• NCAA Football 13 - October Title Update Now Available

UPDATE: The Title Update (1.04) is now available for PS3 and 360. After downloading the update and playing the game, let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

EA SPORTS has announced the next title update for NCAA Football 13 will be coming later this month. The fixes include primarily gameplay dynasty updates though also some stability fixes. Perhaps the chief complaint addressed is the annoying No Huddle that was introduced in a previous Title Update. Continue after the break for the full details.

Hello NCAA Football fans, Jason French, line producer for NCAA Football 13 back again to give you information on the next Title Update, which is scheduled to be released later this month.

We have been reading the forums and talking with our fans and we look forward to delivering this update, as it addresses several community requests. The following is a list of items that will be included in the upcoming Title Update:

• Gameplay
      • Fixed issue where running the no-huddle was taking too long.
      • Fixed an issue where players were sometimes not breaking the huddle.
      • Fixed it so receivers won’t slip as much on the turf when it is raining.

• Dynasty
      • Fixed it where prospects were softly committing to schools even though they were not on that school’s recruiting board or showed any interest.
      • Fixed some recruiting logic where CPU teams were not offering scholarships to some prospects.
      • Fixed an issue with uploading highlights to Dynasty Wire.
      • Made the sorting on the Recruiting more user friendly so that it remembers previous sorts.
      • Fixed an issue where a prospect with low interest was getting changed to “N/A”.
      • Fixed an issue where some Online Dynasties were losing players and coaches.
      • Fixed a problem where promises were getting deleted.

• Online Head-to-Head
      • Fixed a reporting issue where if someone went offsides three times it forced their opponent into a loss.

• Stability
      • Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes.

Source
    Comments 51 Comments
      baseballplyrmvp -
      they'd never push back the ncaa release until august. it'd hurt both madden's and ncaa's sales

but i agree with your other points
      gigemaggs99 -
      Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
      they'd never push back the ncaa release until august. it'd hurt both madden's and ncaa's sales

but i agree with your other points

Ah yes, you are correct. See I wasn't thinking of the almighty dollar, I was being silly and thinking like a consumer. You are correct....it's always struck me as "different" when I pick up my midnight release of NCAA they (Gamestop) gives me a flier with a coupon that will give me extra credit if I trade the game in on the upcoming release of Madden. I'm kinda like, shouldn't I take it home and play it first?

Morale of the story, I forgot about capitalism when I posted my previous thoughts. MY BAD!
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
      I have mixed feelings on this one....it seems like EA has always been straddling the line, they ship the game out with numbered players and no names. They give you the option to generate "random" names and also have the roster share option. However they still ship the game with numbers only. It's like they are covering their butt.
      Gus, there is a CYA factor, but ... they are not allowed, by NCAA rules, to ship the game with accurate names built-in. Whether or not the numbered players is still against the rules is being debated in the courts, but there's no doubt that shipping the game with named rosters (accurately named rosters, that is), would be a violation of NCAA rules. I, personally, think they could ship the game with randomly-generated names and that would be okay (to get rid of the "#2" names), but they'd probably be forced to make sure every player on every team didn't happen to come up with their real name.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
      I'm just saying it would be really SWEET if NCAA 14 could come out sometime in July, heck wait until August or right before the real NCAA season starts if you can have a completed project. Wouldn't it be nice if they could give us a finished complete product, then focus all of their attention and man-power on NCAA 15? Just think, each year it would be better and better b/c they would have more time to focus on the newer installment and less time playing catch-up with post production patches and what-not.
      Uhm, not totally sure where you went with this, but ... no. The development cycle on NCAA 15 starts on (or slightly before) the day NCAA 14 releases. Probably, more accurately, the day NCAA 14 goes gold. So unless you move the NCAA release date back a month or two every year, you're still stuck with a ~12 month development cycle. There's no getting around that with a release date that doesn't move.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by Deuce44M View Post
      When starting a new online dynasty, I'm getting a validation error when trying to load up rosters--I can start a new online dynasty without rostes though
      Have you tried multiple rosters? I've never heard of a validation error before, so I don't have any idea what could be causing it.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      I'm also seeing some say that the 360 patch was only 6mb while the PS3 patch is 34mb. There's no reason they should be that significantly different
      I thought I'd been told in the past that 360/PS3 file sizes, for downloads, were regularly different. Something to do with 360 being able to patch more cleanly and PS3 requiring more of a "rollup" type patch.
      keepitnappe9 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      I would think fairly high in order to include updates for Utah State, TCU, and others that had their default uniforms redesigned.
      Any update on this? Maryland has new ones with variations planned.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by keepitnappe9 View Post
      Any update on this? Maryland has new ones with variations planned.
      We only know what EA says... so far they've not said anything new on the topic.
      CLW -
      And THIS is why the uniform storm was a DUMB idea. Every time one of the 100+ teams wears slightly different color socks, helmets, jerseys or cups people freak when it is not instantly available to them for free.
      gigemaggs99 -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      And THIS is why the uniform storm was a DUMB idea. Every time one of the 100+ teams wears slightly different color socks, helmets, jerseys or cups people freak when it is not instantly available to them for free.

I hope I don't come across as "freaking out".... I don't have a problem paying for the DLC, the last 2 pay updates have been great. As long as they continue to only be a few dollars I'm all for it. Utah St has used these new uniforms since the beginning of the season, they aren't something special or a 1-time game....I'd rather have the "everyday" uniforms before we get the "special occasion" uniforms. Would be nice to get the Utah St. I'm cool w/ the others.
      Unconquered -
      Yeah, the Uniform Store has been a disappointment for me. NCAA 13 has been out almost four months ... I was expecting one or two more uniform updates by now, especially for the teams that unveiled new default uniforms before the season began.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by Unconquered View Post
      I was expecting one or two more uniform updates by now, especially for the teams that unveiled new default uniforms before the season began.
      I was too, though there could be multiple reasons why more progress hasn't been made. Purely speculation, but perhaps certain uniforms have been denied, requested to wait until NCAA 14, etc ...
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      I was too, though there could be multiple reasons why more progress hasn't been made. Purely speculation, but perhaps certain uniforms have been denied, requested to wait until NCAA 14, etc ...
      maybe the art team is touring the country getting all the new additions to stadiums that we've linked to.