• Madden NFL 13 - Share Your Thoughts & Impressions

Madden NFL 13 will be available beginning Friday at 6 PM ET for EA SPORTS Season Ticket subscribers with the retail launch on August 28.

Highlighted by Connected Careers and the new Infinity Engine, Madden NFL 13 may be the most anticipated edition of the franchise in years. Once you play the game, share your thoughts and impressions on the game here with the community.
    Comments 331 Comments
      JBHuskers -
      You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...ts-Impressions
      WolverineJay -
      Just curious about 3 things:
      1) The tackling/break tackling within the Infinity Engine. Does it look realistic now or still same as demo?

2) The playcalling logic of the CPU at end of the game while trailing by 7 or less was atrocious in the demo. So is the CPU still calling HB draws, HB dives, HB screens, and dumping it off underneath with no concern for the time left in a close game that their losing?

3) The CPU team's draft pick logic and trades within the draft. I still don't know if it is possible to trade down instead of making your selection since all the draft videos have shown unrealistic things any impressions on those areas will be appreciated.
      gschwendt -

Madden NFL 13 Full Game
      Carolina Panthers at New York Jets
      cdj vs gschwendt
      gschwendt -
      I've only played 1.25 games (we just got it yesterday) so I can't give a very solid opinion, but to me the most entertaining aspect of the game is laughing at all of the awful physics post-play. In fact, there's one segment of that video where one player was trying to perform a figure four leg lock on an opponent. I'm glad NCAA didn't get the physics this year.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      laughing at all of the awful physics post-play.
      Yeah, that's the first thing my co-worker mentioned to me after playing the demo. Somehow I hadn't noticed
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      I've only played 1.25 games (we just got it yesterday) so I can't give a very solid opinion, but to me the most entertaining aspect of the game is laughing at all of the awful physics post-play. In fact, there's one segment of that video where one player was trying to perform a figure four leg lock on an opponent. I'm glad NCAA didn't get the physics this year.
      I love seeing how some of the arms are bent back like a pretzel. It really is good entertainment.
      JBHuskers -
      Just saw on Josh Looman's Facebook page that IGN gave Madden a 90.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post

I don't get it. Pastapadre is a pretty big madden homer but even he admitted the game has a lot of short comings. The game is going in the right direction but at the end of the day it still plays/looks/feels like madden. It's refreshing but not revolutionary.
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post

Well that means I'll prob rate it a 45.
      I OU a Beatn -
      First impression: good luck defending a user online who knows what they're doing with New England. That offense is straight up nasty. Horrible defense, though. Sounds like the perfect team for me!
      JBHuskers -
      Whoever gets it installed, shoot me a psn message. Gonna be on the disc version for a bit.

cdj -
      3rd Quarter of Action between the Colts (CPU) and Oakland (cdj) on All-Pro. (The third quarter had the most action.)

cdj -
      Opening Video of Madden NFL 13:

Rudy -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      Yeah, that's the first thing my co-worker mentioned to me after playing the demo. Somehow I hadn't noticed
      I was too busy being pissed off at the horrible replay system than noticing the defensive players all falling over each other. Pastapadre has a lot of nice things to say about Madden but late game cpu AI, the ease of the cpu on default All-American and the replay system were on the negative side. He does like the Infinity engine a lot. I still see it as a subtle improvement. Guys falling over each other post play doesn't bother me.
      EDJ -
      My impression...still downloading.

CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by EDJ View Post
      My impression...still downloading.

Ditto.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      Pastapadre has a lot of nice things to say about Madden
      I haven't looked in the comments, but, after reading his articles, I imagine that some of the more frequent haters there are accusing him or being bought and paid for.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      I haven't looked in the comments, but, after reading his articles, I imagine that some of the more frequent haters there are accusing him or being bought and paid for.
      That's pretty much a given. Any article even slightly-pro EA, the comments are full of all the idiots accusing him of being bought and paid off for good words. He could have 10 negative articles attacking EA, but that one pro-EA article, and suddenly he's being bought by EA.
      I OU a Beatn -
      Put up over 500 yards of offense in my first online game after maybe an hour in practice mode. Aside from throwing 3 absolutely stupid as hell picks(stupid on my part, not the game) I had my way with my opponent. I kind of felt bad for him. If he blitzed, I'd just hit drags or flares. If he gave me time, I ate him alive with corners and crossing patterns.

The pass rush still just isn't there. The defense is definitely improved, but it can't hold up forever. I'm sure it'll get better the more people play the game, but early on it's going to be all offense.
      skipwondah33 -
      I'll give a more in-depth impression I guess tomorrow. A little sleepy now.

The collisions after the play are hilarious at times when I pay attention to them.

Other than that I could careless what happens after the play as I dont watch them.

And despite love what the Physics does in the game. Can only get better which is promising but I can definitely tell the implementation of it very much.

Love how the WR's catch the ball in stride all in one motion continuing to run.

Will get plenty more games in tomorrow