• Upcoming NCAA Football 13 Title Update Details *UPDATE*

NCAA Football 13 Lead Producer Jason French has released details on two game updates. The first update was available on July 31st and the second on August 15.

Game Update #1 is now available for X-Box 360 and PS3 users. If connected to XBL/PSN, simply starting the game will automatically prompt you to download the update.

Update 8/1 - A Tuner Pack has been released for both 360 and PS3 users. If connected to XBL/PSN, you'll be prompted if you would like to download it. In order to play any online games (Play Now or Online Dynasty), you'll be required to have this update. Details are immediately after the break.

Update 8/14 - The second NCAA Football 13 game update will be available on Wednesday, August 15.

Be sure to let us know any feedback regarding either the Title Update or the Tuner Pack.

Continue on to see details of the first two game updates as well as the 8/1 Tuner Pack.

UPDATE 8/1 - Tuner Pack info via @EANCAAFootball
    The latest #NCAAFootball13 tuner update is now available on the Xbox 360 and PS3. The rate that you earn/lose coach trust points in Road to Glory has been adjusted in the tuner update. The tuner update also addresses the way LBs react to option plays in #NCAAFootball13.

Title Update Information

Hello NCAA Football fans, I'm Jason French, lead producer for NCAA Football 13. I'm here to give you some information on the post-release updates that we are currently working on.

Once the game was released, we started watching the forums and talking to our EA SPORTS Game Changers community to see what areas needed to be addressed. It came to our attention that there were two big issues that we were facing with the game and I commissioned a quick title update in order to get those two issues fixed as soon as possible. The first issue was a loss of functionality on the Playcall screen, which created a situation where you couldn't change the formation without pausing the game. The second issue was a random crash in our Dynasty mode while loading into a Dynasty game. Once we became aware of these issues, we got fixes in and submitted a title update to Microsoft and Sony. The first title update in order to fix these two issues will be released on July 31st.

There is a work-around for the Dynasty crash until the patch is released. If you run into the crash loading in to game, you need to resave your dynasty file. You can do this by renaming your dynasty or making a change and triggering the auto-save feature. When you do this, it will optimize the file and you can continue playing.

We've taken a little more time for our second update, which should be released by Sony and Microsoft by the end of August.

We will be addressing the following issues that we have seen from our telemetry and heard about from our community:

Gameplay

•Zone Defense has been updated.
    •We improved receiver leverage logic as well as predicting when a receiver will be in or out of their zone.
    •Improved Deep Half Zone decision making about when to split between uncovered receivers. Also, allow more zone overlapping in deep half to cover more area.
    •Deep half defenders were dropping too close to the sideline or dropping outside when no receiver was outside of their position.
    •No-Huddle QB Spy bug fixed. Defenders will no longer go into spy assignments while in man coverage.
    •Receivers weren’t looking for hot-read passes.
    •CPU QBs passing during the drop would get set passes instead of on-the-run inaccurate passes.
    •Change the logic of man defenders so they don't run into the backfield and past the receiver they are covering.
    •Route running near sideline was causing issues especially on comeback routes.
    •Fixed players not respecting global show blitz/press/back off coverage after handing off a receiver.
    •Fixed sideline streak routes so they don't get clamped in a way that the route would end after 10 or 15 yards.
    •Drive summaries should now reset after each scoring drive.

Dynasty

•Once a promise becomes active, it was duplicating after each week advance.
    •Recruit Reports & Advisory options remained even after the "Allow Time Savers" setting was turned off.
    •Schools with a D+ Program Tradition could not get their grade increased through wins and championships.
    •In the off-season, post season games were not shown to have been played.

Custom Playbooks

•Fixed an issue where if CPU coaches were given a custom playbook, the players were occasionally lining up close to the ball.
    •Fixed an issue where the user was unable to create an offensive playbook that consisted of 1 of every formation.
    •Fixed an issue where the user was sometimes losing functionality after the UI disappears in Custom Playbooks.
    •Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes.

In addition, we will be adding a "Uniform Store" to the game. In the past, we have had a cut off of mid-April for uniform submissions from schools in order to get them onto our disc in time. Sometimes those came in after the deadline and we would have to wait until the following year in order to get those default uniforms in. The "Uniform Store" will allow us to give you updated uniforms during the season. If it's an update to a team's default uniform, you will get those uniforms at no additional charge, via download in the store if and when available.

After these title updates are released, we will continue to monitor forums and look at our internal telemetry to see if there are additional updates we should release. The NCAA Football Development Team is committed to releasing a fun and stable product for all of its fans.
    Comments 65 Comments
      gschwendt -
      From Twitter:
      https://twitter.com/EANCAAFootball/s...96553919533057

The latest #NCAAFootball13 tuner update is now available on the Xbox 360 and PS3.
      The rate that you earn/lose coach trust points in Road to Glory has been adjusted in the tuner update.
      The tuner update also addresses the way LBs react to option plays in #NCAAFootball13.

I'm about to fire up an OD game using Michigan so I'll quickly be able to give feedback regarding the new option defense. I'm hoping that it applies to both LBs and DBs (since DBs are the more obvious ones) but we'll see.
      souljahbill -
      If it makes it harder outside of stopping defenders from freezing in place, I'm gonna rage. The blocking is already bad so better defenders will drive me nuts.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      If it makes it harder outside of stopping defenders from freezing in place, I'm gonna rage. The blocking is already bad so better defenders will drive me nuts.
      In about a half of gameplay so far, granted we're on modified Heisman sliders so they were already somewhat difficult, but on the speed/pitch options, the LBs definitely are more attacking. It essentially forces you to make a decision whether to pitch or not if the LB goes unblocked. Obviously that may not be as much the case on other difficulties or sliders, but that's what I'm seeing so far.

BTW, just so we're clear, this does not fix the mindless DBs against the option.
      herropreese -
      Maybe a fix for the custom stadium sounds? I know it probably isn't too high on the to do list, but I sure would be happy if they increased the volume of the sounds.
      jaymo76 -
      Is it possible for a tuner update that will basically tell offensive linemen to block blitzers and outside rushers? I really like this game... BUT... the blocking or lack thereof is very frustrating and has cost me a few games already.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      That's been gone for a couple years now... I think with NCAA11. For one, I know that anytime our ODs tried to use it, two people wouldn't hear each other while everyone else heard them.
      They came back at some point with NCAA 11. I remember that we thought they were gone early with NCAA 11, but at some point during the year they suddenly started working.
      gigemaggs99 -
      GIG 'EM AGGIES! I watched the making of the game shows tonight on ESPNU. They had some cool quick shots of TGT, that was cool to see. They also showed some clips visiting the Adidas headquarters and they showed off the new A&M uniforms they said will be coming out in the uniform update.

So, my question is if someone might know...should I hold off on continuing my A&M offline dynasty until this uniform update comes out? YES I want to use the new unis but I kinda want to know if my current offline dynasty will update the unis once the update comes out? Hope this ? makes sense I'm just really happy to see our new digs made the update!

GIG 'EM!

Gus '99
      gschwendt -
      Any uniforms you purchase should likely be available in any current future dynasties.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      really pisses me off, as i like to play at a light speed type of pace in my games vs the cpu, that you now have to wait 5 seconds before calling a play. this destroys the hurry up feel that one is able to get when playing with a no huddle team.

i know that i've said this before, but i shouldnt have to be forced to watch a cutscene. i know some of our guys were in favor of making it harder to skip the cutscenes, but i would much rather have the ability to skip over the cutscenes immediately, than be forced to watch them. i just got done with a game just now and i had 70 offensive plays. thats almost 6 minutes worth of forced cutscenes, just on my side of the ball.
      JeffHCross -
      Plus, if you try to skip a cut-scene, you run the risk of the "No Huddle" trigger not working, and being forced to huddle.
      USFBullsFan11 -
      anything being done about the shotgun counter play that counts as a loss of 4 yards every time you run it? as a worst case scenario can't we just take that play out of the game? It's not helping anyone.
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by USFBullsFan11 View Post
      anything being done about the shotgun counter play that counts as a loss of 4 yards every time you run it? as a worst case scenario can't we just take that play out of the game? It's not helping anyone.
      Play on normal speed
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      Play on normal speed
      Bill's right, and here's the explanation for his post.
      USFBullsFan11 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      Bill's right, and here's the explanation for his post.

I appreciate the information, and the workaround, but a workaround is just that, a way for the user to get around something that is broken. That being said, this is still something that should be a priority to be fixed. Setting my game speed on normal is really no different than saying, don't call the hb counter. I'm in multiple online dynasties that prefer the slow game speed so that's not really an option. Every glitch in every game has a workaround, it still very much needs to be fixed.
      JeffHCross -
      it still very much needs to be fixed.
      Nobody here disagrees. But we've seen no information on whether or not a fix is forthcoming. So in the meantime, there's the workaround.

Also, according to that workaround, you can also use a playbook that is not "Spread" style, and still play on Slow speed. Potentially, if you wanted to do so, you could take a non-Spread style playbook, add the exact same plays as your preferred Spread style playbook, and use it that way.
      gigemaggs99 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      Nobody here disagrees. But we've seen no information on whether or not a fix is forthcoming. So in the meantime, there's the workaround.

Also, according to that workaround, you can also use a playbook that is not "Spread" style, and still play on Slow speed. Potentially, if you wanted to do so, you could take a non-Spread style playbook, add the exact same plays as your preferred Spread style playbook, and use it that way.

This is a great idea, would like to know if it works. Pretty sneaky there Jeff
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
      This is a great idea, would like to know if it works. Pretty sneaky there Jeff
      Well, when I was confirming your original report, I took Shotgun Spread - HB Counter from TCU's Spread playbook and ... somebody's ... Air Raid playbook. This was on Slow game speed. We know in the default playbooks, it works for the Air Raid but not the Spread. I created Custom playbooks based off of each, one for TCU and one for the other team, and it followed expectations. The TCU-Custom book didn't work, while the Air Raid-Custom book did.
      morsdraconis -
      That is the most ridiculous bug I've ever heard of before. Wow. Talk about some seriously weird shit.
      booker21 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      From Twitter:
      https://twitter.com/EANCAAFootball/s...96553919533057

The latest #NCAAFootball13 tuner update is now available on the Xbox 360 and PS3.
      The rate that you earn/lose coach trust points in Road to Glory has been adjusted in the tuner update.
      The tuner update also addresses the way LBs react to option plays in #NCAAFootball13.

I'm about to fire up an OD game using Michigan so I'll quickly be able to give feedback regarding the new option defense. I'm hoping that it applies to both LBs and DBs (since DBs are the more obvious ones) but we'll see.
      Any idea where i can get the patch and tuner offline? I don`t have Xbox live in my country.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
      That is the most ridiculous bug I've ever heard of before. Wow. Talk about some seriously weird shit.
      Well, it makes more sense when you eliminate the variables and just use one team. The whole Air Raid/Spread theory turned out to be total coincidence (based on my testing last night).