• IGN: NCAA 14 - A More Mature Physics Engine, A Less Mature Interview

EA's Ben Haumiller joined Wednesday's IGN "Up At Noon" and explained why physics work in this year's NCAA and how you can get into the industry.

Video Link - http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/04/03...noon-interview

After checking out the video, share your thoughts with the TGT community.

Comments 34 Comments
      CLW -
      Greg Miller cracks me up "How much do you hate Madden?"
      CLW -
      For those too lazy to watch via links:

JBHuskers -
      Thanks. It wasn't on YouTube when I posted.
      WolverineJay -
      The OL/DL interactions look exactly the same on pass plays. The short little clips from 6:48 - 7:01 show a whole lot of patty cake interaction yet again . Please CD guys tell me EA Tiburon worked on the OL/DL interactions for pass plays?
      ram29jackson -
      play calling based on personel groups.....?
      Daywalker86 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      That sound's interesting. Though, probably just an expansion of formation subs.
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by Daywalker86 View Post
      That sound's interesting. Though, probably just an expansion of formation subs.
      I THINK that was referring to the change that you can only audible to formations with the same personnel on the field i.e. you cannot audible from goalline to SG 5 WR etc...
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      I THINK that was referring to the change that you can only audible to formations with the same personnel on the field i.e. you cannot audible from goalline to SG 5 WR etc...
      Correct. But you can also go through calling plays based on the personnel you want on the field as well, not just in the no-huddle and audible situations.
      ryby6969 -
      All the "new" option types are going to depend on how good blocking has been redone.
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post

after all these years...online you should be able to see the formation the guy comes out in on the play call screen, not just amount of WRs etc
      souljahbill -
      after all these years...online you should be able to see the formation the guy comes out in on the play call screen, not just amount of WRs etc
      I'm fine with not seeing formation. What SHOULDN'T happen is the personnel shouldn't tell you that the offense is about to come out in Wildcat when the first player on the list is a RB and the QB is still on the field.
      ram29jackson -
      IGN: NCAA 14 - A More Mature Physics Engine, A Less Mature Interview
      if I made a title like that, i'm sure it gets edited...besides, Ben's yucking it up with the guy too
      Jayrah -
      When the Eff does a defense know what the formation is going to be in the huddle?
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      When the Eff does a defense know what the formation is going to be in the huddle?
      Not in any football game that I've ever played or watch, both in real life and virtually.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      Not in any football game that I've ever played or watch, both in real life and virtually.
      Attachment 622

Enviado de meu SAMSUNG SGH I997 usando o Tapatalk 2
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      Attachment 622

ROFL!

NEVER gets old!
      steelerfan -
      If I don't want fumbled snaps, give me a toggle switch to shut them off instead of not letting me have them if I do want them.

Jayrah -
      This is the key. With anything they think might be a "balance" issue, they should just add it and make it optional.

BTW still hoping to hear about any Special Teams overhauls.
      JeffHCross -
      There are some teams that call the same basic plays, and change the formation just to give an appearance of different sets. I can't think of the word right now but it's something Oneback and I have spoken about in the past as an advanced way to call plays. There's no way to replicate that in the game right now. The big issue with it in the game now is that calling an audible can change the formation alignment for no reason.

It might be something simpler or it could be something like that.

EDIT: Concept-based passing is what I was trying to think of.
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      I'm fine with not seeing formation. What SHOULDN'T happen is the personnel shouldn't tell you that the offense is about to come out in Wildcat when the first player on the list is a RB and the QB is still on the field.
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post

again, you can not compare a video game to real life in as many ways as you would like to. The point i am making is valid when you play a dumb ass who has 2 RBs and a tight end but still comes out in 5 wide. Thats bogus and shouldnt be a surprise.or the idiot with a created playbook and every formation is labeled "punt"

in real life a team see's the personel package and can counter accordingly with a good idea what was intended in the first place.