• Upcoming NCAA Football 13 Title Update Details *UPDATE*

NCAA Football 13 Lead Producer Jason French has released details on two game updates. The first update was available on July 31st and the second on August 15.

Game Update #1 is now available for X-Box 360 and PS3 users. If connected to XBL/PSN, simply starting the game will automatically prompt you to download the update.

Update 8/1 - A Tuner Pack has been released for both 360 and PS3 users. If connected to XBL/PSN, you'll be prompted if you would like to download it. In order to play any online games (Play Now or Online Dynasty), you'll be required to have this update. Details are immediately after the break.

Update 8/14 - The second NCAA Football 13 game update will be available on Wednesday, August 15.

Be sure to let us know any feedback regarding either the Title Update or the Tuner Pack.

Continue on to see details of the first two game updates as well as the 8/1 Tuner Pack.

UPDATE 8/1 - Tuner Pack info via @EANCAAFootball
    The latest #NCAAFootball13 tuner update is now available on the Xbox 360 and PS3. The rate that you earn/lose coach trust points in Road to Glory has been adjusted in the tuner update. The tuner update also addresses the way LBs react to option plays in #NCAAFootball13.

Title Update Information

Hello NCAA Football fans, I'm Jason French, lead producer for NCAA Football 13. I'm here to give you some information on the post-release updates that we are currently working on.

Once the game was released, we started watching the forums and talking to our EA SPORTS Game Changers community to see what areas needed to be addressed. It came to our attention that there were two big issues that we were facing with the game and I commissioned a quick title update in order to get those two issues fixed as soon as possible. The first issue was a loss of functionality on the Playcall screen, which created a situation where you couldn't change the formation without pausing the game. The second issue was a random crash in our Dynasty mode while loading into a Dynasty game. Once we became aware of these issues, we got fixes in and submitted a title update to Microsoft and Sony. The first title update in order to fix these two issues will be released on July 31st.

There is a work-around for the Dynasty crash until the patch is released. If you run into the crash loading in to game, you need to resave your dynasty file. You can do this by renaming your dynasty or making a change and triggering the auto-save feature. When you do this, it will optimize the file and you can continue playing.

We've taken a little more time for our second update, which should be released by Sony and Microsoft by the end of August.

We will be addressing the following issues that we have seen from our telemetry and heard about from our community:

Gameplay

•Zone Defense has been updated.
    •We improved receiver leverage logic as well as predicting when a receiver will be in or out of their zone.
    •Improved Deep Half Zone decision making about when to split between uncovered receivers. Also, allow more zone overlapping in deep half to cover more area.
    •Deep half defenders were dropping too close to the sideline or dropping outside when no receiver was outside of their position.
    •No-Huddle QB Spy bug fixed. Defenders will no longer go into spy assignments while in man coverage.
    •Receivers weren’t looking for hot-read passes.
    •CPU QBs passing during the drop would get set passes instead of on-the-run inaccurate passes.
    •Change the logic of man defenders so they don't run into the backfield and past the receiver they are covering.
    •Route running near sideline was causing issues especially on comeback routes.
    •Fixed players not respecting global show blitz/press/back off coverage after handing off a receiver.
    •Fixed sideline streak routes so they don't get clamped in a way that the route would end after 10 or 15 yards.
    •Drive summaries should now reset after each scoring drive.

Dynasty

•Once a promise becomes active, it was duplicating after each week advance.
    •Recruit Reports & Advisory options remained even after the "Allow Time Savers" setting was turned off.
    •Schools with a D+ Program Tradition could not get their grade increased through wins and championships.
    •In the off-season, post season games were not shown to have been played.

Custom Playbooks

•Fixed an issue where if CPU coaches were given a custom playbook, the players were occasionally lining up close to the ball.
    •Fixed an issue where the user was unable to create an offensive playbook that consisted of 1 of every formation.
    •Fixed an issue where the user was sometimes losing functionality after the UI disappears in Custom Playbooks.
    •Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes.

In addition, we will be adding a "Uniform Store" to the game. In the past, we have had a cut off of mid-April for uniform submissions from schools in order to get them onto our disc in time. Sometimes those came in after the deadline and we would have to wait until the following year in order to get those default uniforms in. The "Uniform Store" will allow us to give you updated uniforms during the season. If it's an update to a team's default uniform, you will get those uniforms at no additional charge, via download in the store if and when available.

After these title updates are released, we will continue to monitor forums and look at our internal telemetry to see if there are additional updates we should release. The NCAA Football Development Team is committed to releasing a fun and stable product for all of its fans.
    Comments 65 Comments
      souljahbill -
      And we're 100% sure that it only fixes freezes, correct?
      TheMacAttack -
      Does anyone know when exactly the uniform store will be up and running? I don't mind paying for the extra uniforms but it should be only like 25 cents or less for a uniform. Anything more would be absurd.
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by TheMacAttack View Post
      Does anyone know when exactly the uniform store will be up and running? I don't mind paying for the extra uniforms but it should be only like 25 cents or less for a uniform. Anything more would be absurd.
      Patch #2 and I don't think anything can sell for less then a $1 on the PSN/XBL stores. Don't quote me on that though. Don't be surprised if unis are sold in packs cause I could see EA doing that to make you spend more just to get the 1 uni you want.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by TheMacAttack View Post
      As souljahbill said, it will be available with Patch #2 near the end of August. As well, based on last week's podcast, they'll be sold in "packs" so I would be willing to bet that multiple uniforms will be packaged together to be sold. No idea on pricing or how they might package them.
      hawkeyeguy -
      Thoughts on the new patch?
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeguy View Post
      Thoughts on the new patch?
      It solves the freezing issue, nothing more. The big update is at the end of August.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      It solves the freezing issue, nothing more. The big update is at the end of August.
      Does it actually solve it, and completely solve it? So I could start my dynasty if I truly wanted to instead of waiting for the August patch?
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      Does it actually solve it, and completely solve it? So I could start my dynasty if I truly wanted to instead of waiting for the August patch?
      I think only time will tell for sure but so far I haven't seen any complaints about freezing in the limited time it's been out.
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      I thought you were waiting to start your dynasty because of gameplay issues, not freezing.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      I thought you were waiting to start your dynasty because of gameplay issues, not freezing.
      I was holding off at first because of gameplay issues, but then it become mostly due to all the reports of dynasties freezing and people having to abandon them because they couldn't even get the dynasty to load, much less do anything in it.

I'm just trying to decide if I really want to wait until late August. HS Football starts up then, which means my Fridays and Saturdays are completely eliminated due to an increase in work hours, and then come the end of October, we jump into our campaigns at work, which are basically 6am to 6-9pm every week day from the last weekend of October through mid-December, HS basketball starting in late November through mid-February with that taking up 3-4 nights a week. And add in college football and NFL which means my entire Saturday and Sunday are lost every weekend from September through January. I'm lucky if I spend even 5 hours total a week on my 360 from late October through Christmas/New Year.
      gigemaggs99 -
      I did notice and please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my buddy and I have been having a hard time w/ the truck stick and the stiff arm. Well since applying the patch, again the X doesn't seem to do a thing as far as the Stiff Arm goes but now if I hold L2 prior to contact the HB will stiff arm like BO JACKSON. I'm messing around now on the practice field with Zac Line and SMU and if I time the L2 press correctly he takes on the defense like a BEAST. It's actually pretty neat. I'm sure in a game it would cause a big fumbling hazard but it's neat to be able to STIFF ARM guys like a freak show
      Tgross22 -
      I wish you guys will update and allow draft classes into Madden 13!!
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Tgross22 View Post
      I wish you guys will update and allow draft classes into Madden 13!!
      We don't actually work on the game, we just have a connection to those that do. That said, it's extremely unlikely that they'll add that this year.
      Tgross22 -
      My bad I know you guys don't, I was just putting it out there.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      We don't actually work on the game, we just have a connection to those that do. That said, it's extremely unlikely that they'll add that this year.
      I thought draft classes was completely and outright shot down by the Madden guys because of Connected Careers and them not allowing/accepting draft classes from NCAA? It's kind of pointless to allow draft classes for Madden in NCAA when Madden won't accept draft classes this year.
      souljahbill -
      Madden has a thing where rookies will have certain storylines following them into the draft. Guess its easier to do that with self-made classes then imported classes.
      JeffHCross -
      "Easier" is an understatement. Those kind of pre-generated stories would be almost impossible with NCAA rookies, unless people didn't mind a 4-time All-American quarterback suddenly becoming a "sleeper" because the game dictated so.
      novadolla -
      Why did they take away the ability to use mics in ODs n PS3?
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by novadolla View Post
      Why did they take away the ability to use mics in ODs n PS3?
      That's been gone for a couple years now... I think with NCAA11. For one, I know that anytime our ODs tried to use it, two people wouldn't hear each other while everyone else heard them.
      gigemaggs99 -
      Any update or release notes on the "tuning update" that NCAA 13 had me download today? I did the patch update yesterday, today it wanted to update the game-tuning data.