• Third Uniform Store Update Now Available

The third update to the NCAA Football 13 Uniform Store is now available on PS3 (unsure on XBL) - Adidas Strategy Uniform Pack 3. The updates include alternate uniforms for UCLA (LA Night uniform set) and Mississippi State (Snow Bowl & Egg Bowl uniform sets). The cost for the three uniforms is $1.99 or 160MSP.

Continue on to view pictures of these new unis (more to come).

UCLA - "LA Night"

Comments 33 Comments
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
      done on a weekly basis
      Why? Why must they take something that we formerly had to wait until next July for, and do it on a weekly basis? Why, like other DLC, can't they just do it whenever it's available / convenient for them? Is the Uniform Store somehow worse off because it doesn't have weekly updates? Just trying to understand the logic (and you're not the first to express similar thoughts).

I agree about accuracy. That can't be understated.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      Why? Why must they take something that we formerly had to wait until next July for, and do it on a weekly basis? Why, like other DLC, can't they just do it whenever it's available / convenient for them? Is the Uniform Store somehow worse off because it doesn't have weekly updates? Just trying to understand the logic (and you're not the first to express similar thoughts).

I agree about accuracy. That can't be understated.
      While I don't think it needs to be weekly, I do believe it should be regularly (bi-weekly, monthly, whatever) and also offer much more content. Even if that content is all paid uniforms, at least give us something. I've purchased every uniform released solely for the reason to support the idea of the store but I don't support their use of it to this point.
      souljahbill -
      Yeah, if I went to any store and they didn't keep fresh stock coming in, that store would cease to exist. There should be updated regularly. EA is leaving too much cash on the table.
      JeffHCross -
      I agree they're leaving cash. But the store analogy doesn't work. No DLC is like Wal-Mart or any other business.
      gschwendt -
      I agree they're leaving cash. But the store analogy doesn't work. No DLC is like Wal-Mart or any other business.
      While I see what you're saying, I wouldn't equate this to the typical DLC. It's reusable content that they'll recycle for next year to be included on the disc (presumably). The only thing that really changes is that the "cycle" for uniform artists is no longer in sync with the rest of the development. Their year should be from December to October while the rest of the group works July to May.

Obviously it's not quite that simplistic but you get my point.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      While I see what you're saying, I wouldn't equate this to the typical DLC. It's reusable content that they'll recycle for next year to be included on the disc (presumably).
      True. But equating it to regular DLC is a better connection, IMO, than connecting it to a store with regular inventory. While it doesn't stack against, say, Mass Effect 3 DLC, I would think it's fair to compare NCAA's DLC to THQ's WWE series. I don't know what WWE 13 has offered, but previous games in the series had not-remotely-regular content updates. Granted, the content there was more than a simple uniform, but I also think there's stuff going on behind the scenes that we're not privy to. It can't be solely the art pipeline that holds up more regular updates.

Personally, I think the problem is not in lack of updates, but in lack of communication.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      But the store analogy doesn't work.
      i dont necessarily agree with this. they could make a shit load of more money if they offered more stuff, like new formations and plays, equipment options, even just new jerseys, just pants, or just helmets. the biggest key, though, is to be pumping out stuff very quickly. waiting 3 weeks or so for only 3 uniforms that arent accurate isnt gonna cut it.
      JeffHCross -
      I agreed that they were not making as much as they could But a store can't continue to operate with no sales because of costs. Presumably the Uniform Store doesn't add any costs for EA. So it can operate indefinitely with no more additions.

All things being equal, you're right that they should be pumping out all of those things. However, online play currently requires that you upload files from a user that has the download to a user that doesn't. How would you handle that with equipment? Only one player sees it? How about new plays or formations? That's not a simple thing to figure out how to handle.

But, if we just stick to uniforms, yes, they should be doing it faster and more often. But they don't need to. It's not like we're getting shortchanged by them not doing it. Y'know?
      baseballplyrmvp -
      All things being equal, you're right that they should be pumping out all of those things. However, online play currently requires that you upload files from a user that has the download to a user that doesn't. How would you handle that with equipment? Only one player sees it? How about new plays or formations? That's not a simple thing to figure out how to handle.
      have a filter in your online settings allowing dlc or not.
      bdoughty -
      I think it is pretty simple. If you are going to do something, do it RIGHT. From what we have seen from the store they can't even handle the basics of getting the uniforms correct. Throw in the delays, limited uniforms offered and this should have never been implemented. Sure, the consumer might not know what is going on behind the scenes (licensing, etc) but we are aware that creating uniforms is not a difficult or timely project. So with the lack of communication from EA on the lack of updates it is just another black mark on the dev team and EA as a whole.

I would be embarrassed to release the uniform they did for UCLA and at the very least offer a corrected version for those who spent money on it. Then disband the store and give us a uniform editor next year.
      bdoughty -
      But they don't need to. It's not like we're getting shortchanged by them not doing it. Y'know?
      To quote Billy Joel, "We didn't start the fire."
      Unconquered -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      It's reusable content that they'll recycle for next year to be included on the disc (presumably). The only thing that really changes is that the "cycle" for uniform artists is no longer in sync with the rest of the development.
      Exactly. This is why I thought we'd have all the updates to the default uniforms by now; I figured the Uniform Store would simply be a way of sending out next year's uniforms NOW. Alternate and one-off uniforms weren't much of a concern to me, but I was 99% sure all the main uniforms would have been updated back in August.

Hugely disappointing.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
      have a filter in your online settings allowing dlc or not.
      Whose online settings? I mean that the dev team would have to figure out how to handle transferring that data, if they should transfer that data, if not how to display it/not display it, etc, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      To quote Billy Joel, "We didn't start the fire."
      To each his own. Whatever.