• NCAA Football 14 - EA Sports Visits South Alabama

Courtesy al.com, EA SPORTS is visiting South Alabama this weekend as they begin prep work on adding the Jaguars to NCAA Football 14.

South Alabama may not be in the game just yet, as the EA Sports advertisement for its "NCAA Football 13'' game suggests, but EA Sports will be in Ladd-Peebles Stadium for the Jaguars' game Saturday against Nicholls State. In fact, the popular game company has been in the stadium since Thursday, collecting data, photographic and video scans and interviews for South Alabama's inclusion in the video game next year.

Due to "misinformation,'' according to site producer Ben Haumiller, the Jags were left out of this year's game, the only one of the 124 eligible Football Bowl Subdivision teams not to be included. When news reached South Alabama students and fans prior to the release of "NCAA Football 13,'' several requested the Jags be added to the game. It was too late to add USA to this year's game, but EA Sports offered to make it up to the school by providing extras for the Jags when they are added to the roster of teams in next year's game.

That promise brought a four-person EA Sports crew to town Thursday for three days of information gathering in preparation of adding USA to next year's game, with the extras such as a stadium scan that will duplicate Ladd-Peebles Stadium exactly, crowd noise and fan chants during today's game that will be used in the game and interviewing members of the coaching staff who will help make the Jags' play-calling and offensive and defensive formations as accurate as possible.

The EA Sports crew will also film the cheerleaders and the team's run-out entrance onto the field Saturday for use in the game and mascot SouthPaw was filmed Thursday for inclusion in the "Mascot Mash-Up" portion of the game.

Click here for the rest of the article from al.com.
    Comments 6 Comments
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      What about ODU?
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by OSUCowboyofMD View Post
      What about ODU?
      What about them?
      steelerfan -
      Great article!

I'm so glad that they are putting the mascot in for Mascot Mash-Up. I was afraid he was only going to be seen on the sidelines while the actual football team is playing. Phew!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      yeah, Old Dominion is playing FBS football starting next season. They're gonna charge us extra for hoodies now smh.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      Great article!

I'm so glad that they are putting the mascot in for Mascot Mash-Up. I was afraid he was only going to be seen on the sidelines while the actual football team is playing. Phew!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
      Still no word on customizable wind socks though... this game blows!
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      Still no word on customizable wind socks though... this game blows!
      And where the hell are the new dreads!!! There should be multiple dreads options. I'm talking like 25 different variations of those mofos!!!