• Denard Robinson Wins NCAA Cover Vote

Former Michigan quarterback Denard Robinson will grace the cover of NCAA Football 14 after prevailing in a tense final vote against former Texas A&M wide receiver Ryan Swope.

"I want to say thank you to all the fans at Michigan for getting behind me," said Robinson, the NCAA's all-time leader in rushing yards by a quarterback. "Michigan has one of the best fan bases."

With the victory, Robinson becomes the third Michigan Wolverine to appear on the cover of an NCAA Football title after former Heisman Trophy Winners Desmond Howard (NCAA Football 99) and Charles Woodson (NCAA Football 2006).

"It's an honor to go to Michigan, and for us to be on the cover of NCAA Football."

Fans are encouraged to check out the official NCAA Football page in the coming weeks for more information on new features, exclusive assets, and preorder offers.
    Comments 31 Comments
      oweb26 -
      I feel so out of place on this mostly because I never look at the cover outside when its announced and then I dont really care but its all I have until something else is announced.
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      Now that the cover has been announced, when can we expect any real info on the game?
      illwill10 -
      Nothing really worth while until draft, but I expect some small blogs around early April
      OLATHExSOONER -
      I just wanna hear something. Even if it's a "kiss my ass" from EA Sports I wanna hear something.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
      Or would you prefer to have known cheaters and criminals on the cover? Or no players at all on the cover?
      Yes. Every player in America that isn't Denard is a known cheater or criminal.

Enough with the high horse, man. C'mon.
      Quote Originally Posted by TheShockDoctor View Post
      As a Michigan fan I'm glad Denard won but ti doesn't really impact if I will buy the game or not despite seeing some people on the NCAA Football Facebook page threatening to boycott the game.
      I won't boycott the game, it's not like I've been a massive fan of the last few winners anyway. But I won't like seeing the maize and blue every time
      Quote Originally Posted by TheShockDoctor View Post
      Also, doesn't EA have the order of Michigan players on the cover backwards? I'm pretty sure Howard is on '06 and Woodson on '99.
      You are correct.
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      C'mon JB. Rex Burkhead was nowhere near the college player Denard was. Everyone in the country knew who Denard was and how explosive he was. He won't be a first rounder and he didn't become a good passer but he's a great choice for the cover despite the vote.
      I think he's talking about the "consummate college player", "not a rock star" and that aspect of it. Not arguing that he's a #1 player.
      Rudy -
      This year is probably one of the worst set of candidates for the cover in recent years. College football really lacked those big time senior QB and RBs this year. I think Denard was a really good choice and I don't know if you could even put together a list of 5 college seniors that would make sense for the cover this year.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      This year is probably one of the worst set of candidates for the cover in recent years. College football really lacked those big time senior QB and RBs this year. I think Denard was a really good choice and I don't know if you could even put together a list of 5 college seniors that would make sense for the cover this year.
      Same goes for the draft this year too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
      NatureBoy -
      As long as it's not someone from Clemson or Georgia, it doesn't matter to me who is on the cover.
      gschwendt -
      No real news but here's an interview with Denard at the cover shoot...

AustinWolv -
      Yes. Every player in America that isn't Denard is a known cheater or criminal.
      Enough with the high horse, man. C'mon.
      Where was it said that every player in America is? It wasn't. But there are LOADS of examples that are.
      Reggie Bush made the cover.....
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
      Where was it said that every player in America is? It wasn't. But there are LOADS of examples that are.
      Reggie Bush made the cover.....
      The phrasing of your post implied that the choices were Denard, cheaters/criminals or no players at all. I know you well enough to know that wasn't your intent, I'm just tired of the constant refrain about cheaters.