• NCAA Football 14 - First Screenshot

The EA SPORTS NCAA Football Facebook account has just posted what appears to be the first screenshot of NCAA Football 14.

With the added comment of "One cut. Infinite possibilities." it all but confirms the expected - the Infinity Engine (first introduced in Madden 13) will be in NCAA Football 14.

Let us know your thoughts on this screenshot. Is there anything else new in the image?
    Comments 22 Comments
      ram29jackson -
      and your defender will be locked into a helpless animation as though the juke just totally fooled him even though you knew what was coming and cant do anything about it...gloves look interesting though...
      Jayrah -
      Looks so clean!
      bdoughty -
      If only one of those possibilities were to make the players on the sidelines look less like store mannequins.
      CLW -
      Doesn't look any better/worse than last year. If the engine is improved it might be worth it but honestly I HATED the engine in the madden demo season ticket so.... much I couldn't play the game at all.
      souljahbill -
      I was never a graphics guy so this pic, outside of the cut, is uninteresting. I'm fine with the graphics as they are. My only concern is a better playing game (especially run blocking).
      dhook27 -
      i heard they are goin to have this new foot-planting system..... and the infinity engine should be better since they cud learn from madden....
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      I was never a graphics guy so this pic, outside of the cut, is uninteresting. I'm fine with the graphics as they are. My only concern is a better playing game (especially run blocking).
      Good point! The blocking in general is just so ugly in 2013. It's by far the most frustrating part of the game for me, but I still play it 4-5 times a week with 8 others in a sim OD
      Deuce -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      Good point! The blocking in general is just so ugly in 2013. It's by far the most frustrating part of the game for me, but I still play it 4-5 times a week with 8 others in a sim OD

I still play quite a bit...this is the longest I've ever played any NCAA game. If they fix some of the glaring issues and and the infinity engine is ok ill be a happy man.
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by dhook27 View Post
      i heard they are goin to have this new foot-planting system..... and the infinity engine should be better since they cud learn from madden....
      OMG is that supposed to be COULD... what in the heck is this world teaching you kids!
      gschwendt -
      Based on the tagline, we can assume that NCAA will share some of the same focus that Madden 25 has:
      http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tec...-madden-nfl-25

Looks like Year 2 of the Infinity physics engine will focus on running backs, including a bigger emphasis on cutting, and of course, smacking defenders in the mouth with fierce stiff-arms as you try to knock defenders like Von Miller out of your path. When asked for clarification, all an EA Sports representative would tell us is that the game will highlight a “run free ball carrier feature” that will offer “unprecedented ball-carrier control and precision.”
      SmoothPancakes -
      Which in EA terms means that the run game will be utterly unstoppable and you'll be running for 500 yards every game.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      Which in EA terms means that the run game will be utterly unstoppable and you'll be running for 500 yards every game.
      My thoughts exactly. This may be the year of offense... again.
      souljahbill -
      Since I'm a TERRIBLE passer, I'll take a better running game any day.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      for like the 7th year in a row.
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      More offense it seems like.
      illwill10 -
      I never had a problem with the graphics, so it isnt a big deal. Just wish NCAA had Madden's Player Models.

I was actually hoping/expecting the run game to be improved. With the likelihood of Blocking getting improved also, I expect run game to be better. Just hope it isnt overpowered. I dont want a team like Texas Tech running for over 200 yards against me. Hoping defense has been improved also
      GatorfanStovy -
      Not really impressed with the graphics so far. But not a big deal they are already good IMO just wish they implant weather and a better / longer RTG mode. And longer quarters it in as well!! 9-10 mins maybe. 5 is too short! It would also be cool if they would add in more work outs following your senior season at either an all star game and a better sigining day to be actually interviewing and signing process etc. It would also be awesome if we could get specific throwing motions in like Madden. RTG could be so much better if they put more effort in it.
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      I see the same equipment and the old USC jersey (I know it's not finished) -__- but I see new gloves
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Quote Originally Posted by OSUCowboyofMD View Post
      I see the same equipment and the old USC jersey (I know it's not finished) -__- but I see new gloves
      USC hasnt gotten new jerseys. now that you mention it though, the pac 12 and nike logo need to be located more on the chest instead of out on the shoulders.... and the red stripe on the away jersey needs to be vertical, on top of the shoulders, instead of horizontal, across the arms. same kind of design for our home uni.
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
      for like the 7th year in a row.
      Yep. I think its time to just face the music. "We" are the minority. EA's target audience loves beating the CPU 500-0 and they want to be able to do super human things that defy the laws of physics. Hopefully, the sliders will work somewhat to slow offenses down but I'm NOT holding my breath.