• OverDog Looks to Connect Gamers & Athletes

Ever wanted to play professional athletes in a game of NCAA Football, Madden NFL, FIFA, or even Call of Duty? Former Vanderbilt Commodore and Chicago Bear Hunter Hillenmeyer is the co-founder of OverDog, a company that will allow gamers the opportunity to play their favorite games against professional athletes.

The company has already reached out and established relationships with the NHLPA, the MLBPA, and the MLSPA to groups like the UFC, the NCAA and Olympic athletes as well as console makers (Xbox, PlayStation), game publishers (EA, 2K, and Activision for starters), and potential broadcast partners (Twitch.tv, Machinima Sports, YouTube).

Today was the Kickstarter launch for OverDog as they look to reach $100,000 by March 29. Each pledge level provides different perks, including beta access beginning in April for those pledging $15 or more. The full service is expected to launch in August.

For more on OverDog, visit their official site or their Kickstarter page.
    Comments 6 Comments
      psuexv -
      I think this is a cool idea. I wonder if it will take off though.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
      I think this is a cool idea. I wonder if it will take off though.
      To me in reading the Kickstarter, it seems like it's going to be subscription based. I dunno how many people would want to pay for that monthly.
      Bohica1010 -
      I'd donate like $20 bucks once to play Montee Ball in NCAA or something, but I wouldn't want to pay monthly for a chance or two per month against other NCAA players. Same for the Pro games. If it is random Pros my interest level would be even lower. I probably have the same chance to play them now, I just don't know that I beat or lost to a Pro.
      psuexv -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      To me in reading the Kickstarter, it seems like it's going to be subscription based. I dunno how many people would want to pay for that monthly.
      That could definitely be an issue. And yeah from reading the donation levels it does appear to lean more towards subscription based. Probably to succeed it needs to be free.
      JeffHCross -
      It's definitely subscription based, though the subscriptions appear to be annual, rather than monthly or quarterly.

Don't have any interest in it anyway.
      cdj -
      The OverDog app is now live and available for download for iPhone users. Challenges from athletes will begin going live on Friday.