• Machinima Sports Interviews Ben Haumiller

Machinima Sports has posted a brief interview with NCAA Football Producer Ben Haumiller in which some new gameplay elements are discussed. Continue on to watch the video and then share your thoughts with the community.

Keep up on all the latest NCAA Football 14 news & media heading into the July 9 release date with our NCAA 14 News & Info Central page. We'll provide all the best & latest information regarding improvements to Gameplay & Infinity Engine 2, Dynasty Mode, Presentation, and new features such as NCAA Football Ultimate Team & Play a Season.

NCAA Football 14 News & Information Central: http://tgt.pw/ncaa14info
    Comments 18 Comments
      ram29jackson -
      nice controller in the background
      cdj -
      What do you guys think of the "defensive breakdown" feature mentioned in the video? That is what I am most anxious to see in gameplay videos and to see in demo/retail. That could really be beneficial when playing D.
      Deuce -
      This is going to be huge for me... Most of the time I have my finger on the sprint button and run right past the ball carrier.
      I'm guessing we'll have to use the left trigger or something to 'breakdown'? It won't be auto will it?
      ram29jackson -
      just saying...the last in game clip, the Hokie's 34 is backwards

plays based on package in hurry up is as good as being able to see formation at play call like I suggested, if it works?
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      What do you guys think of the "defensive breakdown" feature mentioned in the video? That is what I am most anxious to see in gameplay videos and to see in demo/retail. That could really be beneficial when playing D.
      Sounds really good but the question is do we do it "on the sticks" or is it an automatic thing? My #1 concern right now is guys can just juke/spin/truck right through any defender regardless of ratings. The only "big" thing until that video they really gave to the D was the "hit stick is back" which lead me to worries of that being your only line of defense to "Clowney" everyone and force a ton of fumbles.
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Sounds really good but the question is do we do it "on the sticks" or is it an automatic thing? My #1 concern right now is guys can just juke/spin/truck right through any defender regardless of ratings. The only "big" thing until that video they really gave to the D was the "hit stick is back" which lead me to worries of that being your only line of defense to "Clowney" everyone and force a ton of fumbles.
      LMFAO

"Clowney" someone. What a FANTASTIC term!
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      LMFAO

Remember a couple years ago when everyone got up in arms that the bullrush was going to be overdone? My guess is that those comments are the same damn thing.

I'm not sure what the hell people expect. Should they talk about something they've added and then show 5 examples of it not happening?

Not jumping on you Bill, or anyone for that matter. I just can't understand what people expect, it's ridiculous.

Enviado de meu SAMSUNG SGH I997 usando o Tapatalk 2
      psusnoop -
      I agree , it was just the other release when everyone was blowing up over something that rarely happens and now I'm pumped when I can get that animation to trigger and payoff that I will never jump off the bridge over early release vids or comments ever.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      Remember a couple years ago when everyone got up in arms that the bullrush was going to be overdone? My guess is that those comments are the same damn thing.

I'm not sure what the hell people expect. Should they talk about something they've added and then show 5 examples of it not happening?

Not jumping on you Bill, or anyone for that matter. I just can't understand what people expect, it's ridiculous.

Enviado de meu SAMSUNG SGH I997 usando o Tapatalk 2

Like I said before, they are going to show extremes for hype. It's by far not an indication that it will be the norm.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
      psusnoop -
      Exactly, gotta highlight and draw attention to these things for hype nothing more.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post

my only concern with the "defensive breakdown" is that its gonna take you to a strafe mode kind of thing and you'll end up losing all momentum you have. and given how they've been pumping up the hype for increased effectiveness for stiff arms and truck moves, i'm not sure how useful the breakdown will be. you'll probably be less susceptible to getting faked out by a juke but if it means that you'll get trucked and stiff armed 3/4 of the time, makes me wonder if its worth breaking down at all or continue like with how we tackle now....idk. i need to see more and longer length vids of it for a better judgement.
      Jayrah -
      LMFAO

Sure is

You just got Clowney'd SON! It's even better than "Clown'd On" hahaha
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
      my only concern with the "defensive breakdown" is that its gonna take you to a strafe mode kind of thing and you'll end up losing all momentum you have. and given how they've been pumping up the hype for increased effectiveness for stiff arms and truck moves, i'm not sure how useful the breakdown will be. you'll probably be less susceptible to getting faked out by a juke but if it means that you'll get trucked and stiff armed 3/4 of the time, makes me wonder if its worth breaking down at all or continue like with how we tackle now....idk. i need to see more and longer length vids of it for a better judgement.
      This. I wish the hit stick was more or less a multiple tackle stick. Flicking down should be a low tackle (I guess more or less a hit stick tackle, where the defender ducks the shoulder into the legs) and then when you're "staffing" or breaking down with the left trigger at the same time, defender should try a leg wrap tackle instead of a big hit. Same with high tackles where you can just try and run into them and make a regular tackle, or the hit stick by flicking up or strafe + flick up would be a secure tackle. Different tackles would be more susceptible to different moves by the RB.
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      This. I wish the hit stick was more or less a multiple tackle stick. Flicking down should be a low tackle (I guess more or less a hit stick tackle, where the defender ducks the shoulder into the legs) and then when you're "staffing" or breaking down with the left trigger at the same time, defender should try a leg wrap tackle instead of a big hit. Same with high tackles where you can just try and run into them and make a regular tackle, or the hit stick by flicking up or strafe + flick up would be a secure tackle. Different tackles would be more susceptible to different moves by the RB.
      I don't ever use the hit stick but I thought it was already high and low tackles based on stick flick. Am I wrong?
      SCClassof93 -
      just my two cents
      dhook27 -
      please make them takeout the gameplans especially agressive gameplans like zone coverage that made this game not as greeat as it really was.
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by dhook27 View Post
      please make them takeout the gameplans especially agressive gameplans like zone coverage that made this game not as greeat as it really was.
      Not sure what you mean by "make them take out". We control nothing. And actually, at it's core, the game-planning feature is a good sim idea. I just wish we could individualize it so that we weren't telling a whole position group the same thing if we didn't want.
      Jayrah -
      I don't ever use the hit stick but I thought it was already high and low tackles based on stick flick. Am I wrong?
      As hit stick, yes you're correct. I want a true "TACKLE" button, where we could hit stick someone OR aim for a spot to tackle and try to wrap up with like an LT strafe combo. This way you wouldn't have to roll the dice, you could choose and if you choose wrong and the runner beats you it's mostly on you as opposed to the cpu AI. Also it would allow for game-planning at a deeper level, knowing your opponent well enough to understand what kind of a tackle works best on any given opponent. This kind of stuff would be a great way for EA to individualize player vs player matchups imo