• NCAA Football 13 - October Title Update Now Available

UPDATE: The Title Update (1.04) is now available for PS3 and 360. After downloading the update and playing the game, let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

EA SPORTS has announced the next title update for NCAA Football 13 will be coming later this month. The fixes include primarily gameplay dynasty updates though also some stability fixes. Perhaps the chief complaint addressed is the annoying No Huddle that was introduced in a previous Title Update. Continue after the break for the full details.

Hello NCAA Football fans, Jason French, line producer for NCAA Football 13 back again to give you information on the next Title Update, which is scheduled to be released later this month.

We have been reading the forums and talking with our fans and we look forward to delivering this update, as it addresses several community requests. The following is a list of items that will be included in the upcoming Title Update:

• Gameplay
      • Fixed issue where running the no-huddle was taking too long.
      • Fixed an issue where players were sometimes not breaking the huddle.
      • Fixed it so receivers won’t slip as much on the turf when it is raining.

• Dynasty
      • Fixed it where prospects were softly committing to schools even though they were not on that school’s recruiting board or showed any interest.
      • Fixed some recruiting logic where CPU teams were not offering scholarships to some prospects.
      • Fixed an issue with uploading highlights to Dynasty Wire.
      • Made the sorting on the Recruiting more user friendly so that it remembers previous sorts.
      • Fixed an issue where a prospect with low interest was getting changed to “N/A”.
      • Fixed an issue where some Online Dynasties were losing players and coaches.
      • Fixed a problem where promises were getting deleted.

• Online Head-to-Head
      • Fixed a reporting issue where if someone went offsides three times it forced their opponent into a loss.

• Stability
      • Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes.

Source
    Comments 51 Comments
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
      Just wondering, but if they can add things like the uniform store and add uniforms, change game play (no huddle animations) why can't they add South Alabama? It seems like all they would have to do is add their uniforms, they could use player models already in the game and for their stadium it may not be exact but there are a lot of stadiums that don't have "exact" representations, they could get it close no?
      #1 They planned for the uniform store way before launch... I would assume it was planned back in December or before. #2 Just adding them doesn't fix the issue... you then also have to worry about fitting them into dynasty, redo all scheduling logic, worry about data storage, processing from week to week, etc. and none of that was planned to be patchable.
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
      I know for a fact it happens sometimes. Last season or the season before in Powerhouse I was recruiting a guy and Navy was #2 on his list. He had Pro Potential as Very High and I tried to pitch it but it said 0-0 points and I did not get anything even though they were a D in the category.
      Wow. I've seen it quite a bit but have never gotten 0 for it. Maybe I'm a lucky one

Ill try and track it here for a few days in the 3 OD's I'm in to see if it happens At all.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      Wow. I've seen it quite a bit but have never gotten 0 for it. Maybe I'm a lucky one

Ill try and track it here for a few days in the 3 OD's I'm in to see if it happens At all.
      ya, i'll definitely test it more too, but at a later date. i just cant afford to do it now as i'm in several tight recruiting battles atm. once i get some key players locked up, i'll try it on some lesser guys and go more indepth as to what teams it lists 0-0 for.
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
      ya, i'll definitely test it more too, but at a later date. i just cant afford to do it now as i'm in several tight recruiting battles atm. once i get some key players locked up, i'll try it on some lesser guys and go more indepth as to what teams it lists 0-0 for.
      Sounds good, I'm pretty solid in most of my recruiting battles in Powerhouse and I'd think it may be more of a chance to see it with my team there then with Middle Tennessee State
      Escobar -
      It's random. More often than not you will get 0-0 if you are an A or higher and the team is a D or has another severely poor rating. If you are more closely related it will show 0-0 but you will get an actual point value when comparing.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      Sounds good, I'm pretty solid in most of my recruiting battles in Powerhouse and I'd think it may be more of a chance to see it with my team there then with Middle Tennessee State
      here's another related bug to this, within the phone call screen:

i'm #2 on a recruit's list and i'm pitching playing time to him. he has it as average importance and my grade for it is an A+. notre dame is first on his list, despite offering a D+ grade for playing time to this recruit. if i compare my playing time and notre dame's playing time to this recruit, i'll LOSE between 20 and 16 points.

however, i tested it, and i got rewarded the points for an A+/average rating, and notre dame lost points.
      psusnoop -
      here's another related bug to this, within the phone call screen:

i'm #2 on a recruit's list and i'm pitching playing time to him. he has it as average importance and my grade for it is an A+. notre dame is first on his list, despite offering a D+ grade for playing time to this recruit. if i compare my playing time and notre dame's playing time to this recruit, i'll LOSE between 20 and 16 points.

however, i tested it, and i got rewarded the points for an A+/average rating, and notre dame lost points.
      That's right, seen that one a few times as well. Thanks for putting it out there MVP.
      gschwendt -
      The patch is now available for PS3. It's expected sometime today for 360.
      gschwendt -
      The No Huddle is back to what it was prior to the last patch... there's no waiting once your team gets lined up.
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      The No Huddle is back to what it was prior to the last patch... there's no waiting once your team gets lined up.
      And the safeties still suck and the dbs still fail to recognize the option and just stand there frozen. Honestly if those 2 issues were fixed this game would be really solid.
      hardbody69 -
      I just wanna see different reactions from players, coaches, and fans. If the refs make a call that the coach doesn't agree with then he should be in his face throwing his headset or something like that. If a QB throws a TD pass then he should be running to the endzone celebrating. I would also like to see some coach reactions to dropped INTs or giving up a big play or something along those lines. And the one thing I would love to see is if a very low ranked team is at home against a Top 5 team or something the crowd would run on the field and celebrate like they do in real life. And the last thing I wouldn't mind seeing is if your team is up by 3,7,10,30 whatever and you take a knee to end the game, the coaches and players run out on the field before the clock actually gets to 0. If the game is over then there is no reason to have to wait for the game clock to reach 0 before you celebrate. And I wouldn't mind having a different choice a helmets and facemacks to choose from. Madden has so many different choices and NCAA only has a few choices. And no more running through the refs. If you make contact with the ref they should fall down. They don't have to be hurt but actually fall or something.
      JeffHCross -
      Nice list, and welcome to the site! Check out the Wishlist & Feedback forum for more suggestions for future games.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      still nothing for 360 people as of this morning.
      JeffHCross -
      From Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/5953578/no-ea-spor...college-titles
      "Roster Share," a service in which NCAA Football 13 players trade edited rosters over EA Sports servers, has been down for a few days on both the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3. This has given rise to conspiracy rumors that EA has spiked the feature, especially as it's tied to a use-of-likeness lawsuit brought by former college players.

Reached last night, an EA Sports representative said that the NCAA Football 13 development team noticed only late Friday that the feature was down. "We've got people looking into it," he said. Between the lines, it means this wasn't killed off as some sort of ass-covering move related to the college players' litigation.
      Deuce44M -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      Perhaps I have just missed it, Deuce ... but what error are you talking about?
      When starting a new online dynasty, I'm getting a validation error when trying to load up rosters--I can start a new online dynasty without rostes though
      gschwendt -
      I can't confirm myself but have seen some people indicate that the patch is now available for 360.
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      I wouldn't be surprised if Legal told them to shut it down and that it never comes back.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      I can't confirm myself but have seen some people indicate that the patch is now available for 360.
      correct. patch is out
      gschwendt -
      I'm also seeing some say that the 360 patch was only 6mb while the PS3 patch is 34mb. There's no reason they should be that significantly different unless perhaps the PS3 patch included updated uniforms that haven't been unveiled in the store yet or something similar. I'll be curious if come Tuesday if we see a store update.
      gigemaggs99 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Deuce44M View Post
      When starting a new online dynasty, I'm getting a validation error when trying to load up rosters--I can start a new online dynasty without rostes though

I have mixed feelings on this one....it seems like EA has always been straddling the line, they ship the game out with numbered players and no names. They give you the option to generate "random" names and also have the roster share option. However they still ship the game with numbers only. It's like they are covering their butt.

For a "right now" feature it's cool to be able to play with the real names, you can always go in and name them yourself, would take a lot of time, but you can still edit them and name them. For the "long term" I don't see the big deal with the names, if you play a dynasty mode game and stay at a school for 4+ years you are working with randonly generated names anyways.

I guess it's cool to be able to play with Johnny Manziel on A&M but I'm fine with using #2 also. In the end I guess it's not a deal breaker for me.

If EA removes this option it won't be the end of the world for me, if they move NCAA in the direction of Madden's CCM and Online Only, that will be the deal breaker. I enjoy playing in online dynasties but I also enjoy the offline content. EA please do not remove the offline content. You can add more Online, but please do NOT remove the current offline.

I also have a mixed review of the game, I guess it's just how it is. They make a huge deal about release dates, even early demo releases, yet here it is Oct 20th (EDIT: I don't even know what day it is.... Oct 22 ) we've just received the 4th update and now the game is playing pretty good in my opinion. My biggest complaint was the no-huddle fubar, which by the way wasn't broken prior to the other patches coming out...go figure....but I just find it ironic that the game was release in July, now in Oct it's pretty good and pretty darn playable. It just seems silly to have a "deadline/release date" but it's not really....almost 3 months after the "release date" the game is more complete....I don't know too many other companies that can have a 3 month extension.

I'm just saying it would be really SWEET if NCAA 14 could come out sometime in July, heck wait until August or right before the real NCAA season starts if you can have a completed project. Wouldn't it be nice if they could give us a finished complete product, then focus all of their attention and man-power on NCAA 15? Just think, each year it would be better and better b/c they would have more time to focus on the newer installment and less time playing catch-up with post production patches and what-not.

Personally the game plays great to me, still waiting/hoping the Utah St. unis will come out sometime....if they don't come out until NCAA 14 it's no big loss, just would be cool if they could come out with more frequent uniform store updates/packages.

End rant.