• Official NCAA Football 14 Press Release & Playbook Schedule

The official press release for NCAA Football 14 has been distributed by EA SPORTS and announces the upcoming release schedule for game information. Additionally, several game features have been confirmed/announced: The inclusion of NCAA Football Ultimate Team (NFUT), a 'Coach Skills' feature in Dynasty Mode, 'Play a Season' mode, and improved game presentation.

• Presentation (to be released 4/18) – NCAA Football 14 gets you closer to the action than ever before and tells the story of every game. Feel the drama of college football from a whole-new perspective.
    • NCAA Football Ultimate Team (to be released 5/15) – The much-beloved mode comes to the college game, allowing you to build up an unstoppable team.
    • Dynasty (to be released 5/28) – There’s no single path to success in college football, so build up your program into a powerhouse to fit your strengths and style of play by utilizing the brand-new Coach Skills.
    • Play a Season (to be released 6/17) – Focus purely on the on-field action and take your favorite team to a bowl game.

Continue on to view the full press release.

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) revealed the first details of the upcoming NCAA football game, set to launch on Tuesday, July 9. EA SPORTS™ NCAA® Football 14, will unlock the unpredictability and innovation of college football with the introduction of real-time physics tuned with the collegiate game in mind plus new Dynasty experiences and the inclusion of Ultimate Team.

“This year marks the greatest leap forward in a generation for the NCAA Football franchise,” said Randy Chase, Marketing Director for EA SPORTS. “The inclusion of the Infinity Engine and several new gameplay features make this year’s game feel incredibly fresh and authentic, and the introduction of Ultimate Team will give fans the chance to take the field with some of the most well-known players of all time.”

Today EA SPORTS released the first producer video for NCAA Football 14.

New to NCAA Football 14 is the introduction of Infinity Engine 2, which unlocks the unpredictability and innovation of college football with the introduction of real-time physics and the new force impact system. The new engine creates a fresh experience, and opens up opportunities for user-controlled stumble recoveries and hard cuts. Furthermore, the force impact system enhances the power of truck moves and the Hit Stick, and creates more realistic and dynamic reactions when a runner attempts to stiff-arm a defender.

A renewed focus on the college-style option game allows you to play true to your team with over 30 new option types, all optimized for a true college football experience. Utilize the Spread Option, Zone Read and more to stymie defenses and put big points on the board. NCAA Football 14 highlights key defenders before the snap so fans can read their movements to know when to handoff, pitch or keep the ball. Play Action Option plays have also been evolved to make it easier than ever to fake the run, set up the throw and burn overly-aggressive defenders.

Additional information on NCAA Football 14 Playbooks will be released on the following dates:

• Presentation (to be released 4/18) – NCAA Football 14 gets you closer to the action than ever before and tells the story of every game. Feel the drama of college football from a whole-new perspective.
    • NCAA Football Ultimate Team (to be released 5/15) – The much-beloved mode comes to the college game, allowing you to build up an unstoppable team.
    • Dynasty (to be released 5/28) – There’s no single path to success in college football, so build up your program into a powerhouse to fit your strengths and style of play by utilizing the brand-new Coach Skills.
    • Play a Season (to be released 6/17) – Focus purely on the on-field action and take your favorite team to a bowl game.

Fans are encouraged to keep up to date by visiting the NCAA Football website, Facebook, and Twitter for exclusive assets and unique insights into all this year’s new features. College football enthusiasts can also get involved in the conversation by tweeting with the hashtag #PLAYTRUE.

NCAA Football 14 is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon, with trademarks licensed by IMG College’s The Collegiate Licensing Company on behalf of its partner institutions. NCAA Football 14 will be available on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system on July 9. For more information about NCAA Football, please visit http://www.easports.com/ncaa-football.
    Comments 43 Comments
      SmoothPancakes -
      Crap... Gotta wait until the end of May to find out about dynasty.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      You also gotta wait til July for the game too!
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      Crap no playbook date for gameplay. I'm wondering if today's stuff was it for "big" gameplay "improvements"
      souljahbill -
      Sounds like the carousel got something added to it. That's good.
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Crap no playbook date for gameplay. I'm wondering if today's stuff was it for "big" gameplay "improvements"
      I would guess that from now until the Presentation playbook, we'll be getting gameplay info - but probably concentrated today, tomorrow, & Friday.

I'm not a fan of Gameplay being the lead-off item as we will not see a lot of videos of gameplay additions/features in action until 1-2 months from now. Heck, even then a release day patch could change how items play out.
      CLW -
      This is interesting....

Ultimate Team will give fans the chance to take the field with some of the most well-known players of all time.”
      speculating but sounds more like all-time greats like Tebow etc.... for a Ultimate Team than QB#7. I won't spend much time with it (other than to whore out any trophies) but I can imagine this mode could really catch on if the legends/packs are deep enough.
      GatorfanStovy -
      I just don't get adding the ultimate team into NCAA. I never touched it but once in Madden to give it a try . And since you have to play online it is all cheeser players so its worthless to me. I stay away from online .
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
      I just don't get adding the ultimate team into NCAA. I never touched it but once in Madden to give it a try . And since you have to play online it is all cheeser players so its worthless to me. I stay away from online .
      It's nothing more than EA trying to take advantage of the cash flow they see from Ultimate Team in Madden, NHL, FIFA, etc. The Ultimate Team thing is huge for some people and some people spend a bunch of money on it. So it's nothing but another way for EA to make some easy cash via micro-transactions. I honestly am surprised it took them this long to find some way to put Ultimate Team in NCAA. I was expecting it to show up a year or two ago.
      bdoughty -
      Presentation (to be released 4/18) – NCAA Football 14 gets you closer to the action than ever before and tells the story of every game. Feel the drama of college football from a whole-new perspective.

Two... Two cameras options would be one more than we have had this whole generation. ah ah ah
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
      Madden 13 added some new features to MUT that no longer require so many (if any) online games to coin up. You can play the Solo Challenges and get coins and rare cards.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      Presentation (to be released 4/18) – NCAA Football 14 gets you closer to the action than ever before and tells the story of every game. Feel the drama of college football from a whole-new perspective.

Two... Two cameras options would be one more than we have had this whole generation. ah ah ah
      ESPN College Gameday???
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      Season Mode is probably just a mode that lets you play a single season, it was in previous NCAA Football games on PS2, and a mode that was in College Hoops 2K.
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
      Season Mode is probably just a mode that lets you play a single season, it was in previous NCAA Football games on PS2, and a mode that was in College Hoops 2K.
      That's what it sounds like. 1 season, no recruiting. Just play your 12-14 games and you're done.
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      That's what it sounds like. 1 season, no recruiting. Just play your 12-14 games and you're done.
      Why would you need a release on that? It's pretty self-serving if you ask me

I'm actually excited to get the gameplay info! I hate waiting for that more than anything so if most of it comes out over the next couple days or weeks I'm totally fine with that
      GatorfanStovy -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      Madden 13 added some new features to MUT that no longer require so many (if any) online games to coin up. You can play the Solo Challenges and get coins and rare cards.
      That is true I had for gotten that. I may jump back on it I dunno. I just like running my dynasty and a few RTG players and I'm good. I'm trying to a triple national Champ team for Florida but hard since I don't get to play much. I'm always on BLack ops 2 with the lady. oh well more for next year.

Again I just wish they would put full effort into RTG like MLB the show has in their rtts mode!
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      Why would you need a release on that? It's pretty self-serving if you ask me

I'm actually excited to get the gameplay info! I hate waiting for that more than anything so if most of it comes out over the next couple days or weeks I'm totally fine with that
      maybe historical teams?
      hawkeyeguy -
      Let's add new features and leave the old ones alone. Neat!
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      Nothing changed in RTG?
      Noles94 -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      ESPN College Gameday???
      Annnd now I'll be drooling in anticipation of that very announcement.
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      Quote Originally Posted by Noles94 View Post
      Annnd now I'll be drooling in anticipation of that very announcement.
      Who wouldn't be? lol