:
      BAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHHHAHAHHAHAHA

Uh....... DOH!

So yeeeeeah.... about those socks....
      Jayrah -
      In all seriousness, that's pretty awesome that they get those gloves in. I have no words for how they can be so detailed on gloves but don't get the right facemasks in the game? Then again, maybe I'll just wait till Thursday before talking again on presentation. Clearly, they've exceeded my expectations.