• Madden NFL 13 - Share Your Thoughts & Impressions

Madden NFL 13 will be available beginning Friday at 6 PM ET for EA SPORTS Season Ticket subscribers with the retail launch on August 28.

Highlighted by Connected Careers and the new Infinity Engine, Madden NFL 13 may be the most anticipated edition of the franchise in years. Once you play the game, share your thoughts and impressions on the game here with the community.
    Comments 331 Comments
      Rudy -
      I think I might make the move back down to Very Slow. I don't like how they slowed this down from the demo. It feels a bit too slow to me but there is a pretty big difference between Slow and Very Slow. Even on Slow the game feels jittery and doesn't feel smooth. On Very Slow the game looks and feels better but I miss the speed and burst that a fast RB has. I'm kind of torn between those two settings - super smooth on Very Slow but feeling too sluggish in the open field.

I would like to see the better players stand out a bit more in the game as well. NHL has a talent slider where you can exagerate the difference between the good and bad players. It's like the speed threshold but for overall abilities. I'd love to see this in an EA football game.
      Rudy -
      I'm thinking I should have left the patch discussion in this thread. Anyway a mod could merge the patch thread into this one? Or should we just leave it alone?
      http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...g-Patch-is-out
      ram29jackson -
      those Panthers option plays are such bullpucky...EA has always had some form of bull logic in the game like this.

No matter what defense I call or how i position the players/hot route..the defense gets sucked into the middle and Cam can just take off when used by another human
      Rudy -
      Anyone know how the generic grades for a prospect translate to overalls? What is a B? I have never seen an A yet.
      ram29jackson -
      its about time that in online head to head games you should be able to see the formation the opponent is coming out in at the play call screen and not just how many skill position players.

its lame to be surprised by that
      SmoothPancakes -
      Interesting. After getting 13 through Xbox Live with their Super Bowl weekend thing, I created a QB on Denver. Was sitting behind Peyton on the depth chart. Never played a single down other than PATs and field goals the entire first season. It didn't matter that there were games were winning by as much as 42-10 in the fourth quarter, and games where we were losing 38-3 in the fourth quarter, I never played a single snap at QB.

Fast forward to the next season, and Peyton is nowhere to be seen. Checked, he wasn't sitting as a free agent and wasn't traded to another team, so he must have retired. But I never saw one story about him. I saw stories about Champ Bailey and Keith Brooking retiring, but not Peyton Manning. They really need to start adding crap back in next year. Playing as a player, unless it shows up as a headline/story on the News tab, I have no damn clue who is getting cut in the preseason, who is being signed from free agency, who is getting traded away, who is retiring, etc. Talk about being in the fucking dark.
      Rudy -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      its about time that in online head to head games you should be able to see the formation the opponent is coming out in at the play call screen and not just how many skill position players.

its lame to be surprised by that
      I disagree. You should only know the personnel package not the formation. Why would you expect to know the exact formation? An NFL team doesn't know if the QB will be under centre or in shotgun while they are in the huddle. They don't know if the FB will be in a pro set or strong I formation. It's very unreasonable to expect to know the exact formation. That's why a defence sometimes calls timeout when they get confused by a look they didn't expect.

And Smooth, I agree about the need for a transaction log. I've had guys retire and didnt know it until I checked my depth chart. Definitely something that is needed.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      Interesting. After getting 13 through Xbox Live with their Super Bowl weekend thing, I created a QB on Denver. Was sitting behind Peyton on the depth chart. Never played a single down other than PATs and field goals the entire first season. It didn't matter that there were games were winning by as much as 42-10 in the fourth quarter, and games where we were losing 38-3 in the fourth quarter, I never played a single snap at QB.

Fast forward to the next season, and Peyton is nowhere to be seen. Checked, he wasn't sitting as a free agent and wasn't traded to another team, so he must have retired. But I never saw one story about him. I saw stories about Champ Bailey and Keith Brooking retiring, but not Peyton Manning. They really need to start adding crap back in next year. Playing as a player, unless it shows up as a headline/story on the News tab, I have no damn clue who is getting cut in the preseason, who is being signed from free agency, who is getting traded away, who is retiring, etc. Talk about being in the fucking dark.
      You know what is even worse? When your own players go to free agency and you don't know about it until you see them in the free agency negotiations.
      Rudy -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      You know what is even worse? When your own players go to free agency and you don't know about it until you see them in the free agency negotiations.
      That shouldn't happen Jaymo. You should see a final re-negotiation screen with all your free agents at the end of the year which will include the contracts you either dismissed or the player cut you off during the in-season period. At that point you can use the franchise tag on any player you want, sign a guy or just advance to free agency.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      That shouldn't happen Jaymo. You should see a final re-negotiation screen with all your free agents at the end of the year which will include the contracts you either dismissed or the player cut you off during the in-season period. At that point you can use the franchise tag on any player you want, sign a guy or just advance to free agency.
      Weird? In the past two seasons at the end some of my fa, I cannot talk to duirng the season and then they are automatically put into the FA pool.
      Rudy -
      Maybe I wasn't paying attention close enough but I never noticed that.