• Denard Robinson Wins NCAA Cover Vote

Former Michigan quarterback Denard Robinson will grace the cover of NCAA Football 14 after prevailing in a tense final vote against former Texas A&M wide receiver Ryan Swope.

"I want to say thank you to all the fans at Michigan for getting behind me," said Robinson, the NCAA's all-time leader in rushing yards by a quarterback. "Michigan has one of the best fan bases."

With the victory, Robinson becomes the third Michigan Wolverine to appear on the cover of an NCAA Football title after former Heisman Trophy Winners Desmond Howard (NCAA Football 99) and Charles Woodson (NCAA Football 2006).

"It's an honor to go to Michigan, and for us to be on the cover of NCAA Football."

Fans are encouraged to check out the official NCAA Football page in the coming weeks for more information on new features, exclusive assets, and preorder offers.
    Comments 31 Comments
      CLW -
      Cover votes SUCK! That is all.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Yeah I'm getting tired of them. EA should just pick a deserving star. Nothing against Denard or Swope, but they probably wouldn't have been in my top 5 choices.
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Yeah I'm getting tired of them. EA should just pick a deserving star. Nothing against Denard or Swope, but they probably wouldn't have been in my top 5 choices.
      Agreed this will now be the 4th exception to the rule of either: (1) Heisman; and/or (2) "Star" (1st Round NFL pick)
      JBHuskers -
      Agreed this will now be the 4th exception to the rule of either: (1) Heisman; and/or (2) "Star" (1st Round NFL pick)
      Problem is that cover votes are such a marketing machine. I feel they're here to stay.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
      TheShockDoctor -
      As a Michigan fan I'm glad Denard won but ti doesn't really impact if I will buy the game or not despite seeing some people on the NCAA Football Facebook page threatening to boycott the game.

Also, doesn't EA have the order of Michigan players on the cover backwards? I'm pretty sure Howard is on '06 and Woodson on '99.
      CLW -
      Problem is that cover votes are such a marketing machine. I feel they're here to stay.

Yeah they are definitely not going anywhere. Its corporate America's attempt to "reach out" to their customers through social media. IMHO its stupid but its going nowhere unless/until the social media fad dies out (if it does).
      oweb26 -
      Yeah they are definitely not going anywhere. Its corporate America's attempt to "reach out" to their customers through social media. IMHO its stupid but its going nowhere unless/until the social media fad dies out (if it does).
      I cant wait if it does die I hate social media it really shows how stupid most people are.
      JBHuskers -
      It sure won't die anytime soon. Seems to be sticking around longer than Prodigy and Compuserve.
      AustinWolv -
      I'd argue that Denard is. Nothing against Swope as I don't know his story, but Denard is the consummate college player who just loves playing, doesn't expect things handed to him, is thankful/grateful for the opportunities in front of him, and didn't get into trouble. Doesn't act like a rock star at all like a lot of these bigtime players.

Or would you prefer to have known cheaters and criminals on the cover? Or no players at all on the cover?

I don't play or buy NCAA for the cover and certainly not because if it is a fucking 1st-round NFL pick on the cover or even a Heisman winner since ESPN has turned that into a joke.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
      I'd argue that Denard is. Nothing against Swope as I don't know his story, but Denard is the consummate college player who just loves playing, doesn't expect things handed to him, is thankful/grateful for the opportunities in front of him, and didn't get into trouble. Doesn't act like a rock star at all like a lot of these bigtime players.
      I could have said the same for Rex Burkhead too, and he wasn't in my top 5 either.

morsdraconis -
      Social media won't go anywhere anytime soon. Hell, Myspace just died a few years back and it was dead as a social media thing 5 or 6 years back (right when Facebook and Twitter hit basically). It takes 3 years+ for corporate America to catchup with what is normally happening in the world of the internet. Hell, they're just now starting to make a presence on Twitter, and it's been a thing for 5 or 6 years, easily.
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      They have to keep the voting; It's a great market tool when used correctly.
      bdoughty -

Not only that apparently the Aggie fans were cheating somehow?
      CLW -
      Yeah I saw EA post on facebook they double checked the votes to make sure they were "legit" with apparently both schools present. shades of hanging chads.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Really? This only just became an issue last week? Christ, people have been doing that shit since Facebook first allowed you to create polls.
      morsdraconis -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      Really? This only just became an issue last week? Christ, people have been doing that shit since Facebook first allowed you to create polls.
      Rudy -
      I could have said the same for Rex Burkhead too, and he wasn't in my top 5 either.

C'mon JB. Rex Burkhead was nowhere near the college player Denard was. Everyone in the country knew who Denard was and how explosive he was. He won't be a first rounder and he didn't become a good passer but he's a great choice for the cover despite the vote.
      GatorfanStovy -
      Yes agreed cover votes are dumb and should got to either the Heisman no BS reason about it being a freshman or the number one draft pick in the draft .. So lame voting is .
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
      Yes agreed cover votes are dumb and should got to either the Heisman no BS reason about it being a freshman or the number one draft pick in the draft .. So lame voting is .
      Umm, it's not a BS reason. If you have a problem with it, go take it up with the NCAA.
      AustinWolv -

Guys sitting injured on the bench doesn't usually make covers.