• Upcoming NCAA Football 13 Title Update Details *UPDATE*

NCAA Football 13 Lead Producer Jason French has released details on two game updates. The first update was available on July 31st and the second on August 15.

Game Update #1 is now available for X-Box 360 and PS3 users. If connected to XBL/PSN, simply starting the game will automatically prompt you to download the update.

Update 8/1 - A Tuner Pack has been released for both 360 and PS3 users. If connected to XBL/PSN, you'll be prompted if you would like to download it. In order to play any online games (Play Now or Online Dynasty), you'll be required to have this update. Details are immediately after the break.

Update 8/14 - The second NCAA Football 13 game update will be available on Wednesday, August 15.

Be sure to let us know any feedback regarding either the Title Update or the Tuner Pack.

Continue on to see details of the first two game updates as well as the 8/1 Tuner Pack.

UPDATE 8/1 - Tuner Pack info via @EANCAAFootball
    The latest #NCAAFootball13 tuner update is now available on the Xbox 360 and PS3. The rate that you earn/lose coach trust points in Road to Glory has been adjusted in the tuner update. The tuner update also addresses the way LBs react to option plays in #NCAAFootball13.

Title Update Information

Hello NCAA Football fans, I'm Jason French, lead producer for NCAA Football 13. I'm here to give you some information on the post-release updates that we are currently working on.

Once the game was released, we started watching the forums and talking to our EA SPORTS Game Changers community to see what areas needed to be addressed. It came to our attention that there were two big issues that we were facing with the game and I commissioned a quick title update in order to get those two issues fixed as soon as possible. The first issue was a loss of functionality on the Playcall screen, which created a situation where you couldn't change the formation without pausing the game. The second issue was a random crash in our Dynasty mode while loading into a Dynasty game. Once we became aware of these issues, we got fixes in and submitted a title update to Microsoft and Sony. The first title update in order to fix these two issues will be released on July 31st.

There is a work-around for the Dynasty crash until the patch is released. If you run into the crash loading in to game, you need to resave your dynasty file. You can do this by renaming your dynasty or making a change and triggering the auto-save feature. When you do this, it will optimize the file and you can continue playing.

We've taken a little more time for our second update, which should be released by Sony and Microsoft by the end of August.

We will be addressing the following issues that we have seen from our telemetry and heard about from our community:

Gameplay

•Zone Defense has been updated.
    •We improved receiver leverage logic as well as predicting when a receiver will be in or out of their zone.
    •Improved Deep Half Zone decision making about when to split between uncovered receivers. Also, allow more zone overlapping in deep half to cover more area.
    •Deep half defenders were dropping too close to the sideline or dropping outside when no receiver was outside of their position.
    •No-Huddle QB Spy bug fixed. Defenders will no longer go into spy assignments while in man coverage.
    •Receivers weren’t looking for hot-read passes.
    •CPU QBs passing during the drop would get set passes instead of on-the-run inaccurate passes.
    •Change the logic of man defenders so they don't run into the backfield and past the receiver they are covering.
    •Route running near sideline was causing issues especially on comeback routes.
    •Fixed players not respecting global show blitz/press/back off coverage after handing off a receiver.
    •Fixed sideline streak routes so they don't get clamped in a way that the route would end after 10 or 15 yards.
    •Drive summaries should now reset after each scoring drive.

Dynasty

•Once a promise becomes active, it was duplicating after each week advance.
    •Recruit Reports & Advisory options remained even after the "Allow Time Savers" setting was turned off.
    •Schools with a D+ Program Tradition could not get their grade increased through wins and championships.
    •In the off-season, post season games were not shown to have been played.

Custom Playbooks

•Fixed an issue where if CPU coaches were given a custom playbook, the players were occasionally lining up close to the ball.
    •Fixed an issue where the user was unable to create an offensive playbook that consisted of 1 of every formation.
    •Fixed an issue where the user was sometimes losing functionality after the UI disappears in Custom Playbooks.
    •Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes.

In addition, we will be adding a "Uniform Store" to the game. In the past, we have had a cut off of mid-April for uniform submissions from schools in order to get them onto our disc in time. Sometimes those came in after the deadline and we would have to wait until the following year in order to get those default uniforms in. The "Uniform Store" will allow us to give you updated uniforms during the season. If it's an update to a team's default uniform, you will get those uniforms at no additional charge, via download in the store if and when available.

After these title updates are released, we will continue to monitor forums and look at our internal telemetry to see if there are additional updates we should release. The NCAA Football Development Team is committed to releasing a fun and stable product for all of its fans.
    Comments 65 Comments
      CLW -
      Time will tell if Patch #2 opens up another can of worms but it sounds decent. However, unless I missed it no word on fixing the defender standing there and doing nothing on option runs and the "stumble" animation on deep throws?
      souljahbill -
      Nothing about blocking logic.
      beartide06 -
      These sound pretty good, but like CLW, I hope it doesn't effect other areas negatively. Also, I know they have priorities, but it seems there are a few things not included in the patches: DT's being un-drafted, "slow-mo" player glitch, "dead-arm" glitch, etc. Obviously these are not as important as some of the other areas, just didn't notice any announced adjustments to those items. And, they may not be called a "glitch" specifically, but they were some noticeable issues I came across. In fact, the "slow-mo" player, caused a few off-sides penalties for me when the CPU ran the no-huddle. Overall, the fixes will be welcome if they are implemented correctly.
      ryby6969 -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      I second this!
      PeteyKirch -
      Nothing about white uniforms not getting dirty properly.

Harpstar -
      I have experienced game freezes in both NCAA 12 and 13. I just had my first 13 freeze during halftime of a dynasty game. Incredibly frustrating as I have to shut and restart my Xbox.
      Sinister -
      I would hope a tuner is coming out to fix blocking user catch both sides of the ball and counter glitch
      I OU a Beatn -
      Patch #2 will either fix the game enough that it's relatively playable online, or it'll fuck it up to the point that it's completely unplayable. When I see them messing with zone coverage logic in patches, especially with EA's history, that just scares the hell out of me. But, unfortunately, it definitely needs to be tweaked. Let's hope they correct it and don't mess it up even more.
      JeffHCross -
      I'm hoping at least one tuner set is coming out that will address additional issues beyond what's listed here.
      AustinWolv -
      What a jinx......I hadn't have the dynasty load game freeze until reading this thread yesterday and then it happened last night. LOL.
      jaymo76 -
      "In addition, we will be adding a "Uniform Store" to the game. In the past, we have had a cut off of mid-April for uniform submissions from schools in order to get them onto our disc in time. Sometimes those came in after the deadline and we would have to wait until the following year in order to get those default uniforms in. The "Uniform Store" will allow us to give you updated uniforms during the season. If it's an update to a team's default uniform, you will get those uniforms at no additional charge, via download in the store if and when available."

The sinister side of me thinks that uniform STORE will give us any new defaults and offer up a lot of PAID CONTENT for other choices. Why else would they call it a store and mention specifically DEFAULT uniforms? I could easily see selling of alts, historical uniforms, etc.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      The sinister side of me thinks that uniform STORE will give us any new defaults and offer up a lot of PAID CONTENT for other choices. Why else would they call it a store and mention specifically DEFAULT uniforms? I could easily see selling of alts, historical uniforms, etc.
      Considering those uniforms weren't ever available post-release in the past, I don't see anything wrong with charging a small fee. That and similar to how MUT has taken off for Madden, I can only see it being an added benefit for both the end-user and EA. If you don't want them, don't buy them; the majority of them would likely be available in the following year's game. You have uniform nuts that want every change made available to them, what better way to do it than to make money off of their obsession?
      Cane305 -
      Anyone know if these changes will effect online dynasty? Example last years "updates" you had to restart the dynasty for the changes to take place...
      GatorBait06NC -
      They add a "uniform store" but Florida cannot get it's correct team color fixed to Orange. That better be fixed!!!
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC View Post
      They add a "uniform store" but Florida cannot get it's correct team color fixed to Orange. That better be fixed!!!
      If I had to guess, they probably disagree with you that the default should be Orange. I know you want it to be Orange (primarily for the shoe color, if memory serves), but I would guess this isn't seen as a "bug".

Now, there are some other uniform-related things that I would hope would get fixed before this "uniform store" gets added (or fixed via it, at least), so we can agree on that, at least ...
      Jayrah -
      Sick of pressing the "tackle" button and diving right past the runner. I am supposed to be tackling the guy, not diving at him!!!!!! Please include this as a priority in whatever your next title date is EA!
      SCClassof93 -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      Exactly what I thought, but hey at least we can get more detail on socks and stuff.........
      AustinWolv -
      There is a work-around for the Dynasty crash until the patch is released. If you run into the crash loading in to game, you need to resave your dynasty file. You can do this by renaming your dynasty or making a change and triggering the auto-save feature. When you do this, it will optimize the file and you can continue playing.
      Ok, what is this bullshit now? Getting this freezing yet again and the auto-save workaround doesn't work, although it did the first time I had to use it last week.
      Backing up the file with a new name doesn't work either. Freeze after freeze.

Unlike some people who have launched hate on this game, I'm enjoying this year's game despite the shortcomings. Check that.....I was enjoying the game quite a bit, especially with the Heisman sliders I've been using recently.....excellent games. But the fact of not being able to play a dynasty game due to this failure is ridiculous, as a foundation feature of the game. Can't even play the game, nevermind the messed-up blocking or whatever else people have complained about. The game itself doesn't even work!
      cdj -
      Game Update #1 now available on game start-up for both PS3 and X-Box 360 users. Just fire up the game and you will be prompted to download it.

It is 31 MB for PS3, 2 MB for 360.
      hawkeyeguy -
      *Crossing fingers this doesn't hose up our current dynasty*